Survey suggests 50% growth in enterprise spending on Apple products in 2012

Comments

• Reply 41 of 89
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

I just noticed that. You defended that statement as if you were, and I didn't check the original, but your defense of it makes it your claim. And it's a ridiculous one.

You've checked the feature list? That's your expertise to claim that it was "near identical" to Outlook for PC? Nice.

True, maybe near identical was too strong - but if it checks the emails and gets the calendar working then woohoo for the users.
  • Reply 42 of 89
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by benanderson89 View Post

True, maybe near identical was too strong - but if it checks the emails and gets the calendar working then woohoo for the users.

I think you've made it clear that you don't have any expertise in this discussion.
  • Reply 43 of 89
    Quote:

I think you've made it clear that you don't have any expertise in this discussion.

Someone has lots of bile spare today. That time of the month?
  • Reply 44 of 89
    jakebjakeb Posts: 562member
    Hold on tight for AAPL $600.
  • Reply 45 of 89
    chiachia Posts: 713member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slapppy View Post

...suggesting the uptick for Apple within the enterprise environment. As before, nothing happened. Apple remains below the double digit mark. Remember folks that this is just a survey. It doesn't have any factual basis for these companies to actually buy Apple products. As proven for the last 10 years, market share remains well below 10 worldwide.

As before, nothing useful heard. Slappy remains below the single digit mark in marketshare of posts on Appleinsider,

there's no factual basis to actually read slappy's posts.

As proven for the last 3 years, slappy's marketshare of posts remains well below 0.2% of the top ten posters on Appleinsider.
  • Reply 46 of 89
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

/snip ...market share remains well below 10 worldwide.

...but Apple has been in the top 10 of PC vendors, worldwide for years, they've been in the top 5 for the last couple of years with HP and Dell on top.

I don't understand wtf your point is?
  • Reply 47 of 89
    Quote:

Sorry, you said Outlook has been in Office for Mac for years. It hasn't. Entourage was, but it was FAR different and inferior to Outlook. I can't believe my eyes, to see someone suggesting it had "near identical" functionality to Outlook. It was commonly seen (along with Excel) as a conspiracy by Microsoft to keep users from switching, it was so crappy.

You can't just say something specific and totally wrong, get called on it, and then switch it around to say the other person is at fault.

Outlook is basically crap, about the only good thing going for it is integration with exchange active sync.

I use it a lot at work, for everything else I use iOS devices, email on the desktop is a futile ex exercise in time wasting.
  • Reply 48 of 89
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChiA View Post

As before, nothing useful heard. Slappy remains below the single digit mark in marketshare of posts on Appleinsider,

there's no factual basis to actually read slappy's posts.

As proven for the last 3 years, slappy's marketshare of posts remains well below 0.2% of the top ten posters on Appleinsider.

On the other hand it's market share of the "ignore list" market is probably quite high, and just became higher.

• Reply 49 of 89
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

That's not really true anymore, and I'm getting tired of hearing it. Is it perfect? Well, no, but then, it can be a problem getting Windows clients working properly in a Windows environment. There have been big steps over the past few years.

And a lot of this is not because of BYOD. Corporations are finding this worthwhile.

Well I'm also tired of hearing the same bull shit that Macs work fine in a corporate Windows environment. Have you ever tried to log into a VPN using the added security layer that many corporate networks require where you have to give a three-finger-salute? Good luck calling IT when it doesn't work. I work in that environment. Having read all of your posts for years I recall that you never worked in a Windows environment, and never will.

Move on to a topic you know something about.
  • Reply 50 of 89
    Quote:

I've seen many surveys over the years suggesting the uptick for Apple within the enterprise environment. As before, nothing happened. Apple remains below the double digit mark. Remember folks that this is just a survey. It doesn't have any factual basis for these companies to actually buy Apple products. As proven for the last 10 years, market share remains well below 10 worldwide.

SlapHappy,

Your anti-Apple drivel passes no bounds!

"Apple remain below the double digit mark"

Can't you read charts. In 2011 (i.e. last year) Apple's enterprise sales were $12 billion out of $84 billion i.e. more than 14%.

So where do you get "below double digit" from?

Oh, of course that same fantasy place of yours where Android are soon going to take 98% of the Smartphone market and Apple is doomed to disappear.

Of course you don't like surveys which disagree with your fantasy projections. Forrester, who used to be as anti-Apple as you (and forecast that total iPad consumer sales of less than a million a year, Remember?), and used to advise enterprises not to buy Apple, have been forced by market realities to do an about face and they are now projecting that Apple's enterprise market share will rise from 2.7% in 2008 to 29% in 2013.

SlapHappy, here's another couple of surveys you won't like:

"70% - 89% Of SMEs Intend To Buy Tablets"

(For tablet read nearly all iPads)

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/12/...ce=yahoo_quote

From Tech Trader Daily

Here?s how the Enterprise smartphone numbers broke down, with the 2010 number vs 2011:

* iPhone: 31.1% in 2010 vs 45% in 2011

* Blackberry: 34.5% vs 32.2%

* Android: 11.3% vs 21.3%

* Symbian/Nokia: 12.4% vs 7.4%

* Microsoft Windows Mobile: 9.6% vs 5.5%

* Other: 7.4% vs 2.1%

When asked what smart phone they would receive or purchase in 2012,

* 18% said an iPhone,

* 11.2% said Android,

* 3.6% said Microsoft Windows Mobile,

* 2.3% said BlackBerry.

* 0.8% said Symbian/Nokia.

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2011/11/16/survey-iphone-bests-bberry-at-office-now-get-some-sleep/?mod=yahoobarrons[/url]

"DOOMED, I tell you, Apple are DOOMED"

Smoke on SlapHappy!
  • Reply 51 of 89
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jakeb View Post

Been holding tight since 2007.

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic..._in_18_Months/
  • Reply 52 of 89
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    I like the fact that Apple is on a tread to replace RIM in business. AT&T Q4 corpo sales are amazing for Apple.
  • Reply 53 of 89
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Secular Investor View Post

SlapHappy,

Your anti-Apple drivel passes no bounds!

"Apple remain below the double digit mark"

Can't you read charts. In 2011 (i.e. last year) Apple's enterprise sales were $12 billion out of $84 billion i.e. more than 14%.

So where do you get "below double digit" from?

Oh, of course that same fantasy place of yours where Android are soon going to take 98% of the Smartphone market and Apple is doomed to disappear.

Of course you don't like surveys which disagree with your fantasy projections. Forrester, who used to be as anti-Apple as you (and forecast that total iPad consumer sales of less than a million a year, Remember?), and used to advise enterprises not to buy Apple, have been forced by market realities to do an about face and they are now projecting that Apple's enterprise market share will rise from 2.7% in 2008 to 29% in 2013.

SlapHappy, here's another couple of surveys you won't like:

"70% - 89% Of SMEs Intend To Buy Tablets"

(For tablet read nearly all iPads)

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/12/...ce=yahoo_quote

From Tech Trader Daily

Here’s how the Enterprise smartphone numbers broke down, with the 2010 number vs 2011:

* iPhone: 31.1% in 2010 vs 45% in 2011

* Blackberry: 34.5% vs 32.2%

* Android: 11.3% vs 21.3%

* Symbian/Nokia: 12.4% vs 7.4%

* Microsoft Windows Mobile: 9.6% vs 5.5%

* Other: 7.4% vs 2.1%

When asked what smart phone they would receive or purchase in 2012,

* 18% said an iPhone,

* 11.2% said Android,

* 3.6% said Microsoft Windows Mobile,

* 2.3% said BlackBerry.

* 0.8% said Symbian/Nokia.

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2011/11/16/survey-iphone-bests-bberry-at-office-now-get-some-sleep/?mod=yahoobarrons[/url]

"DOOMED, I tell you, Apple are DOOMED"

Smoke on SlapHappy!

Just put him on your ignore list will ya! Sheesh?
  • Reply 54 of 89
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

There's a difference between hardware sales and software sales. While I like iWork, the truth is that it's not a heavy duty suite. There are things for which Office is needed. Mac users agree, and Office sell very well to Mac users. So it's true, there are things that MS, primarily a software company, does pretty well, despite the jokes about some of its products.

Apple needs to upgrade Numbers pronto! I'm wondering if they even care anymore.

How do you rate Oracle's Office or Neo Office on OS X? Just curious as I have it not been a power spread sheet user for years.
  • Reply 55 of 89
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jakeb View Post

My guess is 2013 for that.
  • Reply 56 of 89
    slapppyslapppy Posts: 331member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Just put him on your ignore list will ya! Sheesh?

Thats typical Apple fan behavior. Burry their head in the sand to hide from reality. Whenever factual data about Apple failure to gain significant market, Apple fans turn away or bury their head in the sand. Not a good way to face reality. Apple is well below double digits in OS market share. Simple search online shows that fact.
  • Reply 57 of 89
    slapppyslapppy Posts: 331member
    Quote:

There was an article on Apple insider that said something like 33% share in enterprise, yes?

33%? That is highly debatable. Has Apple confirmed this data? I doubt it.
  • Reply 58 of 89
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:

Someone has lots of bile spare today. That time of the month?

You want warm and fuzzy? Then don't start your interaction with someone by saying "What was it you were saying about not knowing what you're talking about?"

Then, when your ignorance is proven, don't go complaining that someone wasn't nice enough to you.
  • Reply 59 of 89
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:

Thats typical Apple fan behavior. Burry their head in the sand to hide from reality. Whenever factual data about Apple failure to gain significant market, Apple fans turn away or bury their head in the sand. Not a good way to face reality. Apple is well below double digits in OS market share. Simple search online shows that fact.

I like ya slappy. You're gonna be the guy who finally tries a Mac to see "what the fuss is all about", and then you'll see just what the fuss IS all about.

You obviously hang around this forum because deep down you are very interested in Apple products.

You're already an apple convert and you don't even know it. Welcome aboard.
  • Reply 60 of 89
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    It seems to me that computing and mobile devices are separate markets in this context.

From my (possibly limited) experience, there is a clear move going on towards iPhones and iPads in enterprise environments, likely due to the poor hardware and software from RIM, their rumored imminent demise as a company, and the view (correct or otherwise) that iOS is best alternative from a security point of view. Plus everyone wants one. The transition, in an MS Exchange environment, is quite easy as iOS supports it just fine, and many IT departments have not been locked into RIM for so long that they are unwilling to change.

Desktop/laptop computing is a quite different story, where the IT people and workers have been using Windows for years and have no big reason to want to change. Quite the opposite in fact, since most IT depts. seem to know very little about Macs - probably because their services are rarely needed. In my organization (~ 10000 employees), the IT guys spend almost all their time working on Windows boxes, while the Mac users never call them. I suspect a switch to Macs would be a disaster for IT pros everywhere, both in terms of the initial transition headaches and then the later redundancies.