Jailbreakers hack iOS on Apple TV to run full-screen iPad apps

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 108
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Apple doesn't need to win market share to win financially. Also, Apple doesn't make the units. They get one of several contract manufacturers to do the job based on Apple's specifications.

it does need to win the market to win the platform war.
  • Reply 102 of 108
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Completely untrue. And while Apple has licensed things in the past, no way would they license anything complete like iOS.

they've licensed the mac os before.
  • Reply 103 of 108
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

they've licensed the mac os before.

Right, sorry, conditionals?

That was pre-Jobs' return. You can barely even call that Apple anymore. The business model then and now are as different as night and day.
  • Reply 104 of 108
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

it does need to win the market to win the platform war.

Not really. It just needs a decent % of market with a hefty % of profit (for itself and any developers and content providers it brings into the fold). Look at the iPhone. Apple said it would be happy to capture just 1% of total handsets made. Android as a platform outpaces iOS BUT nearly all major apps debut on iOS first despite this.
  • Reply 105 of 108
    negafoxnegafox Posts: 480member
    Quote:

Is that really known, or is that just reading into the situation? I haven't seen anything that was supposed to be the real story. I think it's at least as likely that they planned it all along, but they weren't ready. After all, it was a brand-new platform, it may have been an extension of what they have already done, but there was a lot of new ground cut there.

The Steve Jobs biography covers the topic a bit.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...bs-apps-iphone

Quote:

AppleTV does offer Netflix playback ability.

The average household already owns a console that is capable of Netflix playback. So why buy AppleTV for Netflix playback when I could just watch Netflix on my home consoles already?
  • Reply 106 of 108
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Negafox View Post

So why buy AppleTV for Netflix playback when I could just watch Netflix on my home consoles already?

Because the Apple TV's Netflix interface is second to none, so I've heard.
  • Reply 107 of 108
    Thats really not good to hear, ipad is one of the sensetive gadgets which can loose data from it very soon. So the apps for ipad used with them should be good and effective. They must be taken also from good place.
  • Reply 108 of 108
    Apple TV is the most unique device that is designed and manufactured by Apple. It is an amazing digital media receiver that is used as i Pad accessory and helps you to enjoy apple TV shows