Adobe manager puts partial blame on Apple for mobile Flash failure

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 127
    swiftswift Posts: 436member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SSquirrel View Post

"Just to be very clear on this," he added. "No matter what we did, the Flash Player was not going to be available on Apple?s iOS anytime in the foreseeable future."

You mean, "Since we weren't going to fix the huge power draining, security and crash issues of Flash, it wouldn't be on iOS". Steve had said in the open letter that Flash was not performing to their expectations and there was not a full version of mobile Flash for so long. They can try and deflect this to Apple but people know better

He sure has the nerve to speak like that when they just had to give the plug-in a monster of an update, with a dozen serious exploits on the plug-in they were bragging about before.

Yet another reason why I have Skyfire, to see the videos in Flash if I must. Let the website decode them and stream H.264 to me.
  • Reply 122 of 127

The ubiquitous use of "ubiquity" in this article

Must have reached new levels of ubiquitousness

It was "everywhere"

• Reply 123 of 127
    So I would guess that by acknowledging the change that has happened in the landscape, saying "foreseeable future" and putting more resources toward HTML 5 Development, Adobe has begun their transition period.
  • Reply 124 of 127
    There is nothing like blaming someone else for your own lack of insight or mistake(s).
  • Reply 125 of 127
    I think blaming Apple is not taking resposiblity. The fact is that you need to update Flash Player way too much. It's not really a standard, and isn't made for mobile web. When I finally got the 2.2 update on my phone, it's been terrible. Not every website works with flash and half of the time I get redirected to mobile. They need a TRUE mobile Flash version rather than making the phones/apps use the regular version. Too much of a mess.
  • Reply 126 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minicapt View Post

Check with DED for a useful summery of the Apple vs Adobe 'dispute:

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2010/0...dobe-vs-apple/

Cheers

That article still cracks me up, a must read!

"And Adobe saw four horsemen of the apocalypse ascending from the sea, the the rider of the white horse was Steve Jobs and he was bent on conquest. And a second horse, red, was given to iPhone to take away market share from smartphones, and to cause phone makers to wage war and to fall upon their own swords. And a third horse, black, was carrying the scales of the iPod touch, and it measured out music playback from iTunes and sold many apps and starved other mobile platforms of mobile application demand. And fourth horse, pale, had a rider named iPad, which pundits called Death. And it caused famine for tablets and plague for slates and killed with a sword. And none of the horsemen used Flash."
  • Reply 127 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

That article still cracks me up, a must read!

"And Adobe saw four horsemen of the apocalypse ascending from the sea, the the rider of the white horse was Steve Jobs and he was bent on conquest. And a second horse, red, was given to iPhone to take away market share from smartphones, and to cause phone makers to wage war and to fall upon their own swords. And a third horse, black, was carrying the scales of the iPod touch, and it measured out music playback from iTunes and sold many apps and starved other mobile platforms of mobile application demand. And fourth horse, pale, had a rider named iPad, which pundits called Death. And it caused famine for tablets and plague for slates and killed with a sword. And none of the horsemen used Flash."

...behold a horse pail!