Apple blacking out vacation days during second week of October

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Why didn't you get Apple to give you a new phone? They test the battery, if it's holding a charge below the acceptable threshold for number of cycles they will replace it on site. I've had them do this for many iPhones, iPods, and Macs over the years.

I didn't know that. I assume you mean out of warranty. How does that work? Did you go to an Apple Store or mail away?

P.s. BTW loved your Stephen Fry link the other day. Did you see it is a precursor to a language series he is doing?
  • Reply 42 of 44
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by neosum View Post

They will be paying upwards of $900+ for someone to stand in line and buy iphones for them.

They write it off as R&D
  • Reply 43 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mystic View Post

It can't be as bad as my 3G. It only lasts about 20 minutes now. I feel like I'm limping to the finish line. What happened to June/July!?

...I still have a good 36 hrs standby - over 50 hrs recently before last recharge - on my 2+ yr old 3G. But yeah, battery drops pretty good with a few calls or WiFi usage. Its still usable and I have rock solid confidence in it, but it IS really time for an upgrade.

From a 3G to i4S or i5 (or whatever it will be called) will like going from an Edsel to a modern Jag .
  • Reply 44 of 44
    Oh, jeez. My iPhone 3GS has a cracked screen and I can only talk using speaker phone. One of the speakers is broken and the LED light is barely functional. I have to use my iPhone in the light to see the display. The volume button is not functioning correctly. Woe is me