Apple becomes No. 3 PC maker in US with industry-leading 21% growth

13»

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 53
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,502member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post


    click on the desktop. then hit Command-N.



    voila, files and folders.



    Or simply click on the Smiley Face down in the dock at the far left hand side if you need a fast way to open it with a mouse. There are a few things that are different, but overall, the experience is close enough that you should not have trouble for very long. After all, Microsoft has tried very hard to make their OS as close as possible to the Mac OS for a long time.
  • Reply 42 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yu119995 View Post


    Ummm...am I missing something because I read this over at Engadget:







    Nope, you didn't miss anything. AI's chart is reporting on US sales, that one looks to be Global sales.



    Apple is doomed I say ... DOOOOOOMED! ... oh, sorry, I think I just had a Slappy episode.
  • Reply 43 of 53
    It can happen. A slight uptick in the US. Simply because Apple is a US based company. Yet Worldwide, my facts are still correct. It's well below 5%. So low that it's not even considered relevant enough to be listed.





    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_s...rating_systems



    "In August 2011, Gartner estimated Apple's PC market share in US as 10.7% for Q2 2011. Apple's worldwide market share is not listed, because not in top 5; inferred to be 5% or below. Gartner's numbers include netbooks, but not media tablets such as the iPad. Total units in Q2 2011 from all vendors, ~85 million.[3]"
  • Reply 44 of 53
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Uh oh... he's back spreading FUD. Sell your stock! Hide your kids! Hide your wife!
  • Reply 45 of 53
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    It's interesting that the smaller PC vendors with less marketshare are the only ones growing in this declining market yet according to Slappy they are the ones that should be suffering yet the market leader by unit shares, HP, just keeps falling. It's almost like the exact opposite of what Slappy thinks happens in real life.
  • Reply 46 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


    It's almost like the exact opposite of what Slappy thinks happens in real life.



    That can't possibly be the case.



    Because 5%.



    There, I said the obligatory number with a percent sign after it. Whatever I've said in this post must be Absolute Truth, handed down from on high.
  • Reply 47 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post


    click on the desktop. then hit Command-N.



    voila, files and folders.



    Ah! Thank you very much! I will give that a shot once I get home. I tried the smiley-face thing last night and it showed me most/all of my files, but I couldn't see any way to organize them. It was just one ginormous list.
  • Reply 48 of 53
    MacProMacPro Posts: 18,249member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slapppy View Post


    It can happen. A slight uptick in the US. Simply because Apple is a US based company. Yet Worldwide, my facts are still correct. It's well below 5%. So low that it's not even considered relevant enough to be listed.





    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_s...rating_systems



    "In August 2011, Gartner estimated Apple's PC market share in US as 10.7% for Q2 2011. Apple's worldwide market share is not listed, because not in top 5; inferred to be 5% or below. Gartner's numbers include netbooks, but not media tablets such as the iPad. Total units in Q2 2011 from all vendors, ~85 million.[3]"



    Why did you post a link to OS market share? The article and thread is about hardware market share. Isn't that obvious to you?
  • Reply 49 of 53
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    That can't possibly be the case.



    Because 5%.



    There, I said the obligatory number with a percent sign after it. Whatever I've said in this post must be Absolute Truth, handed down from on high.



    Nonsense. It's only Truth if you use some feigned precision. If you had said "5.173%", it would have been Truth.
  • Reply 50 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post


    Why did you post a link to OS market share? The article and thread is about hardware market share. Isn't that obvious to you?



    It's slapppy.
  • Reply 51 of 53
    Again...why do you all respond to Slapppy so readily? Is it because he's a contrary POV that is almost too easily refuted? (I still think he's a Poe)
  • Reply 52 of 53
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post


    Again...why do you all respond to Slapppy so readily? Is it because he's a contrary POV that is almost too easily refuted? (I still think he's a Poe)



    I like responding to the crazies.
  • Reply 53 of 53
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member




    This is why the iPad is not a computer.



    Snapshot of the computer market, with and without iPad
Sign In or Register to comment.