Rendered photos depict assembled next-gen iPhone [u]

Comments

• Reply 61 of 82

I've read on a few Apple forums that people said this design was ugly....are they serious?

This to me is even more beautiful than the 4/4S

• Reply 62 of 82
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    magic_al wrote: »
    Is this fifth or sixth generation? Going by Apple's model identifier code the original iPhone and the iPhone 3G were the same generation, the iPhone 3GS was 2nd generation, the iPhone 4 was 3rd generation, and the iPhone 4S is fourth generation.

Model identifiers are meaningless. It's the 6th phone.
  • Reply 63 of 82
    kimk69kimk69 Posts: 77member

Yeah, I was gonna say, it didn't say rendering when I read it earlier. 

The way I read it earlier was that it was a finished put together iPhone from the far east.

Anyway, it looks pretty good though.

• Reply 64 of 82
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

A set of rendered photos depict a what fully-assembled version of Apple's 2012 iPhone may look like, based on previously leaked components ...

Why is it when someone takes all the time to make a 3D model like this they fail to make any really good renders?  

Why hard to see black instead of white?  Why not both?  Why render them in bad lighting on a cloudy day when the purpose is to see what the thing looks like?  Why render them at odd angles with ridiculous amounts of foreshortening?  Why put them in an environment where the reflections play tricks with the form and actually hide it instead of illuminate it?  

bah. /rant

• Reply 65 of 82

I actually hope that is the final design for the back. I think its really sleek!

• Reply 66 of 82

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Wow that is by far the most beautiful product render I have seen of all time. I wish Apple official product photography was like this.

Loving the sarcasm. :)

That aside; the render doesn't look realistic at all. You can tell its CGI at first glance. At least the iPhone 6 render in the article looks realistic.

• Reply 67 of 82
    yojimbo007yojimbo007 Posts: 1,165member
    No way this is the next iPhone.
    It is a design disaster .
    Aspect ratio is stupid and inconsistent with all present apps and major headache to reprogram apps to the aspect.
    Landscape mode bias is stupid! Not everyone just watches hd movies on iPhone.

The design and look is so patched up and ugly.
    No way apple would designe a patched up look like that .. When they held off on producing the white iPhone for months and months just becouse the shade of white was no just right.

Finally the elongated look it is awkward and ugly ...
    it is basically an elongated iPhone 4s.
    No new design featur ..
    Major problem if thus ever becomes reality!

I done believe it ever will.

May be a misdirection by apple to take attention away from the real design ,
    .as he said he his doubling down on security!

Also how come all these iPhone leaks are there but there isn't one leak of tge coming tv? Or was zero leaks of the next gen macpros.?
  • Reply 68 of 82
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Model identifiers are meaningless. It's the 6th phone.

Or, even better, it's the late 2012 iPhone (or, more likely, the 2012 iPhone since it's unlikely that they'll introduce more than one model per year).

yojimbo007 wrote: »
    No way this is the next iPhone.
    It is a design disaster .
    Aspect ratio is stupid and inconsistent with all present apps and major headache to reprogram apps to the aspect.
    Landscape mode bias is stupid! Not everyone just watches hd movies on iPhone.
    The design and look is so patched up and ugly.

Actually, I like it. Now that everyone has a copy of the iPhone 4, this is a distinct appearance - and quite attractive (although I can't wait for everyone claiming that Apple is trying to monopolize the color black).

As for the rest, I don't agree. While I rarely watch movies on my iPhone, when using apps I use it in landscape mode far more often then portrait mode. If I'm using it as a phone, it doesn't matter - there's little difference. But when I'm texting or playing a game or searching the Internet, I very commonly use landscape, and the extra space might well be helpful.
    yojimbo007 wrote: »
    No way apple would designe a patched up look like that .. When they held off on producing the white iPhone for months and months just becouse the shade of white was no just right.
    Finally the elongated look it is awkward and ugly ...
    it is basically an elongated iPhone 4s.
    No new design featur ..
    Major problem if thus ever becomes reality!
    I done believe it ever will.
    May be a misdirection by apple to take attention away from the real design ,
    .as he said he his doubling down on security!
    Also how come all these iPhone leaks are there but there isn't one leak of tge coming tv? Or was zero leaks of the next gen macpros.?

Has it occurred to you that maybe there are no leaks of the coming TV because there IS no TV?

Besides, your argument is the logical fallacy - Fallacy of Ignorance. The fact that no one has proven something doesn't mean that it can't be real.
  • Reply 69 of 82
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    This guy makes me ashamed for being Dutch.

PS Why don't people read the thread first before posting? Bit annoying to read rehashes and such
  • Reply 70 of 82
    gmhutgmhut Posts: 242member

"Rendered photos depict assembled next-gen iPhone"

Er, uh. "rendered" means 3D illustration. If it's "rendered" it aint a photo.

• Reply 71 of 82
    tribalogicaltribalogical Posts: 1,182member

A few things in those images struck me at first glance:

1 - in the first photo there are TWO phones… that'd be a first! 

2 - the wood strips under the phones are awfully narrow (about 1/2 inch wide or so?), and some of the lengths couldn't be more than an inch long. So what is it? Is it a table? Flooring? In either case, I'm trying to imagine both the object and the apparent locale (a construction site, maybe?), and it isn't adding up… which leads to...

3 - I couldn't help but notice the large overhead object casting shadows (and/or reflections) on the phones… is that a freeway overpass? An industrial crane? It could be notable that there is no hint of shadows from the object on the wood surface...

In the end, I decided that the images under the phones are "real" with the phone objects rendered in on top. The original wood strips are actually quite a bit larger in real life in proportion to an iPhone (also noting the wood's grain size)… The shadows/reflections on the phone of the overhead object just serve to obscure texture and other details on the phone renderings...

A great job, but I'm leaning on the side of "hoax"...

I'm also hoping this is the case. I really don't like the new "stretch" proportions of these purported iPhone 5s… I'm hoping they retain a less "long & thin" proportion, more like the current models...

• Reply 72 of 82
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    A great job, but I'm leaning on the side of "hoax"...

Because it is…
  • Reply 73 of 82
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    philboogie wrote: »

You're that easily shamed? I just don't see much there, and frankly, there's plenty of bone-headed-ness in every single demographic. With that low of a bar, there's an overwhelming amount of shame to be had.

PS Why don't people read the thread first before posting? Bit annoying to read rehashes and such

True. Some people don't even read two posts beyond a post they use to make a rant. Just to be clear, that's not about you, just something I see a lot.
  • Reply 74 of 82
    ankleskaterankleskater Posts: 1,287member

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

You're that easily shamed? I just don't see much there, and frankly, there's plenty of bone-headed-ness in every single demographic. With that low of a bar, there's an overwhelming amount of shame to be had.

True. Some people don't even read two posts beyond a post they use to make a rant. Just to be clear, that's not about you, just something I see a lot.

Why can't people respond to the article in their own words, whatever they may be, without reading every post (sometimes, there are over 100!)?

• Reply 75 of 82
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Why can't people respond to the article in their own words, whatever they may be, without reading every post (sometimes, there are over 100!)?

Granted. Still, when you put it that way, it's still silly when the article is corrected to say it's a rendering, and many hours after the correction folks are triumphantly declaring it to be a fake. It's pretty sad when the headline and the first paragraph (in bold) are left unread and they take the time to post said declaration.

If this continues, then at some point, I think Internet conversations are going to do away with words and become a means of only communicating through images.
  • Reply 76 of 82
    zeromeus wrote: »
    I'd love to see an iPhone with a 1080p screen.  Too bad that's not going to happen.  But I can always dream.

Now back to reality... I don't like the fact that the phone only got taller instead of taller and wider.  I'd prefer the original 3:2 dimension with a 4.0" screen size instead of the now 16:9 dimension which will make my apps all have black bars.  I don't mind the less dense pixel density due to screen size increase with the same resolution. On the other hand, I can't afford to upgrade this time around anyway, unless Sprint decides to let us upgrade at a discounted price like they did last Christmas.  Here's hoping they do that.  I seriously need to have LTE instead of being stuck with the super slow 0.05 Mbps that I currently get with their "3G."  I might use that to threaten them that if they don't let me upgrade to an LTE device at a reasonable upgrade price, they'll lose me as a customer as soon as my contract expires. 

Agree with you %150. Would be so UN-Apple to make al, apps run with black bars, UNLESS UPDATED. So lame.
  • Reply 77 of 82
    knightlieknightlie Posts: 282member
    They were pretty clearly CGI right from the start. And there's no way in hell Apple would release an iphone whose black finish can be scratched off like that.
  • Reply 78 of 82
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member

Quote:

Originally Posted by benanderson89 View Post

Loving the sarcasm. :)

That aside; the render doesn't look realistic at all. You can tell its CGI at first glance. At least the iPhone 6 render in the article looks realistic.

LOL I wasn't sarcastic. I don't mind it being a render of the white iPhone. Yes, even if it is CGI it's a very artistic CGI. I'm a little bored with the standard Apple product photography, as beautiful as it is.

• Reply 79 of 82
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Because it is…{a hoax}

I don't think that's quite right. A hoax is something with intent to deceive. In this case, the guy who did the rendering made it clear that he was simply taking the leaked photos of the case and rendering what the complete phone would look like. That means that the rendering is clearly based on the premise that the leaked photos are real. Basically, "if the photos of the case back are real, this is what a complete phone would look like". I don't see how that's a hoax.
  • Reply 80 of 82
    ankleskaterankleskater Posts: 1,287member

Quote:

Granted. Still, when you put it that way, it's still silly when the article is corrected to say it's a rendering, and many hours after the correction folks are triumphantly declaring it to be a fake. It's pretty sad when the headline and the first paragraph (in bold) are left unread and they take the time to post said declaration.

You've a point there. It sounds like they read the article before the edit but commented later?

Quote:

If this continues, then at some point, I think Internet conversations are going to do away with words and become a means of only communicating through images.

I'm sure we will then see duplicate images. We already see that when people quote messages with images. :)