Rumor: LG Display, AU Optronics have passed certification for 'iPad mini' LCD panels

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    anonymouse wrote: »
    Right, that's why the HIG doesn't have iPad and iPhone specific sections... except for the sections that are.

I know you never admit that you are wrong, but you simply are in this case, including the above comment. The UIs are very similar, the behaviors are very similar, but they are different, and the user experiences are different. There's nothing wrong with them being distinct, and the differences are certainly substantially less than between iOS apps as a whole and OS X apps, but they aren't identical UIs.

The site you referred me to refers to 'iOS guidelines' about a hundred times. There isn't a single instance of where Apple refers to a UI that is specific to either an iPod or iPhone.

So if Apple believes that the iPhone and iPad UI are so different, why weren't you able to find any evidence of that and why did you refer me to a site which says that they're the same?
  • Reply 42 of 43
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

The site you referred me to refers to 'iOS guidelines' about a hundred times. There isn't a single instance of where Apple refers to a UI that is specific to either an iPod or iPhone.

So if Apple believes that the iPhone and iPad UI are so different, why weren't you able to find any evidence of that and why did you refer me to a site which says that they're the same?

I think you either misunderstood or are misrepresenting what you read there, if you even read it. I already gave you a couple of major examples and there are numerous instances in that document that discuss the differences between IPad and iPhone UI. Anyone who's interested can go read it themselves and draw their own conclusions. Frankly, I find it difficult to believe that anyone who's used an iPhone and an IPad would even think to argue that the UIs are identical.

• Reply 43 of 43
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    anonymouse wrote: »
    I think you either misunderstood or are misrepresenting what you read there, if you even read it. I already gave you a couple of major examples and there are numerous instances in that document that discuss the differences between IPad and iPhone UI. Anyone who's interested can go read it themselves and draw their own conclusions. Frankly, I find it difficult to believe that anyone who's used an iPhone and an IPad would even think to argue that the UIs are identical.

Frankly, I find it difficult to believe that anyone who's used an iPhone and an IPad would even think to argue that the UIs are different.

And Apple agrees. Apple has a single iOS UI - as established by the link you provided. In fact, when Apple introduced the iPad, they made a big deal out of it having the same UI as the iPhone - specifically

There are differences, but they are minor in the UI. The UI is how you interact with your device. Other than a couple of very minor differences, the interaction of the user is the same with an iPad and iPhone.