Apple reportedly planning New York City media event this month

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 51
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tinman0 View Post

It's easier to say what this announcement isn't.

1. It's not updated hardware.

2. It's not new hardware (ipad, tv, etc)

3. It's not updated software.

Reason it's none of the above is because it's too close to Christmas that just went. No one wants to discover that they just bought last years product, whether it's software or hardware.

Certainly didn't stop them from releasing Macs with Intel chips in January 2006. A bigger sea change than the next update of anything.
  • Reply 42 of 51
    mkralmkral Posts: 58member
    3 things Steve allegedly was working on when he died were: TV, textbooks & hospital equipment. I'd bet it's either TV related or textbooks for the ipad. TV sounds the most realistic, possibly the long 'rumored bundled package' but it doesn't seem like NY would be the place for that. I'm guessing it has to do with textbooks, or else a revamp or iAd simply because that is in bad shape.
  • Reply 43 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mwnorris View Post

NY is a perfect spot to declare a dividend.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

That sounds solid to me.

If that were the case, I'll sell my stock as soon as I can after the news, and cut my losses.
  • Reply 44 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by henniman View Post

Something *cloudy* integrating magazines, television, movies and music, some ad-magic with Siri & iAd.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by juandl View Post

That would be Advertisement related.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

My guess is that it is content related for iTunes/AppleTV with integrated iAds.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by henniman View Post

they'll be creating the possibility of free iAd partnership. Everyone can start a (limited) campaign for free. Production tools for Mac and iOS available to public in App Store.

All of these are utterly marginal businesses for Apple. It would be a terrible waste of time for Apple's senior management to fly out all the way to do this. The reaction would be, at best, a shrug.

I think Tim Cook should save his next outing (please spare me the jokes) for something truly game-chaning.
  • Reply 45 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

If that were the case, I'll sell my stock as soon as I can after the news, and cut my losses.

I'm with you on this one. Apple without innovation is as dead as IBM or Microsoft.
  • Reply 46 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I'm with you on this one. Apple without innovation is as dead as IBM or Microsoft.

IBM's been on a tear in 2011.
  • Reply 47 of 51
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

That's the joke. Everyone's clamoring for iWork '11 and it was never released.

Ahh I c.

Ya- iWork 11 and iPhone 5, which of course is the 6th iPhone.
  • Reply 48 of 51
    tinman0tinman0 Posts: 168member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by boredumb View Post

Certainly didn't stop them from releasing Macs with Intel chips in January 2006. A bigger sea change than the next update of anything.

Intel Macs had been long since announced though, so no one was under any illusion that they weren't in the pipeline sometime soon.

But Apple won't stomp on Christmas dreams nowadays as there is far too much to lose.
  • Reply 49 of 51
    I think that's good, in newyork apple will be rock and i hope all of people who out their. Have definately enjoy.
  • Reply 50 of 51
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tinman0 View Post

Intel Macs had been long since announced though, so no one was under any illusion that they weren't in the pipeline sometime soon.

But Apple won't stomp on Christmas dreams nowadays as there is far too much to lose.

Sorry, but not everyone reads these sites, so, although it was announced at least by June 2005, I would suggest that a great number of people were unaware of Apple's plans, or their import, during the 2005 holiday season, although that might not apply to you specifically.
  • Reply 51 of 51
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

IBM's been on a tear in 2011.

How about Microsoft?