Verizon iPhone 4S gets delivered early in US

Comments

• Reply 21 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacDevil View Post

Thanks for this. I was starting to get worried since my order page on Apple's site still says preparing for shipment. Just checked the UPS link and its showing delivery by end of the day on Friday. Guess I'll just have to be patient

Quote:
    Originally Posted by airnerd View Post

Mad props for this! I got the tracking for my wifes phone, it is in Lexington. Mine still says preparing to ship, but the tracking through UPS shows mine has arrived in Chek Lap Kok. AWESOME! I was starting to think I wouldn't get it on time.

No problem guys! I was worried also, but now I know where my phone is!
  • Reply 22 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rcoleman1 View Post

Anybody got any updates from AT&T?

ATT status page says mine shipped on 10/9, via Fedex. Fedex says they've never heard of the order number, so it's not in the system yet. Hoping it has a pleasant and safe trip through the 60mph conveyor belts.
  • Reply 23 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iamme73 View Post

My iPhone is with AT&T, and it has been sitting in Louisville KY since yesterday at 9:30am. It's now less than 300 miles away.

What's amazing to me is that my phone went from China to Hong Kong to Anchorage AK, and it left Anchorage on its way to Louisville all in the same day(10/10).

I once had a package from FedEx travel from PA to New Jersey and back to PA (according tot he scans) in about 6 minutes time. I haven't trusted the time-stamps on the FedEx/UPS scans since.
  • Reply 24 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skyzlmt View Post

I am 7am ordered... but no notification.

What carrier and mem size are you?

One thing i was thinking about, is Apple had to guestimate device amounts per configuration for initial builds. Never having a 64gb what if they guessed lower demand but more people opt... could people in certain configs end up left out in the cold on Friday?!

I;m just being mr negative. hah

I'm with AT&T, 64GB, black.............
  • Reply 25 of 66
    Quote:

My iPhone is with AT&T, and it has been sitting in Louisville KY since yesterday at 9:30am. It's now less than 300 miles away.

What's amazing to me is that my phone went from China to Hong Kong to Anchorage AK, and it left Anchorage on its way to Louisville all in the same day(10/10).

Keep in mind there was an international date line involved... a partner of mine once traveled from Sydney to D.C. via Tokyo, yet arrived only a few hours after he left. Subjectively speaking.
  • Reply 26 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by airnerd View Post

Mad props for this! I got the tracking for my wifes phone, it is in Lexington. Mine still says preparing to ship, but the tracking through UPS shows mine has arrived in Chek Lap Kok. AWESOME! I was starting to think I wouldn't get it on time.

Ups is showing it has left Hong Kong. I am bummed I can't track that sucker in the air!
  • Reply 27 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AchtungBecca View Post

I once had a package from FedEx travel from PA to New Jersey and back to PA (according tot he scans) in about 6 minutes time. I haven't trusted the time-stamps on the FedEx/UPS scans since.

Well, where in PA and where in NJ? Pittsburgh to Newark and back, clearly bogus. But you do know that the place on the other side of the river from Philadelphia is New Jersey, right? Guy might have been making a few stops and gone back and forth over the river.
  • Reply 28 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GordLacey View Post

I haven't gotten any kind of shipping notification, and mine was ordered minutes after the site went up. Bummer.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dvdkid919 View Post

Check your order status on the Apple site? unless you ordered it directly from your carrier

If you ordered it via a carrier, then the lack of notification is not surprising. Apple, however, definitely gives you an update every step of the way - It has left China. It is entering the US. It is being fondled by a customs agent ...
  • Reply 29 of 66
    s4mb4s4mb4 Posts: 267member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

It is being fondled by a customs agent ...

ewww!
  • Reply 30 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sierrajeff View Post

Well, where in PA and where in NJ? Pittsburgh to Newark and back, clearly bogus. But you do know that the place on the other side of the river from Philadelphia is New Jersey, right? Guy might have been making a few stops and gone back and forth over the river.

It was about a two hour drive (Allentown in PA, and I can't recall exactly where in NJ). Literally impossible to do.
  • Reply 31 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by einsteinbqat View Post

Some people are lucky. I ordered mine from Apple, in the night of the 7 October at 03:45 EST (Montreal) (the pre-order started at 3:00 EST + delays). Don't think that I'll be getting it on the 14 October. Apple still shows my order as "Processing".

Yeah, mine shows as processing as well, and I'm in Edmonton. I don't think Canadians are getting theirs on Friday. That sucks because I was really looking forward to using the unlocked phone in the US - I leave on Saturday morning
  • Reply 32 of 66
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AchtungBecca View Post

Sort of possible if the FedEx shipping warehouse was in Camden or Cherry Hill, NJ which is right on the border with PA.
  • Reply 33 of 66
    BREAKING NEWS: Apple drops Verizon for support for the iPhone 4S. Dang tough break dude...

First a German post man now Verizon prematurely shoots out a iPhone. Where's mine AT&T?
  • Reply 34 of 66
    I've received my tracking number!

Doesn't show in UPS's tracking system but I'm hoping for a Friday drop
  • Reply 35 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by propel View Post

White is ugly, especially on the iPad. When I bought my iPad2 they only had white and black 64GB 3G left so I bought the black one. Looked better to me.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally, I don't like a white iPhone, but would love to have a white iPad2. Perhaps cause my iMac is the white core 2 duo model. I'm looking forward to ordering my new black iPhone 4S, I'm willing to wait a couple of months to see if there are any issues that Apple needs to address. My 3GS is still going strong.
  • Reply 36 of 66
    Deleted
  • Reply 37 of 66
    Can this customer settle a debate by opening up the SIM card tray, to confirm whether or not her Verizon iPhone 4S came pre-installed with an international roaming SIM card from an official Verizon roaming partner?
  • Reply 38 of 66
    Quote:

UPS is sitting on them so they don't deliver early. The occasional one will slip through, but most will be held up.
  • Reply 39 of 66
    al_bundyal_bundy Posts: 1,525member
    if linkedin is to be believed this person is in Wisconsin. that means the phone went from china to memphis and then to wisconsin. hard to believe that only one phone did this.

my guess is that a lot of people are going to have their phones delivered today and the carriers just disabled the tracking updates
  • Reply 40 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigdaddyp View Post

Ups is showing it has left Hong Kong. I am bummed I can't track that sucker in the air!

Exactly. Too bad Apple won't turn on "find my phone" at the factory for us! LOL