Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Ahhh.....

Like this:

Liar, we all know this is the real Windows Wizard

• Reply 24 of 63
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ALR26 View Post

Who want's to wait in a line for a droid? Far more iPhones are actived in one day than droid has in several days after a new release.

I'd rather wait in line like a droid than wait in line for a Droid.

Actually, TTTT, waiting in a line to buy a new telephone seems, well, kind of strange to me. Unless you are in a Soviet-style era of shortages or something. Concert tickets? The good seats sell out fast. But for something a lot like what you already got and that is being produced in unlimited numbers?

Just saying.
  • Reply 25 of 63
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SailorPaul View Post

Only then do I plan to activate the new 4S. Mixing "activation" and "data migration" feels like too much as one step with this level of connectivity errors/timeouts.

Don't worry. It really should just work. I'd do them both.
  • Reply 26 of 63
    shenshen Posts: 434member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jj.yuan View Post

Don't remember any news about AT&T server delay for a major Android phone release. Have I missed something?

On android release weeks it is the customer service people who do returns that are overwhelmed.
  • Reply 27 of 63
    I spoke with AT&T. Surprisingly enough it's NOT AT&T this time. They transfered me to Apple and they admitted that their serveres were down. Solution: Wait.....\

Best luck!
  • Reply 28 of 63
    I just tried that like 5 minutes ago and it wouldn't work for me.
  • Reply 29 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJPeak View Post

I spoke with AT&T. Surprisingly enough it's NOT AT&T this time. They transfered me to Apple and they admitted that their serveres were down. Solution: Wait.....\

Best luck!

If that's the case, then Eddy Cue in heap big trouble... You Betchum, Red Rider!
  • Reply 30 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

I'd rather wait in line like a droid than wait in line for a Droid.

Actually, TTTT, waiting in a line to buy a new telephone seems, well, kind of strange to me. Unless you are in a Soviet-style era of shortages or something. Concert tickets? The good seats sell out fast. But for something a lot like what you already got and that is being produced in unlimited numbers?

Just saying.

Agreed, Droids are not worth waiting in line for.
  • Reply 31 of 63
    eh270eh270 Posts: 60member
    Quote:

If that's the case, then Eddy Cue in heap big trouble... You Betchum, Red Rider!

Makes no sense that Apple's servers are at fault unless each carrier has a separate lot of servers. Sprint and Verizon customers aren't having any problems, as far as I have heard.

It's got to be AT&T.
  • Reply 32 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJPeak View Post

Best luck!

Seems unusual. The hangup is in the AT&T activation.

If anything were to go down in this process I would expect it to be on AT&T's end.

Indeed, that's been the case since the iPhone came out.

Note: if it was Apple, there's a good chance this problem would impact iPhones for all carriers.
  • Reply 33 of 63
    Went to

http://wireless.att.com/activations

entered info and it told me I had to activate through iTunes ant back to iTunes ant through the process and it activated.

prior to this had tried about 15 times both wireless and through iTunes w/ no success

Seems most likely coincidental but might be worth a try if you are jammed up.

Whats with the Att/iTunes error message ?

Essentially it says wait for our email to confirm activation and then it continues-- try again later.

it either one or the other.
  • Reply 34 of 63
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:

Ya' know...

How much of a technology breakthrough would it take for Apple and the carriers to develop a "pre-authorized" system...

)

That's not the problem.

This is in the system that matches the device to that authorization

it's like on Wednesday when folks were saying their iPhone 4 etc was 'bricked' by trying to update to iOS 5. they got through the download and update fine. but the software has to call out to a server that validates the install and flips the last switch on and that server was so overloaded with requests that it took a coffee break on many folks.
  • Reply 35 of 63
    I've had the same activation problems as most, but made the mistake of calling AT&T whereupon the representative promptly screwed up the other phone on the account that was working. Then they said the problem with both phones was with the SIM cards and sent me to the local AT&T store for new SIM cards. Of course the woman at the store was an even bigger idiot than the one on the phone.

Lesson learned: Just leave it alone and wait because those idiots at AT&T can screw you up so much worse than you already are.
  • Reply 36 of 63
    AT&T says it's not AT&T and there's no problems reported on Sprint or Verizon. So, they are either full of it or it bears further explanation.

Anyway, let me be the 5000th person to say this: this is one of the reasons I switched to Verizon. Oh, that, and like my calls are actually intelligible.
  • Reply 37 of 63
    The activation is done by the carrier. AT&T must be overloaded. It makes little financial sense for AT&T to build out a massive infrastructure necessary to handle these types of spikes. User requests will eventually be serviced and people will complaints will be forgotten (until the next big release)...
  • Reply 38 of 63
    bagmanbagman Posts: 349member
    Quote:

'course, that would be the logical way to handle it...

There you go again talkin' logic again (with apologies to the Gipper).

Don't let it happen again - ya HEAR ?
  • Reply 39 of 63
    bagmanbagman Posts: 349member
    Quote:

Ahhh.....

Like this:

Hey - where's BOB to help us out (how long did "Bob" stick around at Microsoft? That was the first thing I always did when updating my PC's, to get rid of the stupid paperclip thingie.
  • Reply 40 of 63
    The "Wait for email" is bull crap... no one who was eager enough to order a phone at 3am during the week is gonna sit back and wait for an AT&T email...

were gonna continuously try over and over to authenticate, and in the end increase the server load even more.