More users say they'll likely buy iPhone 4S than can find fault in it

Comments

• Reply 41 of 67
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

I can't see why anyone would brag about 4.5, or even 5 inches

True. I wouldn't walk around bragging about any inches either, if I only had 4.5" to brag about.

On the other hand, if I had 9.7" to brag about, then that's a whole different story.
  • Reply 42 of 67
    recrec Posts: 217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Here are a few more accurate headlines.

Amazingly, 42% of all iPhone 4 owners plan to upgrade to the iPhone 4S, a truly amazing statistic.

88% of Android users are still broke and they will be sticking with their inferior phones.

1 out of every 4 Blackberry users will be jumping ship and getting an iPhone 4S!

Apple produces their biggest hit ever! iPhone 4S to become most popular phone ever!

I really like the way you think about this. =)

Especially 1 in 4 Blackberry users leaving their phones behind. Yikes! Leaving BB for what is considered just a standard upgrade model from Apple, no redesign or super amazing whiz bang features. 1 in 4!

Imagine what will happen to RIM when the iPhone 5 ships with it's bigger screen =)
  • Reply 43 of 67
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I already have an iPad 2, so I know what the performance is like. It's pretty darn good.

I also read today that Grand Theft Auto III is being released, only available for iPhone 4S and iPad 2.

I can see the point for the 4 and iPad 2 owners. I'm just skeptical of the 3G'ers who won't have iOS5/cloud and 3GSers who see the huge speed leap. I can remember being astonished when I made the move from 3GS.

Did any surveys ask what features would have been compelling enough to move from a 3G or 3GS? One not oft talked about . . . 64GB. I'm gonna love the headroom.
  • Reply 44 of 67
    I am a long-time Android fan and have bought almost every product they've built, but...

...Er, ah... Sorry... wrong forum

• Reply 45 of 67
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    What a terribly phrased headline.
  • Reply 46 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kpluck View Post

Give it another 6-8 weeks. As more Android phones start using 4.5" 720P displays the iPhone is going to look less attractive.

Don't get me wrong, OS-wise iOS is better than Android IMHO. The app selection is better and the apps are of better quality. But when non-iPhone users go into a store and immediately see some of these big beautiful new displays, the iPhone is going to look less interesting.

Don't get me wrong, only 7% surveyed cared.
  • Reply 47 of 67
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 48 of 67
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Among iPhone 4 users, dissatisfaction rates were substantially higher, countering another media-led fallacy that Apple's customers are generally ignorant and will buy anything the company sells without a consideration of features. ...

Still, 42 percent of existing iPhone 4 users said they planned to buy the new model,

They said that they would buy, even as they said they were dissatisfied.

Doesn't that mean that Apple's customers are generally ignorant and will buy anything the company sells without a consideration of features?
  • Reply 49 of 67
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

Doesn't that mean that Apple's customers are generally ignorant and will buy anything the company sells without a consideration of features?

It means that satisfied means different things to Apple users than it means to other buyers.

Apple users are unsatisfied if they don't get a revolution every 12 months.

Android users are unsatisfied if their clunky phone gets thrown out the window. Anything more than they're pleasantly surprised.
  • Reply 50 of 67
    "More users say they'll likely buy iPhone 4S than can find fault in it"

• Reply 51 of 67
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    Quote:

. But when non-iPhone users go into a store and immediately see some of these big beautiful new displays, the iPhone is going to look less interesting.

-kpluck

But what about the Specs! Doesn't the iPhone have more PPIs or something?
  • Reply 52 of 67
    Quote:

What you didn't get the memo? Aren't you one of "Apple's customers"? Or are you just hanging around these forums because you're not but you love Apple?
  • Reply 53 of 67
    Quote:

We Apple customers must be ignorant -- because smarter people like you spend the greater part of their days telling us we are...

And we never catch on -- we just keep on, keepin' on buying those products that dissatisfy us and waste our time.

What's your excuse?
  • Reply 54 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

What you didn't get the memo? Aren't you one of "Apple's customers"? Or are you just hanging around these forums because you're not but you love Apple?

He's extremely dissatisfied but he supposedly continues to buy Apple products... wait! what?!... wouldn't that make him... ignorant.
  • Reply 55 of 67
    xicexice Posts: 18member
    Just upgraded from iPhone 4 32GB to iPhone 4S 64GB..

My iPhone 4 became a vibrator on Oct 4th.. (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=950117). It was out of warranty and no way of rebooting it..

Perhaps it was trying to tell me something..

Anyway, I took it as a sign for me to upgrade.
  • Reply 56 of 67
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    The statistics are meaningless for several reasons. First, out of the 1, 300 smartphone users, how many are blackberry users, Android users, 3GS users, and iPhone 4 users?

If 4 out of 1, 300 users are iPhone 4 users, and two of these users will switch, you can accurately say 50 percent of iPhone 4 users users plan to switch. Yet, if I told you I asked four iPhone 4 users if they'd switch to the iPhone 4S and two said yes, you'd should say the statistic is not useful. We do not know if the sample accurately represents the market division among manufactures.

Second, not one of these people have actually used the iPhone 4S. By all accounts, Siri is pretty impressive.

Third, was there a time frame attached to the purchase decision. If you asked my brother does he plan to buy one, he'd say no because it is too expensive to break his contract. If you asked him, does he want one, he'd say yes. Six months from now, his answer would be different.
  • Reply 57 of 67
  • Reply 58 of 67
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:

Give it another 6-8 weeks. As more Android phones start using 4.5" 720P displays the iPhone is going to look less attractive.

Until they pick it up, that is. Then they discover it's larger, heavier, not as easily held in one hand, not as easy to type on with one humb, doesn't fit into your pocket...

Bigger isn't always better. And for a phone, doubly so. The greatest feature of the iPhone for me is I can put it in my pocket - no need for an ugly holster or case. And I'm hardly alone.

People aren't going to switch for a larger screen any more than they picked the smaller android tablets because the iPad was "too big"

If you think one or two specs are going to sway momentum, you haven't been paying attention much \

Edit: damn iOS 5 Safari on the iPad is FAST!
  • Reply 59 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

The numbers are bad, Apple needs to figure out away to attract more buyers to the iPhone before it is too late. There will always be some diehard fanatics, but I find it hard to believe that the majority of Android or Blackberry users are biased.

Do you see those numbers? That`s 44%+42% of two iPhone generations, many of them still under contract
  • Reply 60 of 67
    The media which had over dramatized the release of an iPhone 5, rumors so sure even MacUser had an article that it will be released. It goes to show that we can't believe what we read. It's because so many got it wrong now they are disappointed since they can't write how accurate their rumors were...funny how there was evidence of 4S all along and the media pushed it aside because they wanted to believe its time for a new iPhone design... I am not surprised of this finding. All my friends who have iPhone 4 want to upgrade...