Apple viewed as unlikely to launch 7-inch iPad in 2012

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 93
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    iPod touch and iPhone 5 will go to 4" screens this summer AND ipad2 drops in price when iPad 3 comes out

apple is covered AND developers won't have to deal with the 7" constraints

i think apple will have a value option for people in which the price difference and the much better apple environment (compared to kindle) will negate much of the competition

and continue the momentum

i think an iPad 2 16 at $350 will rock

i see apple filling in the price points
  • Reply 82 of 93
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

iPod touch and iPhone 5 will go to 4" screens this summer AND ipad2 drops in price when iPad 3 comes out

apple is covered AND developers won't have to deal with the 7" constraints

i think apple will have a value option for people in which the price difference and the much better apple environment (compared to kindle) will negate much of the competition

and continue the momentum

i see apple filling in the price points

1) If Apple does release a larger iPhone I would expect a larger iPod Touch to come first. I would also expect the Touch in the Winter/Spring and the iPhone in the Autumn. I don't think both updated at the same time makes sense nor has that ever happened.

2) The problem with the $350 year old iPad is that the price drop seems to drastic. And are you saying the 16GB model and not all 18 SKUs? I think that makes it tougher for Apple to support these the way it does the iPhone.
  • Reply 83 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

iPod touch and iPhone 5 will go to 4" screens this summer

You can't possibly know that. Also, iPhone 6.

Quote:

AND ipad2 drops in price when iPad 3 comes out

This I buy.

Quote:

I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything less than $399. Apple doesn't have many prices that end in 49.
  • Reply 84 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything less than $399. Apple doesn't have many prices that end in 49.

Well, then apple can sell it for $299.
  • Reply 85 of 93
    I am actually quite surprised that apple does not have a 7inch tablet. They are basically losing a lot revenue for each day that goes buy. I am sure thousands of people would immediately buy a 7 inch lighter version of the Ipad. I sure would! I would actually own both the large 10inch version as well as the 7. I would use the 10 for playing games and watching movies in bed and around the house, also possibly for work at home.

I would use the 7inch for reading books in bed, on the train as well as for watching movies on the train. If apple had a 7inch tablet, I would actually leave my 10inch ipad at home and just move around with the 7inch in my bag around the city.

Well, until apple comes out with a 7inch ipad, I will stick to my trusty Agasio Dropad A8. The Dropad is an awesome 7inch tablet with a Cortex A8 Samsung processor and capactive screen. It is as snappy as the Ipad retails on Amazon for around $180. Great deal.

So Apple, please hurry up with the 7inch Ipad so my Apple stock can get a boost!!
  • Reply 86 of 93
    jlanddjlandd Posts: 873member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by adamrr View Post

Well, until apple comes out with a 7inch ipad, I will stick to my trusty Agasio Dropad A8. The Dropad is an awesome 7inch tablet with a Cortex A8 Samsung processor and capactive screen. It is as snappy as the Ipad retails on Amazon for around $180. Great deal.

Hahahaha. Registered just to leave that first ever post for the awful POS Agasio Dropad. Who has the pool whether the IP address is the Agasio office or the distributer's home?
  • Reply 87 of 93
    Quote:

So you're complaining about adding things for the sake of adding them but you're perfectly fine with changing things for the sake of changing them?

No I'm saying the way Apple makes its products is unique with the amount of effort that goes in to push boundaries, keep redeveloping until somethings perfect and come out with an amazing products. The iPod was amazing and they kept reinventing it each year. But with all there products they seem to reach a point where they just stop. I don't know if it's because the people at the top just loose interest of what but it does happen.

Changing things for the sake of changing them is actually changing them for the sake of improving them. Just adding features doesn't make things better. As in my example with iTunes, it originally was great because it was simple, now it's littered with crap like ping. Which makes me think the people that made it great were to busy making iPads great to stop the destruction of iTunes. Maybe those people now care more about making a tv than repeating an argument on why 7" iPads are a bad idea despite what reasearch says and someone will authorise one because some data says people want it.
  • Reply 88 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by adamrr View Post

I am actually quite surprised that apple does not have a 7inch tablet. They are basically losing a lot revenue for each day that goes buy. I am sure thousands of people would immediately buy a 7 inch lighter version of the Ipad. I sure would! I would actually own both the large 10inch version as well as the 7. I would use the 10 for playing games and watching movies in bed and around the house, also possibly for work at home.

I would use the 7inch for reading books in bed, on the train as well as for watching movies on the train. If apple had a 7inch tablet, I would actually leave my 10inch ipad at home and just move around with the 7inch in my bag around the city.

So Apple, please hurry up with the 7inch Ipad so my Apple stock can get a boost!!

Troll. Cut and pasted elsewhere.

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile...e-world-905504
  • Reply 89 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jlandd View Post

I do that, even. Is there anything particularly trollish about his post?
  • Reply 90 of 93
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Hmmmm... all this does is increase the likelihood of a 7 inch device appearing from Apple...

Put your money where you mouth is

I bet you $100 there will NOT be a 7" Ipad in first half of 2012. If you won't wager then stop opening your mouth!
  • Reply 91 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Paul94544 View Post

Put your money where you mouth is

I bet you $100 there will NOT be a 7" Ipad in first half of 2012. If you won't wager then stop opening your mouth!

? He's joking?
  • Reply 92 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jlandd View Post

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile...e-world-905504

Quote:

I do that, even. Is there anything particularly trollish about his post?

Yep. adamrr is Adam Ravat, owner of Agasio. Wasn't too hard to determine it.

(He was a very busy boy on the 24th, shilling for Agasio. At Target for one http://www.target.com/p/iBaby-Monito...3/-/A-13729369. Adam Ravat and Agasio are really this year's version of Jack Drogba and Espow, putting up fake posts in any forum they can in an effort to drum up interest in businesses that they own. I have zero opinion (or knowledge) of the quality of his products or business, but that he posts in this manner is a fact. Couldn't find a forum button for reporting as such, but would be worth banning the IP, IMO.)
  • Reply 93 of 93
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    the ipad 7+inch is for a car

number one complaint from ford customers is that MS mess they put in the dash of fords, crashing and just doing the MS shuffle

cars want to be associated with the success of the ipad, well

those big screens are for my future car purchase

ford and others need to turn from the dark side and get pads in the cars dash