tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

Is there an app for that?

• Reply 42 of 62
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Is this series supposed to chronicle Steve's declining health? He looks older and weaker in each shot.
  • Reply 43 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

The Zune pass is $10 a month and doesn't provide any purchases anymore.

It is too bad the Zune HD was cancelled, but not surprising considering everything is going to smartphones these days. We may see the iPod Classic get the axe as well today.

I for one, actually prefer a separate device for videos and music (and lots of storage) versus wasting my phone's battery life. But I seem to be in minority.

For the record I have owned many iPods (1st gen on), several Zunes (30GB, 80GB, Zune HD) and a few Sony players (HD1 and X1000 series). All were great players (the Sony sounded the best). I liked the Zune HD. Its design was simple and easy to use. It was small and the OS was fast (and looked very cool too). But the Zune had 2 problems. First MS tried to make it a competitor to the iPod (instant failure) instead of just making a great player. Second, the MS customer support for the Zune products blew compared to Apple's CS. Oh, and it took 3 years before MS even added Asian font support to the Zune's OS.

Sad to see it go, but the CS issue killed it for me in the end.

Now you've done it. Trying to defend the Zune as a pretty decent product on its own. The cool kids will now shun you.
  • Reply 44 of 62
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

Now you've done it. Trying to defend the Zune as a pretty decent product on its own. The cool kids will now shun you.

Yeah, really. What's he going to do next, wear last year's style of jeans?
  • Reply 45 of 62
    slapppyslapppy Posts: 331member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Both of the Zune customers are going to be really upset.

Well your totally wrong. Theres at least a dozen maybe more if you included Canada.
  • Reply 46 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

Is this series supposed to chronicle Steve's declining health? He looks older and weaker in each shot.

You know, for the life of me, I can't find the three-panel reaction image on which I based this. Was gonna show it here. Just imagine this image but a generic stick figure instead of Steve Jobs.
  • Reply 47 of 62
    shoozzshoozz Posts: 26member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davewthompson View Post

So how long did you have your Zune and Windows Phone for...?

Or is this yet another posting based on speculation?

As an owner of an iPhone 4 (running the iOS 5 beta) and Windows Phone 7.5 Mango, I can say they are both excellent devices with thier own strong points... so let's leave these statements to people who actually own devices...

While I have touched and played with the Zune I choose not to purchase it or most other MS products for that matter. I do however agree that I and others should not comment or speculate if you do not own or have significant time using these or other competitor products.
  • Reply 48 of 62
    bullheadbullhead Posts: 493member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davewthompson View Post

So how long did you have your Zune and Windows Phone for...?

Or is this yet another posting based on speculation?

As an owner of an iPhone 4 (running the iOS 5 beta) and Windows Phone 7.5 Mango, I can say they are both excellent devices with thier own strong points... so let's leave these statements to people who actually own devices...

Why would i spend money on either of those crappy devices? Since when does one have to own something to talk about it? Do i need to smoke crack cocaine to say it is bad? Yes, i saw the Zune in a store and played with it. It was a complete joke....feeble attempt to clone the iPod. I also read tons of reviews. You know, those things that help one decide what things are good and bad? And not reviews from the Windows fanboy sites either.

Heck just take a look at that horrid UI on Windows Phone...text scrolling off the screen to the right...those fugly "tiles". Totally unusable and horribly ugly. Whoever designed the Metro look should have been fired a long time ago. It failed on the Zune and now they are putting it everywhere. I guess it makes sense if you work at Microsoft.

Lots of new posters defending Microsoft anymore. Guess the marketing droids are astroturfing in full force these days.
  • Reply 49 of 62
    So Zune?
  • Reply 50 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

So Zune?

The Zuner the better.
  • Reply 51 of 62
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    The Zune.

It was brown.

Like poo!!!1!1!11!1!!!!1

• Reply 52 of 62
    grmacgrmac Posts: 67member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

You got an Apple tattoo?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which appliance manufacturer will be next? General Electric?

Or will you emblazon your body with other brand logos instead? BMW? The Gap? Gillette? Kraft Foods?

This is an excellent idea for congress, so we know which corps they work for.
  • Reply 53 of 62
    tjwaltjwal Posts: 404member
    Quote:

Actually Bill Gates has three children. I'm not sure they will be upset though. Finally they can get an ipod.
  • Reply 54 of 62
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    I've got a ZuneHD and it is all the more precious now.
  • Reply 55 of 62
    Quote:

LOL.... Squirt in Peace Zune......LOL The iPod killer that apparently wasn't... created by a company that only follows in a marketplace that prizes and awards innovation. i guess marketing only works for so long.

Next..... Windblows 8........LOL
  • Reply 56 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

I have never seen a Zune in the wild. A lot of people I know buy iPod Touches for their kids because iPad is too expensive/fragile. They get iPad for themselves. You hear about bad Zune sales figures and such but it's still a shock when they actually knock it on the head.

Not too sure I agree with this. Expense is relative. Fragile for a computer it isn't. I've experienced a few unintended experiments with mine. Most recently my 18 month old was done playing with it and did what he does with most things that are of no use to him, he tossed it off the couch. Then proceeded to jump down and walk over it on his way to other toys. Safe to say that my iPad is no worse for wear and he got a few more experiences of the word 'gentle'. lol

In other news, today is going to be a GREAT day!!!

K
  • Reply 57 of 62
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sagan_student View Post

Fragile for a computer it isn't.

Apparently someone sent Yoda an ipad . I couldn't resist that comment.
  • Reply 58 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

I like the tatoo design. But who, in the right mind, would put a tattoo on their body advertising any product? Wow....just, Wow.

Come on, look at the guy. Doesn't that answer your question?
  • Reply 59 of 62
    wow what a relief! I have been waiting for 2 years to LMAO when the Zune officially failed.
  • Reply 60 of 62
    And so the Zune disappears into the night. Not with a bang, not with a whimper, but with a small, silent fart.