Comments

• Reply 41 of 64
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member
    And the 7th gen will be.....?
  • Reply 42 of 64
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

i agree....Apple chooses quality over quantity and blends hardware with software into an overall device experience. Taking their time for better design and inovation in their product.

And yet they are sell more PMPs, smartphones, and tablets per model than anyone. I don't even think Apple predicted this level of success.

I predict that with ML and the new MBPs we'll see an even faster rise in Mac PC sales, an area they already dominate in profit but still aren't top dog in revenue and of course not in unit market share. I think MS Win8 will be a dud for tablets even if they are the closest competitor for the iPad which will continue the iPad stripping away at PC market share. In the end Windows will be much less affected than PC vendors due to it's spread but it will continue to get its market share chipped it over the quarters.
  • Reply 43 of 64
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member
    WWDC 2012... New design MBA & MBP

WWDC 2013... New design iMac & Apple Television

Just a thought
  • Reply 44 of 64
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

And yet they are sell more PMPs, smartphones, and tablets per model than anyone. I don't even think Apple predicted this level of success.

I predict that with ML and the new MBPs we'll see an even faster rise in Mac PC sales, an area they already dominate in profit but still aren't top dog in revenue and of course not in unit market share. I think MS Win8 will be a dud for tablets even if they are the closest competitor for the iPad which will continue the iPad stripping away at PC market share. In the end Windows will be much less affected than PC vendors due to it's spread but it will continue to get its market share chipped it over the quarters.

I think we are in complete agreement! I see a sales/market share explosion in the corporate/enterprise space in 2012/13. I see the adoption of the iPad and iPhone to continure in the afore mention markets. I also see the notebooks gaining market share as well. IF and a big IF Apple amazes us with design and functionality of some kind of TV set then I could see a full integration of Apple products that would allow seamless continuity between devices. Imagine being able to take your work iPad anywhere in your work building...being able to display work product on some sort of Apple TV wirelessly anywhere in any conference or meeting room!
  • Reply 45 of 64
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member
    I think AI is jumping on the early bandwagon here....

We broke it first, here at AI! - Apple Insider
  • Reply 46 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

Sounds like they're jumping on the late bandwagon. Plenty of people still think it will be a July launch.

*rimshot*
  • Reply 47 of 64
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jj.yuan View Post

Will T-mobile get the iPhone this year?

My local bell offers cell phones and the roaming service is collaborated with T-mobile. If T-mobile gets iPhone, I feel that my local bell should also get it

I wouldn't bet against T-Mobile coming on board in the summer much like Sprint did last year.
  • Reply 48 of 64
    "iPhone LTE" to be released in the fall, during the time-frame that used to be reserved for the iPod.

You heard it here, first.
  • Reply 49 of 64
    Quote:

And the 7th gen will be.....?

iPhone 6s of course.
  • Reply 50 of 64
    there seems to be a lot of belief behind this "credible" source , did anyone actually click on the link and goto the page and see all the info that is given?
  • Reply 51 of 64
    And I bet with my rotten luck my 3 year old 3GS will brick-itself at the end of June....
  • Reply 52 of 64
    October makes sense as a release date.

The i4S is doing well. No need to shorten its life cycle to rush out the next generation iPhone.

Plus we now that Apple is their own biggest competitor. No need to put iPhone 5 and iPad 3 on the market too close together. A little breathing room between the two is a good thing.
  • Reply 53 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Santoanderson View Post

And I bet with my rotten luck my 3 year old 3GS will brick-itself at the end of June....

It hasn't already?!?! Give me you coordinates and IEMI and I'll have Tom Cook personally send the kill single.
  • Reply 54 of 64
    Quote:

?I'll have Tom Cook personally send the kill single.

"Hi. I'm Tom Cook. I've no idea in what industry I work."
  • Reply 55 of 64
    Quote:

We broke it first, here at AI! - Apple Insider

Hey is it just me or has anyone done the math here...37 Million phones in the last Quarter!! If Apple made that number of iPhones that just sold in the last quarter in one calendar year, 365 days 24 hours per day...just to meet that last quarter ...they would need to manufacture, ship and deliver more than 70 iPhones/minute!!...just for the last quarter If they had a Year to do it...that is a lot of stinking phones!\

I would like to see that on "How do They Do It?

Cheers,

Larry
  • Reply 56 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

image: http://media.businessreport.com/medi...or.vu_t290.jpg

"Hi. I'm Tom Cook. I've no idea in what industry I work."

Actually here is no kill single, we send in Seal Team 6 but most people think it's Seal Team 5.
  • Reply 57 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

iPhone 6s of course.

Thus reigniting the blogs of discontent....

I was hoping for iPhone 4SSS.
  • Reply 58 of 64
    Quote:

Actually here is no kill single, we send in Seal Team 6 but most people think it's Seal Team 5.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Thus reigniting the blogs of discontent....

I was hoping for iPhone 4SSS.

"Usssse the 4ssssssss!"
  • Reply 59 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by azentropy View Post

Lets just name it Fred.

I still don't it the 6th generation, but the 6th release.

Generations:

1st: iPhone

2nd: iPhone 3G and 3Gs

3nd: iPhone 4 and 4s

4th: Fred

They could call it Bob... Ah, no, Microsoft already did that.

Apple Fred, Microsoft Bob. It all makes sense...
  • Reply 60 of 64
    ruel24ruel24 Posts: 432member
    Perfect! I'm due for an upgrade in December.