Apple promotes The Beatles with ad, free iBook; Samsung again mocks iPhone users

Comments

• Reply 81 of 131
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

Plenty enough to profitably support a gigantic national TV advertisement campaign.

Most people laugh at Apple fans.

Somehow, considering the amount of time you spend posting on a forum of a product that you hate, I strongly suspect you don't get out much and probably don't know 'most people'...
  • Reply 82 of 131
    A funny thing happened the other day at Best Buy. I was looking at 60+ inch TV's, as I am considering replacing an older one in our Rec Room/Theater. I looked at a Samsung, then a Sharp, and an LG I believe. Just because of stuff like this, I lean more to the NON Samsung TV's. And, there is NO freakin way I would wait in a line outside an Apple store. (I would try to buy it online instead)
  • Reply 83 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

They should be mocked, ridiculed and their pathetic OS should be treated like the garbage that it is.

I think it would be more appropriate to mock or ridicule the Android OS rather than the people who buy it. Remember the Mac/PC ads? PC users were NOT mocked. Samsung it attacking iPhone users directly and this shows Samsung's lack of moral centred values.
  • Reply 84 of 131
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rkevwill View Post

A funny thing happened the other day at Best Buy. I was looking at 60+ inch TV's, as I am considering replacing an older one in our Rec Room/Theater. I looked at a Samsung, then a Sharp, and an LG I believe. Just because of stuff like this, I lean more to the NON Samsung TV's. And, there is NO freakin way I would wait in a line outside an Apple store. (I would try to buy it online instead)

Good on you!

I highly recommend everybody re-evaluate any future Samsung purchases.

Feel free to mention it here, other forums, and everywhere else.

And if you happen to be a barista that has Samsung employees in your shop on a regular basis, you know what to do...
  • Reply 85 of 131
    radarradar Posts: 271member
    Quote:

No, you should get a Samsung because if you want the iPhone you will be similar to a pack of ignorant weirdos.

Hold on. On the one hand you said that "Apple is as mainstream as it gets" but on the other hand you say Apple users are "weirdos". Make up your mind, are we mainstream or weirdos or mainstream weirdos? Either way, we're not users of cheap imitation Korean junk.
  • Reply 86 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ElectroTech View Post

I think it would be more appropriate to mock or ridicule the Android OS rather than the people who buy it. Remember the Mac/PC ads? PC users were NOT mocked. Samsung it attacking iPhone users directly and this shows Samsung's lack of moral centred values.

I'll definitely wait in line for the next big Apple release (not for days, but for five or six hours no problem). Those things have a party atmosphere and sometimes the managers even supply you with free coffee and food. The last one was a great laugh. Well worth the wait and I met some cool people. The iPhone 5 release should be a good one. So hurry up Apple!
  • Reply 87 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Somehow, considering the amount of time you spend posting on a forum of a product that you hate, I strongly suspect you don't get out much and probably don't know 'most people'...

I agree with this logic. There has to be something wrong with a person who burns calories fighting anything they profess to not care about. I'm not a New York Yankees fan, but I'm not going to a Yankees forum and trash talking the Yankees and their fans. That seems entirely counterproductive to me. If you don't like something, fine, but don't spend precious minutes of your life railing against something. Find something you like and support it.

This is an Apple site, people come here because they like Apple and want to know what's going on in the Apple world. The incessant rants of the anti-Apple that come here aren't going to win anyone over.
  • Reply 88 of 131
    Quote:

Exactly. Apple's ads mocked the products, not the customers. HUGE difference there. Samsung's ads are condescending to customers, at the very least.
  • Reply 89 of 131
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:

And if you happen to be a barista that has Samsung employees in your shop on a regular basis, you know what to do...

Yeah... Show them how creative you can be.
  • Reply 90 of 131
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

I did point out in a later post in this thread that Apple never did mock any users in any of their ads.

I agree that Apple shouldn't mock any users in their ads, but luckily there are people like me around, and even though certain Apple fans might object to my tactics, I have no problems with viciously mocking and ridiculing those users, and I suppose that I will continue to do so. I am not a pubic corporation and I don't have to live by the same standards and moral code that they might have to, and I don't have to worry about my bottom line or any loss of profits.
  • Reply 91 of 131
    You got the big part right, most of my friends that have them say that the screen is way to wide and it feels weird in your hand! I have played with a few of the phones and I can personally say that Apple simply runs smoother ! No one can beat it I don't care what Samsung puts on their commercials !
  • Reply 92 of 131
    Samsung?Making Great Ideas Worse.
  • Reply 93 of 131
    It is obvious from their duplicate home screen, icons, functionality to swipe between home screens, their rip-off method to tell which home screen you're on, the fact that they HAVE a home screen just like the iPhone, and the placement being the same on pretty much everything -- Samsung lacks creativity on pretty much every level. However, I am somewhat glad that they are targeting Apple. As much as I love Apple, they have often had a tendency to put their customers into a box with limited options and features (ie. the refusal to have a two button mouse, or remember the hockey-puck mouse?; the refusal to standardize ports; the strange behaviors of expose and spaces in Lion.

Assuming Samsung doesn't just totally get shot down in these lawsuits (which I really wouldn't be opposed to either; rip-off companies deserve to be shot down) I would very much enjoy seeing Samsung actually come up with a few things that give their customers MORE freedom, and then watch Apple try to up their game.
  • Reply 94 of 131
    Quote:

Tell them that you cannot use a Samsung phone because you are "a creative"?

• Reply 95 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Radar View Post

Hold on. On the one hand you said that "Apple is as mainstream as it gets" but on the other hand you say Apple users are "weirdos". Make up your mind, are we mainstream or weirdos or mainstream weirdos? Either way, we're not users of cheap imitation Korean junk.

Read for context. I was paraphrasing the message of the Samsung advertisement.
  • Reply 96 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I did point out in a later post in this thread that Apple never did mock any users in any of their ads.

:

Guess you've never seen this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYP1Tjgt1Ao
  • Reply 97 of 131
    Quote:

Tell them that you cannot use a Samsung phone because you are "a creative"?

I think something trying to be funny got lost in your English grammar.
  • Reply 98 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MuncyWeb View Post

I would very much enjoy seeing Samsung actually come up with a few things that give their customers MORE freedom, and then watch Apple try to up their game.

It is happening already. Check out he Samsung Galaxy Nexus. No cellphone surpasses its degree of freedom.

• Reply 99 of 131
    Quote:

Read for context. I was paraphrasing the message of the Samsung advertisement.

You're assuming that people here like myself have actually watched the Samsung advertisement. Why would I bother? How's that for context?
  • Reply 100 of 131
    Quote:

It is happening already. Check out he Samsung Galaxy Nexus. No cellphone surpasses its degree of freedom.

Dude is clearly a Samsung Forum Lurk.

Didn't you ever hear of not preaching to the converted KimcheeJoe? You're in the wrong church fella, the Moonies are back in Korea.