Originally Posted by bunnyturd View Post

"very expensive"

Do you mean "very extensive"?

or perhaps "very expansive"?

Or money hogish.
  • Reply 42 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by linkgx1 View Post

Mine CLEARLY says 5.0.1. Not sure where you're getting that...

Except, you went back and edited it...

Your original is:

Quote:

I updated by mom's to 5.1 and now she's pissed. She's like, my batter life was perfect before! But mine wasn't. Get it together Apple!

as quoted by others and myself -- who did not edit their posts.

highlighted:

Quote:

I updated by mom's to 5.1 and now she's pissed. She's like, my batter life was perfect before! But mine wasn't. Get it together Apple!

You're giving trolling a bad name...
  • Reply 43 of 97
    Told you guys the update would keep your % bar up a little longer.

"BUT MY PHONE SAID 40%AND IT TURNED OFF!"
  • Reply 44 of 97
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:

Corrected.

Hey, no fair, you're putting words in my comment. Have you had pizza in NY or Chicago? Where about in St. Louis?
  • Reply 45 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Except, you went back and edited it...

Your original is:

as quoted by others and myself -- who did not edit their posts.

highlighted:

You're giving trolling a bad name...

Lol, for one I was only joking.

Apparenlty you don't know what trolling is. I meant 5.0.1 as I just realized that there would be a 5.1. Seriously, unless Apple's giving you $15 million in stock, take a chill pill.

I didn't know missing a few numbers and dots was trolling. Grow up.
  • Reply 46 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rob55 View Post

Hey, no fair, you're putting words in my comment. Have you had pizza in NY or Chicago? Where about in St. Louis?

Lolz. Chicago's decent. St. Louis style...IMO's. (To be honest though, I don't see why people like STL-style. I'm Seattle-naitive but since I'm here I gotta support 'em).

Chicago's so close to STL. I just might take an Amtrack up there this weekend.
  • Reply 47 of 97
    Quote:

Apparently some people need a life....

linkgx1

Send Message User Lists

Last Activity: Today 11:37 AM

Current Activity: Replying to Thread Apple rumored to issue iOS 5.0.2 for battery woes, iOS 5.1 with Siri additions

StatisticsFriendsContact Info

Total Posts

Total Posts: 374

Posts Per Day: 9.58

Find all posts by linkgx1

Find all threads started by linkgx1

General Information

Current Activity: Replying to Thread Apple rumored to issue iOS 5.0.2 for battery woes, iOS 5.1 with Siri additions

• Reply 48 of 97
    "40 hours of standby with 10 hours of active use"

Wow....I gotta see, hear, feeeeeel thhis..!
  • Reply 49 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mr_cazorp View Post

The 4S specs page touts standby time of "up to 200 hours". So Apple's internal goal is to reduce standby time by 160 hours?

"up to 200 hours" is a theoretical maximum and you can bet will only ever be acheived with damn near everything turned off and the phone essentially sat in a drawer somewhere, so it isn't really a typical usage scenario...

I would guess that the 40 hours they are aiming for is with things like wifi and siri etc all turned on, so giving 40 hours of standby under actual real world conditions...
  • Reply 50 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

linkgx1

Send Message User Lists

StatisticsFriendsContact Info

Total Posts

Total Posts: 374

Posts Per Day: 9.58

Find all posts by linkgx1

Find all threads started by linkgx1

General Information

That's the third you did that. Again, not adding anything to the discussion really.
  • Reply 51 of 97
    tsatsa Posts: 129member
    Ehm. If 5.0.2 is for both the 4 and 4S, and 5.1 is for the 4S only, does that mean 5.0.2 is the last major update we iPhone 4 owners get? I mean, I just bought the thing three weeks ago.
  • Reply 52 of 97
    Quote:

That's the third you did that. Again, not adding anything to the discussion really.

No, it just makes his point and invalidates your knee-jerk reaction to his original response.

'Course I'm the one who 'started' this, so who am I to talk?

Hope he doesn't do me next.

*Cue Rodney Dangerfield-eseque pulling of the collar as I look at my average daily post count*

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tsa View Post

Ehm. If 5.0.2 is for both the 4 and 4S, and 5.1 is for the 4S only, does that mean 5.0.2 is the last major update we iPhone 4 owners get? I mean, I just bought the thing three weeks ago.

What? Where do you get "5.1 is for the 4S only"? That's nonsense. iPhone 4 owners will get iOS 6 even; don't worry about it.
  • Reply 53 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

What? Where do you get "5.1 is for the 4S only"? That's nonsense. iPhone 4 owners will get iOS 6 even; don't worry about it.

Oh yes, I misread. I was a bit worried there. Thanks!
  • Reply 54 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Why would work on Siri be any more expensive than any other feature of iOS?

Maybe expensive in terms of time to develop for ? which would make the reference to a release date make sense.

"Expensive" as in cost doesn't seem like it would impact a release date, would it?
  • Reply 55 of 97
    Some times siri needs a good slappin', but she told me she doesn't have a body to slap.
  • Reply 56 of 97
    Quote:

Some times siri needs a good slappin', but she told me she doesn't have a body to slap.

Ehm, that's wrong, you know. I'm glad I'm not your GF \.
  • Reply 57 of 97
    I agree I wish siri had more functionality, I asked it to look for apps in the app store, and didnt know what that is. it would be nice to at least be wired into all things apple. also it couldnt find disneyland? I use it mostly for driving or getting ready in the morning.
  • Reply 58 of 97
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tkrunner1738 View Post

I agree I wish siri had more functionality, I asked it to look for apps in the app store, and didnt know what that is. it would be nice to at least be wired into all things apple. also it couldnt find disneyland? I use it mostly for driving or getting ready in the morning.

Siri is designed to plug in "providers" on the backend through their API so as it continues to grow it's going to be important for applications that want to provide the best Siri response to have their own custom API link in.

I suspect that we may see an open API for Siri next WWDC and then all He Double Hockey Sticks will break out because then Siri will suddenly go all Mensa on us with her knowledge about various things.

The Big Bang will be once Siri can be used to purchase products. I'm betting that the Apple Store will be the first place that you can complete a sale with merely your voice.
  • Reply 59 of 97
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by airnerd View Post

Make Siri able to interact with apps, like ESPN. I want to be able to ask Siri what the score of a game is, and if ESPN is loaded and running in the background she can tell me.

Yes please. I was frankly surprised when she/it couldn't answer questions like "Who won the Super Bowl?" or "What's the score of the Rangers game?" Seems like a no brainer for the next round of expanded functionality. I take it that Jobs wasn't a sports fan.
  • Reply 60 of 97
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

Hoping Apple add the option to disable 3G on the iPhone 4S so I can use the fucking thing on O2 who's 3G service pretends to be there but no cunt can fucking get through to you, the bastards.

/rant

That may not be possible. Note the inability to turn off '3G' came with MDM66x0 baseband chip, starting with the Verizon iPhone, not with iOS 5.0 as the 3GS and iPhone 4 still have the option under Settings => General => Network. IOW, this might be an issue with the capabilities with the baseband itself. I do hope that by the time '4G'/LTE is available we will get the option to leave it disabled.