Rumor: Apple's next iPhone will be 2mm thinner with 4" screen, metal back

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 105
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Holy cow, no image limit! Now I can finally express just how hilariously wrong I find that statement to be!

So what are you planning to buy this fall, then? 

I don't believe people who post stuff like that on the forums. If they were serious, they'd go and buy a humongous screen quad-boner phone and problem solved. Getting on the Internet and complaining about how Apple doesn't cater to their geek niche is going to have zero impact.

• Reply 102 of 105
    drdoppiodrdoppio Posts: 1,132member

Quote:

Originally Posted by palegolas View Post

But... with an even taller screen like that, using it in horizontal orientation will be even less useful. I think for it to be more useful in both orientations it needs proportions more like the iPad.

You may be interested in the LG Optimus Vu then; it has exactly the aspect ratio and resolution of the iPad.

I think the longphone mockup is nice, but ideally more of the front area should be taken up by the screen. Currently, only about 57% of the iPhone front panel is LCD; comparable high-end devices have screens covering about 70%, allowing them to fit a much larger screen into an only slightly bigger body.

• Reply 103 of 105
    technarchytechnarchy Posts: 296member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd_in_sb View Post

Sadly, no matter how amazing the new 6th generation phone is, if the 7th generation uses the same form factor, many in this forum will throw a huge tantrum like they did with the iPhone 4S.

I don't think so. Everyone should be well versed in Apple's product cycle at this point.

New iteration, followed by an "S" model the next year. This model works well for Apple in terms of cost, logistics, and for support from accessory makers. I don't expect this model to change either. It also fits well for two year contract upgrades.

• Reply 104 of 105
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    drdoppio wrote: »
    You may be interested in the LG Optimus Vu then; it has exactly the aspect ratio and resolution of the iPad.

I think the longphone mockup is nice, but ideally more of the front area should be taken up by the screen. Currently, only about 57% of the iPhone front panel is LCD; comparable high-end devices have screens covering about 70%, allowing them to fit a much larger screen into an only slightly bigger body.

Yeah, there is definitely room to fit a bigger screen into virtually the same phone.
    I've noticed a lot of people prefer typing in horizontal mode.
    What orientation do you guyz prefer to type?
    I'm vertical.
    What would an even wider keyboard feel like?
    And.. no thanks to the Optimus. I prefer iOS. ;-)
  • Reply 105 of 105
    daemonkdaemonk Posts: 49member

I'll take the far side of the speculation. Two iPhones. One 3.5-3.8" with the same resolution as now. That's the largest they can go without losing their self-imposed retina definition. And one that bumps it to 4.8" at 1280 x 1920 just to be the baddest phone on the block. Starting at $299 with contract.