Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

More like.....

• Reply 64 of 77
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iKol View Post

More like.....

Interesting that you bring up that image ...

I remember thinking that Jobs was in his fluctuating state of health, and yet he showed up at a time of *crisis* to defend the company. The defense was not perfect - masterfully reassuring in some ways and typically dismissive in others. But he achieved the desired outcome - the spotlight was deflected onto others and the iPhone surge continued. Few industry leaders could have pulled this off, particularly in a physically weakened state. My admiration for him went up that day.

Bottom line - the buying public gave this antennagate issue a rest. Why don't you do so too?
  • Reply 65 of 77
    ikolikol Posts: 369member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

Bottom line - the buying public gave this antennagate issue a rest. Why don't you do so too?

Good points and I have let it go. I just don't deny it as if it never existed or rewrite history and claim that it's all "lies" and "bullshit". Or make statements like- just because MY........

And I didn't bring it up, I was responding to the drivel.
  • Reply 66 of 77
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iKol View Post

Good points and I have let it go. I just don't deny it as if it never existed or rewrite history and claim that it's alllies and bullshit. Or make statements like- just because MY........

And I didn't bring it up, I was responding to the drivel.

1) Obviously you haven't since you decided to claim that the iPhone 4 was inherently flawed because Apple gave away cases for 2 months for a product now running 16 months.

2) My anecdotal evidence was to shatter your BS claim that the iPhone 4 couldn't hold a single by design, not to claim that my experience was inherent of all users. It's you that are making false, BS claims about an issue that was only an issue the media drummed up, not anything that affected the user base as my questions ? which you've repeatedly failed to address ? show.
  • Reply 67 of 77
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

1) Obviously you haven't since you decided to claim that the iPhone 4 was inherently flawed because Apple gave away cases for 2 months for a product now running 16 months.

2) My anecdotal evidence was to shatter your BS claim that the iPhone 4 couldn't hold a single by design, not to claim that my experience was inherent of all users. It's you that are making false, BS claims about an issue that was only an issue the media drummed up, not anything that affected the user base as my questions — which you've repeatedly failed to address — show.

Geez. If he says he has let it go, why not assume it is from that post onward and just drop it?
  • Reply 68 of 77
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    I am glad this antennagate has revisited. Gives me a chance to revisit my favorite response.

Quote:

Interesting that you bring up that image ...

I remember thinking that Jobs was in his fluctuating state of health, and yet he showed up at a time of *crisis* to defend the company. The defense was not perfect - masterfully reassuring in some ways and typically dismissive in others. But he achieved the desired outcome - the spotlight was deflected onto others and the iPhone surge continued. Few industry leaders could have pulled this off, particularly in a physically weakened state. My admiration for him went up that day.

• Reply 69 of 77
    Quote:

Geez. If he says he has let it go, why not assume it is from that post onward and just drop it?

The fact that the topic evokes such anger for solipsism suggests that

deep down, he knows he is wrong and that the iPhone 4 is infact, a flawed device. He is awash in denial and therefore is unable to let it go.
  • Reply 70 of 77
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boogerman2000 View Post

The fact that the topic evokes such anger for solipsism suggests that deep down, he knows he is wrong and that the iPhone 4 is infact, a flawed device. He is awash in denial and therefore is unable to let it go.

Again, if you truly believe that then you shouldn't have any problems answering the simple questions presented on this forum by me and others.
  • Reply 71 of 77
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:

deep down, he knows he is wrong and that the iPhone 4 is infact, a flawed device. He is awash in denial and therefore is unable to let it go.

It's times like this that being a teetotaler is most painful.

Because I can't just drown my sorrows that someone, somewhere actually BELIEVES this load of abject nonsense in alcohol.

Ah, well. Chug a half-gallon of water and I should be right as rain.
  • Reply 72 of 77
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It's times like this that being a teetotaler is most painful.

Because I can't just drown my sorrows that someone, somewhere actually BELIEVES this load of abject nonsense in alcohol.

Ah, well. Chug a half-gallon of water and I should be right as rain.

Judging by the nature of the totality your posts, I'd say you should imbibe.

'Right as rain'. I like that idiom. Kinda like, 'thick as thieves' or 'thick as a brick'.
  • Reply 73 of 77
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    Quote:

Or more likely, like many of us I suspect, he is tired of the same old flawed arguments that the iPhone has a worse antenna problem than most other phones, and sometimes fails to refrain from rising to the bait. There you go - now I'm doing it too...
  • Reply 74 of 77
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Or more likely, like many of us I suspect, he is tired of the same old flawed arguments that the iPhone has a worse antenna problem than most other phones, and sometimes fails to refrain from rising to the bait. There you go - now I'm doing it too...

Hard times.
  • Reply 75 of 77
    Those claiming that having an external antenna means the iPhone 4 was flawed are now A) now eating crow that the iPhone 4S also has an external antenna design, or B) working fervently to defend some new point that they never claimed it was the externally placed antenna. Less your BS start….
  • Reply 76 of 77
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Those claiming that having an external antenna means the iPhone 4 was flawed are now A) now eating crow that the iPhone 4S also has an external antenna design, or B) working fervently to defend some new point that they never claimed it was the externally placed antenna. Less your BS start?.

"HERP DERP Apple updated the antenna didn't you watch the keynote it says now two way antenna that must mean they changed it because of the antennagate HERP DERP."

There. I've done it for them. Now we don't have to deal with it.
  • Reply 77 of 77

Apple iphone 4s in 64GB