Next-gen iPhone design in limbo, October launch date remains likely

13»

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 47
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Hmm888 View Post

     I will have no choice but to go with Android. The screen size of 4 inches on my current Android device and  my 3.5 inch for my iPod Touch is completely unacceptable. It makes no difference to me if my display screen is HD or this or that. Give me a 4.6 + large screen please --and no, I dont want a tablet ;)


     


    Please, please go. Bubaye!


     


    I'd like some non-glass back (carbon fiber? fullerenes? metal?) but the size of iPhone is just right to me. 4.6+ screen is ludicrous, why not have it manufactured by Antonov Phones with 16 reactors and a 200m wingspan?


     


    There are many other things that could be improved, such as the home button that functions "almost all the time" but sometimes will stop working for a few hours, at least on mine.

  • Reply 42 of 47
    fairthropefairthrope Posts: 249member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by lightknight View Post


     


    Please, please go. Bubaye!


     


     



    That's the kind of attitude that will get you lay off. And no, the term self-employed programmer/developer has been thrown around so much I cannot tell the different between the real one and slackers anymore.


     


    No offense to the real deals on this board, but I am yet to find one who can make substantial living doing that.

  • Reply 43 of 47
    fairthropefairthrope Posts: 249member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Hmm888 View Post


    Why? Unlike most people. I use my smartphone as a portable puter first. Viirtually every new Android device produced nowadays is 4.3 inches and higher. Samsung and HTC do see the need for larger screen.


    Have you seen the Samsung Note? That's more in line what I need. I spend very little time on my phone.  Given that most people use bluetooth headpieces, the size of the device is not terribly important as long as it stays at or near the sweetspot of 4.5 - 5 inches.


     


    I've been waiting two years for Apple to give us a larger screen for the iPhone. I can't wait any longer. 



    By any chance you are living in East Asia or an Easterner your self? In those places, voice calls are now an afterthought and texting and instant messengers are what they use smartphones for.


     


    Ironic or not, many smartphones aren't for making calls these days..

  • Reply 44 of 47
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Hmm888 View Post

    Why? Unlike most people. I use my smartphone as a portable puter first.


     


    Which is why tablets exist, yes. Don't expect to be able to do on a phone what should be done on a tablet or larger.


     


    Quote:


    Samsung and HTC do see the need for larger screen.



     


    "Need?" The only thing they need is stop making so many models, because they're not making any significant amount of money on any one model. But then again, I don't really care if they bankrupt themselves.


     


    Quote:



    Have you seen the Samsung Note? That's more in line what I need.



     


    A PDA from the early '90s is what you need?


     


    Quote:


    Given that most people use bluetooth headpieces, the size of the device is not terribly important as long as it stays at or near the sweetspot of 4.5 - 5 inches.



     


    Oh, so you don't actually care about how big it is… ?

  • Reply 45 of 47
    fairthropefairthrope Posts: 249member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


     


    Which is why tablets exist, yes. Don't expect to be able to do on a phone what should be done on a tablet or larger.


     



    Wifi coverage are too patchy in many places and sometimes we can afford only one phone number. There must be something convinced Samsung engineers that wifi everywhere in lieu with mobile coverage is not yet ready in real life, probably never will be. So if you know for the fact that the place you will be working has no wi-fi or poor signal, can't get another phone number for the data plan, and can't carry another tablet for whatever reason, here comes Note.


     


    Apparently there are at least 5 and a half million buyer who fits that description. Most of them are outside California.


     


    And I am sure they will remain happy with the purchase long after you steps down from the forum mod position.

  • Reply 46 of 47
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Fairthrope View Post

    Wifi coverage are too patchy in many places and sometimes we can afford only one phone number.


     


    So get a tablet with 3G.


     


    Quote:


    can't get another phone number for the data plan



     


    So get a regular phone… and a tablet.


     


    Quote:

    And I am sure they will remain happy with the purchase long after you steps down from the forum mod position.


     


    Having what to do with anything? I don't plan to step down unless I go to work for Apple.

Sign In or Register to comment.