Average paid Android apps are 2.5 times more expensive than iPhone apps

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freckledbruh View Post

Errr, if you can't see the connection between having a solid business/marketing plan and "putting food on the table" then you should exit the conversation now. Throwing an app up in either platforms' markets is no guarantee of earning a living and that's neither company's fault. And I brought up Google because you had stated that developers weren't making money and that is clearly not true as Google is certainly making money on ios along with many others. It's almost like you feel that people are simply entitled to success and if it doesn't happen it's automatically someone else's fault.

No it's not, a lot of people wih solid business and dev plans are making peanuts on the app store. Deny all you want.
  • Reply 82 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

No it's not, a lot of people wih solid business and dev plans are making peanuts on the app store. Deny all you want.

OK, then tell me how they are marketing these apps. Have they hired a PR firm/person to reach out to media? Gone to relevant trade shows? Reached out to relevant companies for co-branding? What kind of projected revenue did these developers plan to earn and on what did they base these projections?
  • Reply 83 of 84
    This, as I am sure you know, is trade info that one does not divulge? What do you expect me to reply to it?
  • Reply 84 of 84
    So you can't even say if they have hired a PR firm or what steps they have taken to promote their apps but you can claim that they are all losing money? How convenient.