iOS dominates mobile shopping with 92% of market

Comments

• Reply 21 of 93
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I can see it now... I'll park my butt on the sofa to watch the tube (sounds better than flat screen) and sensors in the couch will be activated... and Siri will speak from my iPad, "Hey lard ass, why don't you go for a walk instead. You've gained 2 pounds this month a your butt is a 1/2 inch wider."

Did you read about this?
  • Reply 22 of 93
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post

No surprise, really. iOS customers have money and do not mind spending it when they are presented with value. Android's best fans care more about the latest ROM site and trying to get their phones to do things their manufacturers should have done for them already. Most of us iOS people have...you know...spouses...significant others....kids...a job....things to do.

Posts like this show that you are truly a dedicated Apple Fan! They earn you respect.
  • Reply 23 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by henniman View Post

There goes Google? advertising hell of, but no one of their custumers buying anything. One might ask, what all these advertisers on Google advertise on ?!

Fandroids aren't spending maybe because they need to save their money for the next super duper Android flagship phone, which comes around every 4 weeks ? Some of these Fandroids may have their #6 phone in 2 years? "freedom of choice" = freedom to go after a new device every few weeks.

Besides, people with bad taste probably shop their crap around the corner, not online.

Insulting all the android buyers won't help with the discussion. Plus what you're talking about clearly is against the facts. Fact is, Google has already reported more than $1B revenue from mobile searches. Now what this article shows, to me at least, speaks more about the income level of people having iPad than anything else. The top 0.1% people mostly would be using iPad, and they (and their wives) would spend crazy amount using the iPad.
  • Reply 24 of 93
    Quote:

Just wait until Siri has the ability to diagnose your ailments. Just place a small sample on the screen and Siri will recite your health prognosis.

Yoy mean like this?

• Reply 25 of 93
    We are the 92%.
  • Reply 26 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drobforever View Post

Insulting all the android buyers won't help with the discussion. Plus what you're talking about clearly is against the facts. Fact is, Google has already reported more than $1B revenue from mobile searches.

Revenue from mobile searches is all mobile devices, not just Android. I think it's been shown the iPhone accounts a lot more AdMob revenue than Android-based devices. It seems Google is still very far in the hole with their Android investments.
  • Reply 27 of 93
    Quote:

I can see it now... I'll park my butt on the sofa to watch the tube (sounds better than flat screen) and sensors in the couch will be activated... and Siri will speak from my iPad, "Hey lard ass, why don't you go for a walk instead. You've gained 2 pounds this month a your butt is a 1/2 inch wider."

ROFLOL!

Siri: "P.S. And a Merry Christmas to you... and the horse you rode in on!"
  • Reply 28 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Did you read about this?

Now, if they could combine that with a roller massage thingie...
  • Reply 29 of 93
    Quote:

I don't think Siri will ever get a version number. Surely they have something internally but I think from a consumer standpoint it needs to be as human relatable as possible, which to me means no version numbering.

You're right... she will mature (from beta) and be presented to society as Siri'
  • Reply 30 of 93
    radjinradjin Posts: 165member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by henniman View Post

There goes Google? advertising hell of, but no one of their custumers buying anything. One might ask, what all these advertisers on Google advertise on ?!

Fandroids aren't spending maybe because they need to save their money for the next super duper Android flagship phone, which comes around every 4 weeks ? Some of these Fandroids may have their #6 phone in 2 years? "freedom of choice" = freedom to go after a new device every few weeks.

Besides, people with bad taste probably shop their crap around the corner, not online.

It's the only way to get a software update.
  • Reply 31 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

You're right... she will mature (from [adolescence]) and be presented to society as Siri'

I'm actually surprised Apple kept the Siri name and didn't create something original and unique for its debut. From a marketing standpoint it would set it apart from the company they bought. We already see trollodytes claiming that Apple did nothing to Siri except make it inaccessible to other older devices to force people to buy new iPhones.
  • Reply 32 of 93
    Quote:

You're right... she will mature (from beta) and be presented to society as Siri'

... and win Time Magazine's Person of the Year in 2013.
  • Reply 33 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by waldobushman View Post

Why is this a surprise. Android phones/tablets are priced cheaper and at a loss in some cases. Why is the fact that iPhone/iPad purchases spending more?

If Apple is not beating Android in numbers, then beating them in spending is the next best stat.

Exactly. The main reason Android handsets are popular.. is because they are cheap. Its a poor man's iPhone. The Buy1Get1Free offers, the 99cent offers, the straight out free phones just sign a contract. Thats not even talking about the 100's of Android phones priced well below $100.

Now thats not to Android isnt a great platform. It has matured much, and provides great competition to iOS. Flagship Android phones are now available with amazing features, big screens and 4G/LTE. But its competitive delivery system of a new flagship phone almost every week, guarantees even newly released phones get heavily discounted very quickly. And the majority of these flagship handsets are purchased when those heavy discounts get applied. Its the reason why its extremely rare to see someone standing in line for an Android product. Either they are waiting for it to come on sale, or they are waiting for what gets announced next week.. that tops it.

The average Android customer is a completely different consumer than the average Apple customer. Apple is all about paying a premium for quality over quantity. Android is all about lowest common denominator. It should come as no surprise, someone with an Apple product is more likely spend than someone with an Android product. If spending wasnt a factor to begin with (ie all phones were the exact same price) Apple would have way more loyal customers than it does now.
  • Reply 34 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Icaras View Post

So where is slapppy with the usual "market share > profit" comedy?

Since slappy is busy today, allow me.

1) This proves that iOS users are compulsive shoppers

2) iOS users are more likely to run up the credit card bills

3) Unlike the Fire, which allegedly has no controls to stop unintended shopping, iOS does, but it still doesn't stop iOS users from shopping like crazy anyway
  • Reply 35 of 93
    Quote:

Just wait until Siri has the ability to diagnose your ailments. Just place a small sample on the screen and Siri will recite your health prognosis.

So if the Doctor needs a urine sample, I have to urinate on the iPhone? Now there's a thought. Haven't seen that on youtube yet. Somebody needs to try it.

And if the Doctor needs a fecal sample, I have to s*** on the iPhone? Something new for fandroids to try.
  • Reply 36 of 93
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:

Ooh! A cotillion for Siri?
  • Reply 37 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Exactly. The main reason Android handsets are popular.. is because they are cheap. Its a poor man's iPhone.

If that's the main reason we should see Android drop off in the US over the next year now that they offer the 3GS free with contract on AT&T, and the $99 iPhone 4 on Sprint, Verizon, AT&T and some regional carriers.
  • Reply 38 of 93
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:

I'm actually surprised Apple kept the Siri name and didn't create something original and unique for its debut. From a marketing standpoint it would set it apart from the company they bought. We already see trollodytes claiming that Apple did nothing to Siri except make it inaccessible to other older devices to force people to buy new iPhones.

Really, though, how many people had even heard of Siri? I mean, normal people, not us.
  • Reply 39 of 93
    Considering that Apple products cost a considerable amount more than any other platforms it is a no brainer that Apple's figures are higher!
  • Reply 40 of 93
    Quote:

... and win Time Magazine's Person of the Year in 2013.

Ohhh... I like the way you think....

I wonder who will play Siri in the movie...