Motorola forces Apple to halt iCloud push services in Germany

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 69
    adamcadamc Posts: 583member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blitz1 View Post

Motorola is absolutely right to go after copycats.

Besides, iCloud absolutely sucks.

But for me it is magic.
  • Reply 62 of 69
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

One of Samsung's other examples of prior art did. What is your opinion of Guitar Rig, who used an open/unlock image and also required the user to move his finger along a predetermined path and pre-dated Apple's version?.

Well perhaps you'd care to pass that on to the people who continually post the Neonode as an example.
  • Reply 63 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

Motorola has no choice but to enforce their IP!

Apple stole it.

• Reply 64 of 69
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Quick, somebody post a YouTube video of Hitler ranting about iCloud being turned off using that scene from The Downfall. (which is a terrific film if you've never seen it)

Not the same, but still funny: Angry German Kid Tries To Use MobileMe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ohaarB95IM
  • Reply 65 of 69
    sipsip Posts: 210member
    Isn't this patent about those dang things we used to hang off our belts 30 years ago? You know, someone calls you, their number shows up on a tiny screen, then you scrambled to look for a phone, any phone (landline only) and called them back. What were they called? Beepers, bleepers, pagers? I thought pagers only existed in airports, those announcements "Will Mr So & So please... the rest is incoherent... "

Don't patents become obsolete?
  • Reply 66 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sip View Post

Isn't this patent about those dang things we used to hang off our belts 30 years ago? You know, someone calls you, their number shows up on a tiny screen, then you scrambled to look for a phone, any phone (landline only) and called them back. What were they called? Beepers, bleepers, pagers? I thought pagers only existed in airports, those announcements "Will Mr So & So please... the rest is incoherent... "

Don't patents become obsolete?

No those public announcements are useful for malls to... "Will the owner of the white Camry please move your car before I ram it up the back..."
  • Reply 67 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdamC View Post

But for me it is magic.

It's definitely got potential, and since Eddie Cue has been more in charge at least on the iOS side of things, Apple's cloud offerings seem to be better.

I could be wrong, but I think Eddie Cue was previously "seconded" to focusing strongly on the iTunes Store, and I definitely did feel, of all Apple's online and cloud woes, iTunes Store has been going gangbusters for many years now. Hopefully now he'll bring all those skills to Apple's overall online and cloud stuff.
  • Reply 68 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

I thought Apple was using Exchange active sync, licensed from Microsoft who incidentally are suing Motorola over the same thing.

So what happens if you set your MobileMe/iCloud account as Exchange?

This is referring solely to the MobileMe push services, doesn't have anything to do with Exchange functionality or Google services functionality.
  • Reply 69 of 69
    SCENE: A table at a chinese restaurant. A patron has just been seated. The restaurant is being run by an oriental family.kids jokes | Is a research-based language learning website designed to teach foreign languages through music and adaptive games and activities that customize to your child?s natural learning curve. They have developed a new method for teaching foreign languages to young kids called Playful Immersion?. Their Mission is to give kids the greatest advantages in life by making language learning fun and easy.jocuri 3d