Mitt Romney becomes first politician to use Apple's iAd service

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 109

One thing I know Steave Jobs did not like Republican and he seemed to like Mr. Obama according to his book.

Anyhow, The rich will be richer and the poor and middle class will be poorer under GOPs administration.

• Reply 102 of 109
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member

So let me get this straight. Apple insider posts what amounts to troll bait and has a problem with people responding in kind. I think the users should be allowed to opt out of political advertisements. 

• Reply 103 of 109
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    adonissmu wrote: »
    So let me get this straight. Apple insider posts what amounts to troll bait and has a problem with people responding in kind. I think the users should be allowed to opt out of political advertisements. 

Posting Apple-related news about a political campaign is not comparable to using it as an excuse to shit all over the thread by people with political and religious axes to grind. The article doesn't take a position for or against the man's candidacy, or mention his religion or politics. It's almost as if mentioning a politician's name is considered troll bait.
  • Reply 104 of 109
    alexmitalexmit Posts: 112member

One more place for politics and religion... My phone. I'd rather discuss it over a bottle of Jaegermeister and a carton of smokes as I detest both politics and religion.

• Reply 105 of 109
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostkiwi View Post

I agree and it is a duty not enough people do, unfortunately - particularly the young.  If you don't vote, then I believe you have no right to complain at the stupidity of the eventual winners.. :-)

In the US on a national level your vote means almost nothing since the delegates are decided by the entire state not by popular vote.  There are only a couple swing states that could make a difference, but even those are pretty much a foregone conclusion. National elections are bought months in advance, not won on election day.  You should vote though, concerning your local, city and county candidates and ballot measures because there your vote actually counts. 

• Reply 106 of 109
    rayconraycon Posts: 33member

Oooh, that's good!  I know EXACTLY what you mean.  Glad you could get your comment in first.

• Reply 107 of 109
    caliminiuscaliminius Posts: 944member

Like any proper geek, I'm voting for Cthulhu.

• Reply 108 of 109
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So who will have won? I could really clean up on some bets.

You need to cover the spread too.

• Reply 109 of 109

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conrail View Post

For someone with a schedule as heavy as Romney's (or any major politician), I imagine you shoot when you can get a chance.  If high sun is when he's available, that's what you work with.  Besides, it's a political ad, not a touching, highly personal cinematic portrait.  Five seconds in Photoshop would have made that mic go away, though.

That may be true, but a professional DP would throw up a scrim over the subject or some netting.  Heck, I've done this for "person on the street" interviews.  It takes all of five minutes to do it.  This, with the lapel mic screams "amateur hour."