Apple's iMac accounts for 33% of all-in-one PC sales

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 91
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

... And some, like me, are deemed Apple hating trolls and ignored... All because I don't always agree with Apple's patent assertions (moreso don't agree with the system itself) and don't feel like Schmidt was a super mole, don't feel Android is a copy of iOS (inspired =\\= copy) and don't think a thin black fronted rounded rectangle should be patentable.

Odd world here.

Back spinning your ban? Hahahaha, You guys are so funny sometimes.
  • Reply 82 of 91
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gordy View Post

I thought Apple's market share was over 10% now...right? No way it could outpace the industry in sales for 3+ years and still be at 5%.

Perhaps you are confusing US Market share with world wide market share?
  • Reply 83 of 91
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by saarek View Post

Perhaps you are confusing US Market share with world wide market share?

US marketshare's something like 13%, worldwide is around 6, yeah.
  • Reply 84 of 91
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Freshmaker View Post

Would love the portability obviously, but just not sure if an MB Pro would be beefy enough to handle some moderate gaming (not Crysis or anything).

The current 13" is weak due to Intel again. The Ivy Bridge one shouldn't be too bad but I'd say the 6750M model is plenty and it will play Crysis on medium-high quality. Even the latest games like Battlefield 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGpBR8U-fbU
  • Reply 85 of 91
    So they went from 100% to 33%?
  • Reply 86 of 91
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MaroonMushroom View Post

So they went from 100% to 33%?

100% in 1998, sure.
  • Reply 87 of 91
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

100% in 1998, sure.

Did Apple ever have 100% of the AIO market when you count all price ranges? I don't think they did.
  • Reply 88 of 91
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Did Apple ever have 100% of the AIO market when you count all price ranges? I don't think they did.

Did anyone else make all-in-ones in 1998? Or something you'd even call an 'all-in-one'? Those Internet kiosks at hotels and what have you don't count.
  • Reply 89 of 91
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Did anyone else make all-in-ones in 1998? Or something you'd even call an 'all-in-one'? Those Internet kiosks at hotels and what have you don't count.

eMachines came out with the ill-fated eOne in 1999. Before that there were a plethora of AIOs. One such machine is the Commodore PET 2001 which seems to have been designed on set of the original BSG.
    Most AIOs are more aptly called "suitcase computers" which evolved into the notebook computers we know today, but they are by definition all-in-ones and had to be used on desktops. Even though they offered a modicum of portability they were not notebooks or laptop computers.
    These two machines not only predate the iMac but also predate Mac as a whole.
  • Reply 90 of 91
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

eMachines came out with the ill-fated eOne in 1999.

Which led to their bankruptcy and eventual purchase by a company that has since gone bankrupt and been purchased itself.

The moral there is: don't steal from Apple.

Quote:

archaic computers

Oh, well, then ENIAC was an all-in-one if we're going by that requirement.
  • Reply 91 of 91
    mactacmactac Posts: 316member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChiA View Post

I am intrigued, just what are people doing with their Macs that'll be too taxing for a Mac Mini yet be overkilled by a Mac Pro?

It's not so much that the processor in the mini isn't up to the task. It is that the case of the mini doesn't have the room inside of it for what people want and need to use. Just because we dislike the monitor being stuck to the computer on the iMac doesn't mean that we want a bunch of external devices hooked up to a mini.

It's all about a mid sized case with internal room and a separate monitor that makes the mini not enough and the Mac Pro too much.