how are you going to do this,

go to a physical store

buy direct from apple

do you think amazon will presell?

go to local ATT wait list, wait in line

your strategies
  • Reply 182 of 188
    y2any2an Posts: 189member
    My bet is that Apple will launch a touch screen iPhone nano relying solely on the headset for audio and voice to control. Look at the 4 icons in the invitation. Just the same size as the nano touch. A perfect way to launch a low cost phone that didn't sacrifice features to lower the price. Instead it would raise the bar on a popular existing product!
  • Reply 183 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by y2an View Post

iPhone nano

YES! YES YES YES!

Hello, 2008! Man, I was WONDERING when someone would finally bring this nonsense back up!

Quote:

A perfect way to launch a low cost phone that didn't sacrifice features to lower the price.

Didn't sacrifice features?! Are you freaking kidding me?! How would a 1" screened phone not sacrifice features?!

Quote:

Instead it would raise the bar on a popular existing product!

The stupidly-large-screeners will call me a hypocrite, but a 1" screen on a phone is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Ever. And this is from a guy who actually uses a phone that has a 1" screen on a semi-daily basis. Well, 1.8". Way too small and it isn't even touch.
  • Reply 184 of 188
    y2any2an Posts: 189member
    Didn't sacrifice features?! Are you freaking kidding me?! How would a 1" screened phone not sacrifice features?!

> It adds to a nano, not takes away from a standard iPhone.

The stupidly-large-screeners will call me a hypocrite, but a 1" screen on a phone is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Ever. And this is from a guy who actually uses a phone that has a 1" screen on a semi-daily basis. Well, 1.8". Way too small and it isn't even touch.

> That's the point of the tagline - "Let's talk iPhone". It's voice controlled. Remember that the shuffle doesn't even have a screen...

My guess is they launch a true iPhone 5, and an iPhone nano as one more thing.
  • Reply 185 of 188
    Quote:

> It adds to a nano, not takes away from a standard iPhone.

I'm not sure Apple wants a fourth branch of iOS.

Basically it would be a nano+a cellular radio. Never mind that it's physically impossible to fit any cellular chip into that size; let's ignore that right now.

That's all it would be. An iPod nano plus calling. So what would you do with it? You can't hold it to your face, it's 1.48"x1.61". It's too small.

So what, you're forced to use headphones to make calls? Zero sold day one. Zero sold one year later.

Quote:

That's the point of the tagline - "Let's talk iPhone". It's voice controlled. Remember that the shuffle doesn't even have a screen...

Ah, the iPhone shuffle. Randomly call your contacts. I see. Voice tech, even Nuance voice tech, isn't good enough to do pure voice-based control.

So it's not remotely an iPhone, then. It's a completely different product.

Aside: for future reference, use the quote system built into the forum. It makes posts way more readable.
  • Reply 186 of 188
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:

My bet is that Apple will launch a touch screen iPhone nano relying solely on the headset for audio and voice to control. Look at the 4 icons in the invitation. Just the same size as the nano touch. A perfect way to launch a low cost phone that didn't sacrifice features to lower the price. Instead it would raise the bar on a popular existing product!

now as tim cook says that would be "clever"
  • Reply 187 of 188
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

It adds to a nano, not takes away from a standard iPhone.

1) Please learn to quote comments. It makes them easier to read.

2) How does a 1" 1:1 display compared to the current 3.5" 3:2 display not take away from the standard iPhone. Do you not realize that the iPod Nano doesn't run iOS nor have the requisite performance capabilities to run iOS. Even if that somehow materialized you would still need to get a decent battery usage out of a phone with a very small battery. Finally, no default iPhone app or App Store app is going run on this device's display. IOW, there is nothing standard about it.
  • Reply 188 of 188
    With just a couple of days to go (3 Days 6 Hours 38 Minutes to be exact), where are the elevator pictures???

Go get 'em!

With a 4, I likely won't be upgrading this time around...