Mitt Romney becomes first politician to use Apple's iAd service

Comments

• Reply 81 of 109
    jca666usjca666us Posts: 87member

That's why we need an iPhone with a 4" screen.

• Reply 82 of 109
    jca666usjca666us Posts: 87member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

OMG man.  Look at the size of his head.

That's why we need an iPhone with a 4" screen!

• Reply 83 of 109
    bigpicsbigpics Posts: 1,397member

Quote:

Originally Posted by studentx View Post

Canada is a territory of the US much like Putero Rico.

I haven't been to "Putero Rico" lately.  Do they play hockey, drink Molson's and talk a bit different there, wherever it is?

• Reply 84 of 109
    markbyrnmarkbyrn Posts: 661member

So now I have to look at Romney's mug instead of a blank iAd box?  Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

• Reply 85 of 109
    lerxtlerxt Posts: 186member
    Pretty obviously the admins on this forum are republicans. Why else delete a bunch of emails that poke fun at the spelling errors of Romney's campaign? These posts are not political at all, on the contrary the biggest political statement is the act of deleting the emails in the first place.
  • Reply 86 of 109
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    lerxt wrote: »
    Pretty obviously the admins on this forum are republicans. Why else delete a bunch of emails that poke fun at the spelling errors of Romney's campaign? These posts are not political at all, on the contrary the biggest political statement is the act of deleting the emails in the first place.

I think I can dig up an accusation that I'm batting for the Democrats. What would you say about that?
  • Reply 87 of 109
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I think I can dig up an accusation that I'm batting for the Democrats. What would you say about that?

You know you're doing your job right when you're called both an anti-Apple troll and a pro-Apple fanboy within the span of a few days.

And that's just in me DISCUSSING things on various websites! Not even in my moderation! image

The posts in this thread that were deleted were done so because they were outright political, pushing agendas on either side, which doesn't belong in this subform. I think Jeff would agree (I imagine he'd agree; he's the one that did the deleting). 

• Reply 88 of 109
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lerxt View Post

Does it really matter what admins in an exclusive tech oriented forum think or do with respect to a national election? We are a small minority and all of the electoral votes are already decided.

• Reply 89 of 109

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

…all of the electoral votes are already decided.

That's quite a bold statement to make before an election has even happened.

But agreed otherwise. image

• Reply 90 of 109
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

That's quite a bold statement to make before an election has even happened.

everything hence forth is just formalities 

• Reply 91 of 109

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

everything hence forth is just formalities 

So who will have won? I could really clean up on some bets.

• Reply 92 of 109
    marzetta7marzetta7 Posts: 1,323member

Romney is obviously showing ingenuity in going with the iAds. He's a pioneer, much like Steve Jobs...so much in fact that the following desktop wallpaper is obviously fitting given the news...

AppleRomney.jpg

GO Mitt in 2012! Keep the iAds coming!

• Reply 93 of 109
    lostkiwilostkiwi Posts: 639member

Deleted

• Reply 94 of 109
    lostkiwilostkiwi Posts: 639member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Then why do you think you have a say in this at all? It's your duty to vote.

I agree and it is a duty not enough people do, unfortunately - particularly the young.  If you don't vote, then I believe you have no right to complain at the stupidity of the eventual winners.. :-)

Down here in NZ I have never seen an iAd either, all I know about them is what I read here in the forum.  Political iAds seems like the sort of thing that will happen more and more as politicians realise people are spending more time online on their phones than ever before..

• Reply 95 of 109
    lerxtlerxt Posts: 186member
    Not being from the US I couldn't care less who win the election circus but it's pretty obvious that not even being able to mock Romney and his spelling challenged team is political.
  • Reply 96 of 109
    echosonicechosonic Posts: 462member

That's like saying that its not fair to blame the thief when the store owner forgot to lock the door.

• Reply 97 of 109
    robogoborobogobo Posts: 378member
    Romney needs to fire his photographer. That high noon shot is completely distracting and unflattering.
  • Reply 98 of 109
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member
    Hope Apple is getting its money up front. Political campaigns in general (this is not a partisan statement) are notorious for failing to pay their bills.
  • Reply 99 of 109
    tquilatquila Posts: 7member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kibitzer View Post

Political campaigns in general (this is not a partisan statement) are notorious for failing to pay their bills.

Indeed. They usually run out of other people's money.

• Reply 100 of 109
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    If the Romney campaign is distributing that wallpaper, I hope Apple sues him for billions for copyright violation.