Apple's Siri tells users Nokia Lumia 900 is 'best smartphone ever'

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 77
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member

simsonic wrote: »
    This is a total sham. Everyone I know just tried this and we all got results for places with "Ever" nearby. Hoax anyone?
    Me too. And I haven't found a way for Siri to treat smartphone as one word.
  • Reply 62 of 77
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member

Siri, when did you smoke your last joint?

P-f-f-f-f-f-f-t.... aaaahhhh....

Siri!

...wha'???

• Reply 63 of 77

Siri keeps offering me restaurants… I think she's trying to play everyone

• Reply 64 of 77
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member

Can Apple just buy WolframAlpha and be done with these kind of problems?  Seems they need a search engine of their own and that one obviously is the one they like.  They got the cash.  Just saying.

• Reply 65 of 77
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    I'm sure we'll see more of these opinion queries get redirected to Siri's "personality" system. It's even possible that same query could have changed by now as all that can be done server-side. For thing is for certain though... [I]Siri is still Beta.[/I]
  • Reply 66 of 77
    ljocampoljocampo Posts: 657member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSquirrel View Post

The kind that was hoping to get to stroke about it in front of their friends and then got embarassed :)

Or Apple was smart enough to see that request happening, and Apple decided to put some color into that easter egg.

• Reply 67 of 77
    The Siri team is lucky Steve's not around anymore. He would have had them in the auditorium, asking "What's the best smartphone ever?"...
  • Reply 68 of 77
    majjomajjo Posts: 574member

While this great comic relief, I think it is a good case to demonstrate / explain Siri's limitations--While Siri has great speech recognition, its ability to 'understand' is only as good as the databases it plugs into.

• Reply 69 of 77
    fairthropefairthrope Posts: 249member

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuxoM3 View Post

FWIW - As a MacAddict but also Nokia Lumia 900 owner... laughing, it's funny how you poor fanboys are all up in arms over this...  :)

Isn't Lumia 900 just 800 with a front camera?

• Reply 70 of 77
    anonmacanonmac Posts: 5member
    Ok so I asked her the exact way that the article worded it " What is the best smartphone ever" and tried it about 12 times and couldn't get Siri to answer the way she did in this article...she just looks up listings with smartphone in them ..here is a pic. Maybe there is a little bit of BS hereLL

It might need to be the UK Siri. Switch Siri to UK.
  • Reply 71 of 77

When I asked: "what *was* the best smartphone ever," the lumia 900 came up.

When I asked: "what is the best smarphone now?", Siri answered "the one you are holding!"

Hillarious.

W.

• Reply 72 of 77
    joevijoevi Posts: 3member

"reliable source of Apple News and Information"

You ARE joking right? AI is to 'reliable News and Information' as MSNBC, Fox and the NYT are to 'journalism'.

• Reply 73 of 77
    nkingman wrote: »
    It does work! But only if you add Wolfram to the beginning of the question. Tested it on my iPhone 4S and confirmed.

So then Siri is only relaying the data that Wolfram is feeding it. Apparently Wolfram is now accepting payment for product placement. It's time to downgrade Wolfram as a reliable & impartial data provider

Cheers !
  • Reply 74 of 77

easy    Just go directly to Wolfram and search for iOS ... nothing really shows up and the site asks for your email to prove interest and they take it for inclusion in the future.  Once we have a mass of requests, they will respond.  Go forth and do fellow Macophiles  !!!  less complaints - more on action..

• Reply 75 of 77
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simsonic View Post

This is a total sham. Everyone I know just tried this and we all got results for places with "Ever" nearby. Hoax anyone?

Not a sham.  Its far more likely a few competitor phone vendor PR folks knew Siri would do a Wolfram Alpha search so they stuffed the ballot box so-to-speak. It only took a couple votes/"reviews" in an obscure, before Siri searched it, poll. I wouldn't doubt if someone who knew about the poll stuffing was behind "outing" Siri's response to a very specific question and context.

If anyone wants to change that answer they should just add iPhone 5 star reviews to that same Wolfram Alpha topic.  Blow up the ballot box stuffing with better data.

• Reply 76 of 77

I asked the same question and got "Wait .... There are other phones?"

• Reply 77 of 77

M$ ad company actually had a good ideal and made sure it come up that way.  Give that guy a bonus

-----------------------------------------------

[url=http://www.datanetsolutions.org/]EMR Software[/url]