Siri gains improved weather and time functions in Canada

Comments

• Reply 41 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bmason1270 View Post

Oh quit your crying. Canada is the little brother we never had. And as such you will always be picked on by us, but deep down, we don't mean it and actually, we really like you as neighbors. But make no mistake, in a fight, we would kick your ass.

Kick our ass? 90% of America can't even get off their own fat ass
  • Reply 42 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apfeltosh View Post

True, Canada is simply a safe and rich country that actually takes care of its own citizens and helps those around the world, instead of bombing and murdering them. Who needs a stable economy, universal healthcare, lower unemployment rates than the USA, and the absence of fear from being shot for nothing. The USA is a truly sad country that is economically and morally bankrupt and mocked the world over. What is the USA good for? Laughs at the expense of the illiterate trailer trash that write comments like yours.

Served.
  • Reply 43 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GadgetCanada View Post

Served.

Translation: I think you forget the billions in humanitarian aid that the US provides disaster stricken nations. You forget that you do share the worlds longest non military patrolled boarder with as you would claim a "war mongering" nation that supplies you and much of the world the food you eat.

If it wasn't for us you'd have your choice of three languages you could be speaking right now, German, Japanese or Russian.

And as far as taking care of our own, I guess if all the people we had to worry about was a just tenth of our population while still providing aid to many nations we could too.

As a nation I challenge you to be relevant and to do better. The truth is your population is smaller than California and you are content to to sit in your basements, smoking a bong and watch the world go by.

Hell, even your Space program only consists of a RadioShack Robotic Arm that isn't used now cause we benched the shuttle.

Christ you would only have a six team professional hockey league if it wasn't for us. We even tried to make your own damn national sport relevant when you couldn't.

Just let me know when Canada matters.
  • Reply 44 of 78
    Great news Eh!
  • Reply 45 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joelsalt View Post

I figured the delay was due to Siri not being able to understand sentance-final "eh"s

Also, the weather app doesn't need to be improved for Canada. It only needs two responses.

(Nov-Mar): Siri what is the weather?

Siri: Shit.

(April-Oct): Siri what is the weather?

Siri: Not quite as shit.

^This
  • Reply 46 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NailedToTheX View Post

Show me a clip of a Newfoundlander speaking whereby they say a-boot instead of about...

That's totally an Ontario and Prairies thing...

Newfie talking to Siri....

"Siri my bah, what's the quickest way to leave these mainlanders and go home so I can have me screech and kiss me cod lard tunderin Jesus!"

"I'm sorry, I'm programmed to only understand English..."
  • Reply 47 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joelsalt View Post

I figured the delay was due to Siri not being able to understand sentance-final "eh"s

Also, the weather app doesn't need to be improved for Canada. It only needs two responses.

(Nov-Mar): Siri what is the weather?

Siri: Shit.

(April-Oct): Siri what is the weather?

Siri: Not quite as shit.

lol - actually, not funny at all... summer is from July to end of august, and that is in the south!
  • Reply 48 of 78
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sdyates View Post

lol - actually, not funny at all... summer is from July to end of august, and that is in the south!

Unless you go way South and then it's December through February.
  • Reply 49 of 78
    I am just looking forward to Siri for iPad

Hey canucks, why so angry when a yank teases you? Just tease them back huh? Besides, we could have it a lot worse to our south. We do not have to defend our border and they make great Apple stuff for us to buy.

However, if any yanks are reading, if you really want to pick up your economy, start making good beer and we will be your biggest customer - really... We drink it more than water!

Let's drink to Siri...
  • Reply 50 of 78
    tjwaltjwal Posts: 404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

I don't know anyone outside of Newfoundland who actually says "a-boot" instead of "about."

I'm not sure why Americans believe Canadians all say that but it's about the same as assuming everyone in the US says "axe" instead of "ask."

I just got back from a business conference in Banff. The American speakers from the east talked funny. Those from the west cost sounded just like Albertans.
  • Reply 51 of 78
    Quote:

Translation

Just let me know when Canada matters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV_041oYDjg
  • Reply 52 of 78
    Quote:

If it wasn't for us you'd have your choice of three languages you could be speaking right now, German, Japanese or Russian.

Christ you would only have a six team professional hockey league if it wasn't for us. We even tried to make your own damn national sport relevant when you couldn't.

Wow, you truly are the epitomy of a dumb stereotype 'merican. Canada was in World War I and World Ward II YEARS before the Americans were fighting the German and Japanese while Americans sat at home until the Japanese attacked this in 1941, so your comment is just plain garbage. It was the Russians that crushed the German Wehrmacht and not the Americans that came so late in the game. As well, on the beaches of Normandy, Canada went so far inland so fast that we were ordered to hold back while you and your poorly trained troops stumbled along Omaha beach.

Learn your history before you spew verbal diarrhea.

As for your hockey comment, counting the American hockey teams that can barely fill 8,000 seats in 20,000 seat arenas is nothing to brag about. Canada would be more than happy to see most of the nearly bankrupt American hockey teams shut down. How does America playing hockey make anything relevant? Such narcissism (big word for you so search your trailer for a dictionary). By the way there are 7 Canadian hockey teams but I know Americans are not very good at math.

The world is laughing as your country as it continues to implode as your business and giovernment leaders ignore your own precious constitution and steal from its citizens.
  • Reply 53 of 78
    Yikes! Someone has a lot of animosity for the US.
  • Reply 54 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Yikes! Someone has a lot of animosity for the US.

Actually, no. I like most Americans but do not like their corrupt government, corrupt Wall Street leaders, and uninformed trailer park residents like bmason1270. Most Americans are great people but people like bmason1270 allows their corrupt government and corrupt Wall Street leaders to stay in power.
  • Reply 55 of 78
    Quote:

Actually, no. I like most Americans but do not like their corrupt government, corrupt Wall Street leaders, and uninformed [redacted]. Most Americans are great people but people like bmason1270 allows their corrupt government and corrupt Wall Street leaders to stay in power.

1) I've been around the world and besides not being able to find my baby I have found that human nature is the same everywhere.

2) That one comment I removed is an ad hominem personal attack which can lead to infractions and banning. Recommendation: edit your post.
  • Reply 56 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

1) I've been around the world and besides not being able to find my baby I have found that human nature is the same everywhere.

2) That one comment I removed is an ad hominem personal attack which can lead to infractions and banning. Recommendation: edit your post.

You attacked a Hominem???
  • Reply 57 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Market_Player View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV_041oYDjg

I stand by my original sentiment when I said we "deep down, we really like you as neighbors". That said, tell your patriots to step off and show a little respect for the role that we have played and shut the hell up about health care and war mongering.

And shut the hell up about Siri not working for you as some stupid national slight.
  • Reply 58 of 78
    Quote:

Wow, you truly are the epitomy of a dumb stereotype 'merican. Canada was in World War I and World Ward II YEARS before the Americans were fighting the German and Japanese while Americans sat at home until the Japanese attacked this in 1941, so your comment is just plain garbage. It was the Russians that crushed the German Wehrmacht and not the Americans that came so late in the game. As well, on the beaches of Normandy, Canada went so far inland so fast that we were ordered to hold back while you and your poorly trained tropps stumbled along Omaha beach.

Yup and you accomplished a whole lot in those previous two years. We finished it in two years. But like the hard to open jar, I suppose you losened it for us. Or at least that is how you would defend your "success" at Dieppe. And as far as Normandy goes. Yup you certainly threw yourselves onto the "tough beaches" there.

Quote:

As for your hockey comment, counting the American hockey teams that can barely fill 8,000 seats in 20,000 seat arenas is nothing to brag about. Canada would be more than happy to see most of the nearly bankrupt American hockey teams shut down. How does America playing hockey make anything relevant? Such narcissism (big word for you so search your trailer for a dictionary). By the way there are 7 Canadian hockey teams but I know Americans are not very good at math.

Here is some math for you. What is 17? The number of years it's been since a Canadian team won the Stanely Cup.

Quote:

The world is laughing as your country as it continues to implode as your business and giovernment leaders ignore your own precious constitution and steal from its citizens.

If you watched the very nice YouTube link posted regarding Canada you might not want to laugh too much as we are your biggest trade partner.
  • Reply 59 of 78
    dualiedualie Posts: 334member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

I don't know anyone outside of Newfoundland who actually says "a-boot" instead of "about."

I'm not sure why Americans believe Canadians all say that but it's about the same as assuming everyone in the US says "axe" instead of "ask."

It's because of Canadian raising, a linguistic feature of the way many Canadians (myself included) speak, that is actually misheard by many Americans and some Canadians who can't differentiate the difference between "a boot" and "about". There are several examples of this in Canadian English, which is also found in several northern states (Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, etc.).

Nobody is actually saying "a boot", it's just what some people hear.
  • Reply 60 of 78
    No, it is what you say. There are several accents in the states, from the East to the South, Midwest and so forth. We never deny having any of them so why is it that Canadians always have to deny that Many of them pronounce "about" as "a-boot". Are Canadians that friggin insecure?

I'll give you that it may be regional, but considering that 90% of you live along the border, you are just gonna have to trust us when we state that you pronounce "about" as "a-boot" alot.