Samsung says Apple lawsuits have put its Galaxy Tab on the map

Comments

• Reply 41 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neo42 View Post

In one case we have a serial killer cannibal. In the other we have one company just trying to do business and exploiting the attacks of its competitor. Your analogy is totally appropriate, classy and accurate.

In one case we have a serial numbered so-called iPad killers trying to cannibalize its own sales by releasing multiple 10.1 Tabs. (see what I did there?)
  • Reply 42 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

On the Samsung Aussie ad, MacRumors comment is probably pretty accurate IMHO on what Samsung is trying to portray with it, saying "Samsung is seeking to tie its advertising to the lawsuit and portray the tablet device as so significant a threat that Apple felt the need to prevent it from going on sale."

For some reason, when I hear this tag line, the image of a little child (samesung) thumbing his/her nose at a kid saying, "na, na, you can't stop me" comes to mind.

I would love to see Samesung just try a more mature marketing strategy whereby they emphasize features and benefits of their their products as opposed to:

1) making fun of Apple customers who are enthusiastic enough to wait in line (hell, I waited in line in the numerous times see the latest blockbuster movies, what's your point?)

2) using a lawsuit that Apple threw at them because they felt their IP was being infringed on?

That's all you got Sammy? They must not have too much faith in their products if they can't even tell us what they can do for us and why we should buy them.

Fuck Sammy.
  • Reply 43 of 135
    If the GT is such a great product why are there so many companies giving them away as an incentive to buy another product?

I guess it looks better than having to sell them at $199 in a fire sale.
  • Reply 44 of 135
    Samesung was the number 2 tablet vendor last quarter. They sold a whopping 1 million unit WORLDWIDE. HP was 3rd selling 900,000. This quarter Samesung will drop 2 spots to lose out to the Fire and Prime. Don't think Apple is to worried about Samesung.
  • Reply 45 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Really?! You're going with that?

You're telling me that Apple couldn't produce a 4" phone that is elegant and without a bulky feeling?

Really?

Exactly, I'm not upgrading till I see if Apple is going to bring a bigger screen, the current screen is way too small. Android phones with larger screens are not bigger, Apple just has way too much of a black border.
  • Reply 46 of 135
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    'The Tablet Apple Tried to Stop' = good marketing imo. They should have kept it to that. Whether the perception is that Apple tried to stop it because it was a blatant rip-off, or as is implied - 'Its so good Apple got scared and tried to stop you from getting your hands on one... ' Samsung stands to gain. They should have made the Ad look like an Apple ad, however. You know, tasteful.
  • Reply 47 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by timgriff84 View Post

I've looked at one of these in a shop and I still don't get where the argument that they copied the iPad comes from. Even when there turned off they look completely different, but whenever you see them there turned on and then they look nothing like each other.

Sadly for Samsung though when there turned on the Android UI just looks awful.

I saw the iPad2 and Galaxy Tab 10.1 both standing portrait next to each other in a shop. I own an iPad2 and even I had to double take the two tabs when I walked passed them. The last person who used the Galaxy Tab left it on the icon grid and when I turned both screens on it just made me laugh.

They are not identical, but from the front the Galaxy Tab is just a slightly taller iPad.
  • Reply 48 of 135
    What a joke Samsung has become
  • Reply 49 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

On the phone side, I dont know there phone sales numbers but I sure see lots of people buying samsung phones here in Montreal. I wouldn't be suprise if they are the biggest android phone seller.

IIRC, Samsung and HTC are usually the top in various markets. In some, they outsell Apple.
  • Reply 50 of 135
    So many sour grapes in this thread. Companies do these stunts all the time, including Apple (Mac/Windows comparisons for one). Good on Samsung for capitalizing on their Australian legal drama.
  • Reply 51 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Mock Turtleneck View Post

So many sour grapes in this thread. Companies do these stunts all the time, including Apple (Mac/Windows comparisons for one). Good on Samsung for capitalizing on their Australian legal drama.

I think they would be better served explaining why consumers should buy it. Tell us what's unique about your device, i.e., does it sync wirelessly with my Mac or does it have Airplay functionality? Since it has been accused of copying Apple, you'd think the answer would be yes.
  • Reply 52 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

The Galaxy Tab - "The tablet that nobody wants to buy"

The iPad - "The tablet Samsung HAD to copy!"

OR

"First our iPhone! Now our iPad!! REALLY Samsung?!!!

OR

photo of iPhone and date, Samsung and date, then photo of iPad and date and then Samsung and date.... Tagline... (in President Ronald Reagan's voice)...

"There you go again!"

/

/

/
  • Reply 53 of 135
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Please stop.

You don't seem to know what you are talking about and it's kind of embarrassing to read.

1) It captures video in "full HD" but the display is actually a lower resolution than the iPhone by far.

Samsung Nexus screen : 1280x720 on a 4.6" screen. 316ppi

Iphone 4S screen : 960x640 on a 3.5" screen. 330ppi

I am sorry but the samsung display is NOT of a lower resolution than the iphone "by far", they both have over 300ppi

And WTF are you to tell me to stop posting....

Both phones have there ups and downs, but people walk in, see a bigger phone with 4G LTE and this hurts iphone sales, like it or not.

• Reply 54 of 135
    Quote:

Samsung Nexus screen : 1280x720 on a 4.6" screen. 316ppi

Iphone 4S screen : 960x640 on a 3.5" screen. 330ppi

I am sorry but the samsung display is NOT of a lower resolution than the iphone "by far", they both have over 300ppi

And WTF are you to tell me to stop posting....

lol, nice edit.
  • Reply 55 of 135
    Quote:

Both phones have there ups and downs, but people walk in, see a bigger phone with 4G LTE and this hurts iphone sales, like it or not.

Did you happen to read what AT&T and Sprint said after the first weekend of selling the iPhone 4S? It's in direct contrast to what you're saying.
  • Reply 56 of 135
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

Did you happen to read what AT&T and Sprint said after the first weekend of selling the iPhone 4S? It's in direct contrast to what you're saying.

lol, of course there was lots of people buying the iphone 4s when it got out, I was one of them...
  • Reply 57 of 135
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member
    Hahhahahaah RESPECT SAMSUNG RESPECT.

lol
  • Reply 58 of 135
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Don't Rolex and Gucci try to stop cheap knockoffs of their products also?
  • Reply 59 of 135
    Someone please explain why we should not be worried about this:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...79R0B620111028

As an investor I read this and thought: "Crap, someone has figured out how to compete with Apple on the Android platform." Am I wrong?
  • Reply 60 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by scalpernt View Post

Someone please explain why we should not be worried about this:

Because it's from October, the month ending the quarter where millions of people were waiting for the 5th-gen iPhone that they all supposed would be released in July.

Quote:

Am I wrong?

Yes.