Apple releases iOS 5.0.1 with improved iPhone battery life

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 127
    my battery life is significantly worse since installing ios 5.0.1

I have the 4S, 32 gig and initially had battery drain issue, daining around 10% an hour on standby. I switched off most of the location based services, most of the notifications, siwthced off all the system services, switched off wifi ad bluetooth and just kept the basic functions and it worked great! was going down 1-2% an our on standy and last me the entire day with light use.

I thought the 5.0.1 would further improve battery life but since dowloading it, im draining at around 5-7% an hour on standy and quicker when i use the phone.

It is a lot worse now cuz there is nothing else i can swtich off (apart from the effing phone itself!)

So no, not only 5.0.1 didnt help, it has made it significantly worse.

Any ways i can revert it back to 5.0?
  • Reply 122 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by guile99 View Post

I have the 4S, 32 gig and initially had battery drain issue, daining around 10% an hour on standby. I switched off most of the location based services, most of the notifications, siwthced off all the system services, switched off wifi ad bluetooth and just kept the basic functions and it worked great! was going down 1-2% an our on standy and last me the entire day with light use.

Take it back. Even that is not acceptable. Why should you have to switch off most of the phone's key features to get acceptable battery life?
  • Reply 123 of 127
    yeah i will take it back. this is my second one back now. gonna change to a samsung galaxy... really had enough.

battery drain at 10% in 25 minutes of checking overnight sms and email... with all notifications/ GPS stuff etcetc swtiched off...

ridiculous. piece of crap phone!
  • Reply 124 of 127
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

yeah i will take it back. this is my second one back now. gonna change to a samsung galaxy... really had enough.

battery drain at 10% in 25 minutes of checking overnight sms and email... with all notifications/ GPS stuff etcetc swtiched off...

ALL CE HAS A CHANCE OF HAVING SOME HW AND/OR SW ISSUE THAT AFFECT ITS USABILITY. If you think Samsung or Android will have better overall quality you'd be mistaken. At least with some companies it's easy to get a replacement without a hassle or the the vendor claiming it's the OS vendor's fault and the OS vendor claiming it's the HW vendor's fault (something still common with Windows PCs).

Good luck with your Samsung Galaxy. I seriously mean that… good luck!
  • Reply 125 of 127
    Quote:

gonna change to a samsung galaxy...

Oh, good. Now you don't have to come back here after owning it for a week to post about your experiences.
  • Reply 126 of 127
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Oh, good. Now you don't have to come back here after owning it for a week to post about your experiences.

There's always a silver lining.
  • Reply 127 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

that's what the forum is for.