Samsung announces estimated $40B in revenue, $5B in profit for Q1 2012

Comments

• Reply 141 of 227
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    The Android OEM that copies Apple SHAMELESSLY - LOL right down to the very packaging, is also the one enjoying the most success. Shocker!

Samsung's CEO should get down on hands and knees, like a good little follower, and thank Apple for June 2007 and January 2010. Two dates which defined the industry's roadmap for the next decade.
  • Reply 142 of 227
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

That's your opinion.

The alternatives are junk and it shows in the end product.

Samsung's R&D also already covered by Apple, so Samsung can absorb zero percent margin as they deservingly should.

Game, set, match.....
  • Reply 143 of 227
    tooltalktooltalk Posts: 766member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

And why would you want to? Samsung is Apple's bitch. Apple and others engineer the components and then Samsung assembles them. Your argument is akin to calling the MS Xbox a Foxconn Xbox because MS outsources the assembly of their products.

Bottom line: Neither Samsung nor Apple make OR design all the components in their systems.

another hilarious comment. Sure, if Samsung is Foxconn, Apple is Wal-Mart.

Apple can't engineer jack - Apple's acquisition of Next, anobit & PA semi notwithstanding. Again, you need to remember that Apple is a glorified marketing company. Wheter you like it or not, it's becoming quite apparent that Apple has to depend more on Samsung for manufacturing and technology. Apple's new iPad for instance is about 50% Samsung. In the longer run, consumers are going to see that there is little or no difference between Samsung's smartphones marketed under its namesake or Apple's iPhones whose components are mainly made with components by Samsung. Say what you will about Apple's ecosystem, etc, etc. BS, 70% of Apple's revenue now comes from iPhone hardware sales.

Also remember, Apple, Samsung's #2 client, accounts for only 5% or so of all Samsung Electronics revenue, but Samsung is Apple's largest supplier by far ($7B last year and $11B this year), plausibly accounting for 15% to 20%. This isn't necessarily by choice - there is really no other supplier big, technical, or reliable enough to meet Apple's need. Even if Apple pumps in many billions into upgrading and building new fabs, Apple probably can't replace Samsung in foreseeable future. Contrary to your asinine comment, building fabs isn't anything like running an assembly plant at Foxconn with unskilled Chinese workers.
  • Reply 144 of 227
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Otherwise all your personal experiences with the brand are just that. . . personal.

It's "personal", until it actually echoes the factual:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57...-satisfaction/

http://9to5mac.com/2012/04/02/change...ff-the-charts/

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/08/...-satisfaction/

REALITY.

Apple is at the top of these surveys and ratings, year after year.
  • Reply 145 of 227
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,214member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

It's "personal", until it actually echoes the factual:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57...-satisfaction/

http://9to5mac.com/2012/04/02/change...ff-the-charts/

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/08/...-satisfaction/

REALITY.

Apple is at the top of these surveys and ratings, year after year.

What do any of those have to do with my comment? Yours is somewhat on-topic while mine was still being pulled away by the same truck towing the BMW, far off the road.
  • Reply 146 of 227
    mj4ev3rmj4ev3r Posts: 99member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

I once bought an iPod. What is your assessment of me?

when it comes to tastes---it's either you are a Bill Gates or a Steve Jobs!
  • Reply 147 of 227
    uguysrnutsuguysrnuts Posts: 459member
    Ahhh...the dribbling idiot or brilliant genius assessment! Tricky!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MJ4Ev3r View Post

when it comes to tastes---it's either you are a Bill Gates or a Steve Jobs!

• Reply 148 of 227
    uguysrnutsuguysrnuts Posts: 459member
    Superb, yes we know and thank you very much...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

man, yous fanbois logic is ..

• Reply 149 of 227
    Quote:

wrote off?

The damage caused to the vehicle is greater than the value of the vehicle, hence it would be written off by insurance.

That is, if he had insurance. Since he was racing on a track, insurance doesn't cover the damage. So he's out whatever the car is worth simply for being arrogant about both his andhis vehicle's capabilities.
  • Reply 150 of 227
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

I never said that most Android phones are high-end models. In fact, I said that I have never seen Android sales broken down by model, that you have not either, and that you have no idea of the proportions.

I mean REALLY.

Like all your trolling you are very subtle about what you say. You stated Android is "killing" iOS but never want to talk about whether or not their market share is based up of devices that actually compete with iOS or not. Again, a very poor attempt at trolling.

Since BMW's were brought up, do you think BMW cares how many cars Toyota sells? Not in the least since a Corolla, Prius or Camry are never going to compete with, or steal sales from BMW. However, BMW would be very interested in how many cars Lexus sells (Toyota division) as they do compete with a lot of BMW models.

Android is like Toyota. They make lots of devices from dirt cheap to high-end. Apple only makes high end. To say Android is "killing" iOS is stupid since Apple could care less about cheap devices that have no impact on their business model.

Quote:

Apple can't engineer jack - Apple's acquisition of Next, anobit & PA semi notwithstanding. Again, you need to remember that Apple is a glorified marketing company. Wheter you like it or not, it's becoming quite apparent that Apple has to depend more on Samsung for manufacturing and technology. Apple's new iPad for instance is about 50% Samsung. In the longer run, consumers are going to see that there is little or no difference between Samsung's smartphones marketed under its namesake or Apple's iPhones whose components are mainly made with components by Samsung. Say what you will about Apple's ecosystem, etc, etc. BS, 70% of Apple's revenue now comes from iPhone hardware sales.

Also remember, Apple, Samsung's #2 client, accounts for only 5% or so of all Samsung Electronics revenue, but Samsung is Apple's largest supplier by far ($7B last year and $11B this year), plausibly accounting for 15% to 20%. This isn't necessarily by choice - there is really no other supplier big, technical, or reliable enough to meet Apple's need. Even if Apple pumps in many billions into upgrading and building new fabs, Apple probably can't replace Samsung in foreseeable future. Contrary to your asinine comment, building fabs isn't anything like running an assembly plant at Foxconn with unskilled Chinese workers.

Another person who knows nothing about how products are designed.

Apple employs several thousand engineers in fields such as electrical, mechanical, LCD, software, antenna design, CPU architecture, chip design and so on. They develop products in-house and have capabilities to manufacture their own devices. Once they've finalized a design, they get someone like Foxconn to mass produce their products. Foxconn is nothing more than an assembler and have nothing to do with the design of Apple products.
  • Reply 151 of 227
    mercury99mercury99 Posts: 251member
    Quote:

...you need to remember that Apple is a glorified marketing company. Wheter you like it or not, it's becoming quite apparent that Apple has to depend more on Samsung for manufacturing and technology. Apple's new iPad for instance is about 50% Samsung.

Well said!
  • Reply 152 of 227
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

The damage caused to the vehicle is greater than the value of the vehicle, hence it would be written off by insurance.

That is, if he had insurance. Since he was racing on a track, insurance doesn't cover the damage. So he's out whatever the car is worth simply for being arrogant about both his andhis vehicle's capabilities.

More of a driver's ERROR than any fault from his car! Talking about reckless stupidity, even if he drives a Ferrari--same thing will happen...he needs to change his bad driving attitude!
  • Reply 153 of 227
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Samsung makes some pretty fantastic products, their flat screen TVs are awesome, my Galaxy Note & Galaxy 7.7" are simply stunning products. I agree that their continued support after the fact simply sucks. It is now April and I have yet to receive a Android 4.03 upgrade for either my Note or tablet. I have to fend for myself by using custom roms. I don't mind doing this as I am a professional programmer and I am damn good at it but normal customers have no option but to wait.

This is something that needs to change now. Though I do have to say their customer service is above average. When I flashed my Note with a bad rom I bricked it badly. I thought I was screwed but Samsung replaced it no questions asked and the turn around was less then 6 days.

It's good to see company's other then Apple making money but let's hire some more programmers OK Samsung, like a lot more. It's been 6 months since Android 4 was released, wake up.
  • Reply 154 of 227
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member
    Quote:

Never mind... I can see where this is going to go and I couldn't be bothered.
  • Reply 155 of 227
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Samsung makes some pretty fantastic products, their flat screen TVs are awesome, my Galaxy Note & Galaxy 7.7" are simply stunning products. I agree that their continued support after the fact simply sucks. It is now April and I have yet to receive a Android 4.03 upgrade for either my Note or tablet. I have to fend for myself by using custom roms. I don't mind doing this as I am a professional programmer and I am damn good at it but normal customers have no option but to wait.

This is something that needs to change now. Though I do have to say their customer service is above average. When I flashed my Note with a bad rom I bricked it badly. I thought I was screwed but Samsung replaced it no questions asked and the turn around was less then 6 days.

It's good to see company's other then Apple making money but let's hire some more programmers OK Samsung, like a lot more. It's been 6 months since Android 4 was released, wake up.

Normal customers buy an iPhone.
  • Reply 156 of 227
    hellacoolhellacool Posts: 759member
    Quote:

No, I will not give you my information! I assess people based on their tastes and choice of products: high quality versus low, long-term versus disposable, expensive versus cheap! I already have the 2008 Hyundai resale rating anyway--BELOW average (proves MY point) so why deal with someone like you, LOL! I am and I do!

That is funny. I have a friend who is quite wealthy, drives a piece of crap too work, wears basic clothes, nothing fancy but if he ran into you, you would judge him as inferior, yet I am sure he is far wealthier than you and more successful. Sad method of judgement, for an adult.
  • Reply 157 of 227
    Ha! I see that the haters and the trolls are particularly bored on this Good Friday. :roll eyes:

Isn't life too short to be so concerned about stuff you don't care about? But I guess some people just get off on needling others who don't think like they do for the sake of it or to kill time. Whatever turns you on...

Thought maybe there'd be an interesting discussion going on when I saw the post count for this thread but it's just the same ole trolls who have nothing better to do as usual... I'll just move on...
  • Reply 158 of 227
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alexkhan2000 View Post

Ha! I see that the haters and the trolls are particularly bored on this Good Friday. :roll eyes:

Isn't life too short to be so concerned about stuff you don't care about? But I guess some people just get off on needling others who don't think like they do for the sake of it or to kill time. Whatever turns you on...

Thought maybe there'd be an interesting discussion going on when I saw the post count for this thread but it's just the same ole trolls who have nothing better to do as usual... I'll just move on...

Until there is at least a moderate amount of moderation on AI there won't be any interesting discussions.
  • Reply 159 of 227
    peter236peter236 Posts: 254member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post

Open your iPad our iPhone. Contains Samsung chips. Buy windows phone

There is no need to open your iPhone, the screen is already made by Samsung.
  • Reply 160 of 227
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

That is funny. I have a friend who is quite wealthy, drives a piece of crap too work, wears basic clothes, nothing fancy but if he ran into you, you would judge him as inferior, yet I am sure he is far wealthier than you and more successful. Sad method of judgement, for an adult.

Assessment includes different aspects as in tastes, character, attitude, personality, behaviour, etc. He definitely is a Mr. Scrooge with inferior tastes like Gates, LOL!

BTW, you can be poor and yet have impeccable tastes, or you can be filthy rich and have Bill Gates' tastes--it's really either you have it OR you don't!