T-Mobile wants iPhone, appeases customers with Android alternatives

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neo42 View Post

Why can't Apple simply add radio support for T-Mobile's 3G band and call it a day? Oh I know, GREED.

Or maybe it's just not worth Apple's time to change the radio design and get the device re-certified by the various governmental agencies just for T-Mobile's nonstandard 3G, when 4G is the future.
  • Reply 42 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shawnb View Post

Or maybe it's just not worth Apple's time to change the radio design and get the device re-certified by the various governmental agencies just for T-Mobile's nonstandard 3G, when 4G is the future.

Except AT&T's LTE frequency is the same as T-Mobile's 3G frequency, so Apple will have to add it eventually, anyway.
  • Reply 43 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Except AT&T's LTE frequency is the same as T-Mobile's 3G frequency, so Apple will have to add it eventually, anyway.

So the 4G iPhone would be a perfect time to add that, not 3G unless there's a boatload of incentive$.
  • Reply 44 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

If Sprint gets iPhone 5 that's pretty much game over for T-Mobile.

Why? Apple has only about 4% of the phone market, and WRT the smartphone market, Android phones outsell iPhones at better than 2 to 1.

T-Mobile may do very well sticking with the better-selling phones.
  • Reply 45 of 50
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 46 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Oh? I thought you had a first-gen.

I do, but I don't have any experience using it as a phone. I figured that's what he meant.
  • Reply 47 of 50
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 48 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Serious question, just curious: what are you doing with the phone if you're not using it as a phone? Are you a developer?

Used, to be, yeah. That was just secondary, though.

I won it. Couldn't swing 70 a month for service when it was new, so I couldn't use it. I was going to then use it on Centennial (remember them? ), but they got gobbled up by AT&T. Now it's so much later, that I may as well just keep my current phone (going on seven years old and still rocks) and wait until (a 'not when but if' scenario) an iPhone's plan is peanuts to my income or until they don't make data forced and get a then-new iPhone.

Until then, I'll just keep my LG VX5300. All I need is telephony. I never text, and I'd have no use for data where there isn't Wi-Fi (pretty sure about that, at least). Everything else I need, I do on my iPhone.

And if I do get a future iPhone? I may just keep carrying this one around. It's a piece of history. A Day One 2007 4GB iPhone. As the shortest-lived Apple product ever, it's a collector's item.
  • Reply 49 of 50
    deleted
  • Reply 50 of 50
    maybe in england, in poland, they offered bad phones, and prices is higher than uk