More users say they'll likely buy iPhone 4S than can find fault in it

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xice View Post

Just upgraded from iPhone 4 32GB to iPhone 4S 64GB..

My iPhone 4 became a vibrator on Oct 4th.. (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=950117). It was out of warranty and no way of rebooting it..

Perhaps it was trying to tell me something..

Anyway, I took it as a sign for me to upgrade.

But your post is from Jun 24, 2010. Anyhoo, how long were you without an iPhone? Or did you still have an older model collecting dust? (like me)
  • Reply 62 of 67
    linkgx1linkgx1 Posts: 742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shen View Post

Or, since we have other studies about the % of each group that says they will stay with their current brand, we can view the numbers another way. Correctly.

Most iPhone owners, a huge majority, say they will only get another iPhone, yet half don't want the 4s. In other words they will keep what they have. More than half of android users say they will not get a new version of the same phone, but some see reason to change to iPhones. In other words iPhones owners fall into two camps, those keeping their current iPhone and those upgrading. Almost none of them are considering another phone. Android users however are planning on a new phone, and some of them are looking at iPhones. The rest we don't know about what type they are considering.

Apple has a near 100% retention rate, as studies show. Android users are bouncing from phone to phone till they find one they like. And the numbers suggest that what they will eventually like is an iPhone. So how is this bad news for Apple?

Oh that is right, the bad news post was by a known troll...

As an Android user, coming from the Galaxy S....I found myself using several different phones (Android). Totally different exprience across the board. I personally like Samsung's the best....solid (OS updates/GPS issues are another thing). I absolutely LOATHE HTC phones.

If I weren't going to Apple for the 4S, I would stick with Samsung.

The bigger question would be how many of ANY BRAND (Do HTC users get another HTC phone?) stick with that brand.

Android users typically bounce because there's way too many features given the same OS on diffrent devices. Oh, but THEESE phones support Netflix. But these OTHER phones support 3D.

Issue with the Android OS is that there is way too much variety (which, many infact, be the basis for it's current success....ironically). Apple has a tight reign, but ensures the same experience for everyone. It's kind of lie being married vs whoring out.
  • Reply 63 of 67
    linkgx1linkgx1 Posts: 742member
    To be fair, Apple provides a user experience that's almost guaranteed. It's harder to find fault if you get good customer service. Most people don't want to get out of the unfamiliar.....especially with companies they don't know.

Just like how Samsung is the king of TVs and most people that buy high end....get Samsung. Just depends on the industry.
  • Reply 64 of 67
    xicexice Posts: 18member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

But your post is from Jun 24, 2010. Anyhoo, how long were you without an iPhone? Or did you still have an older model collecting dust? (like me)

I didn't last long at all without an iPhone. I 'borrowed' the company's iPhone used for testing purposes for my personal use till I got the 4S. (Shh..)

The older models I had weren't available (3G sold off and 3GS passed on to another family member) - Meh
  • Reply 65 of 67
    I've had a Palm Centro (first smartphone), Samsung Vibrant, EVO 4G and Shift/ myTouch 3G, Blackberry 88900 and lastly a Nexus S. The most solid experience for me was the Blackberry Curve. My overall favorite was the Vibrant.

I kind of miss keyboards...
  • Reply 66 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by linkgx1 View Post

I've had a Palm Centro (first smartphone), Samsung Vibrant, EVO 4G and Shift/ myTouch 3G, Blackberry 88900 and lastly a Nexus S. The most solid experience for me was the Blackberry Curve. My overall favorite was the Vibrant.

I kind of miss keyboards...

...behold a horse pail...

• Reply 67 of 67
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dragan0405 View Post

Did you see those numbers? That`s 44%+42% of two iPhone generations, many of them still under contract

Actually, it's not.

42% of iPhone 4 users plan to upgrade. 44% of iPhone 3g and 3gs users plan to upgrade. That's an average of 43% of all users who plan to upgrade (if the number in each category is the same).

Of course, the numbers are fairly meaningless. Before the iPhone 4 was released, the overwhelming majority of iPhone 4 users said that they wouldn't upgrade to a 4S, but would do so if it was an iPhone 5 (which is a pretty stupid thing to say without knowing what each option entailed). Now that the phone is out, almost half of iPhone 4 users plan to upgrade. Frankly, I don't believe EITHER set of information. These "plan to upgrade" surveys have always been meaningless. It's far more important that Apple is selling record numbers of phones.