'jOBS' actors seen on set at Steve Jobs' old Los Altos home

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
New photos show that the upcoming jOBS biopic is well underway with actors already populating their roles on-set at Steve Jobs' old Los Altos home where the first Apple computer was built.

A bearded Ashton Kutcher, who will play Jobs in the independent film, was spotted by Pacific Coast News photographers roaming the set sporting 1980s-era clothing alongside fellow actor Josh Gad in the garage where Apple was founded.

Other cast members seen on set were Matthew Modine as former Apple CEO John Sculley, Ahna O'Reilly as Jobs' ex-girlfriend Chris-Ann Brennan and an unknown actor who looks to be playing Microsoft founder Bill Gates.

The jOBS biopic is on schedule for a release later this year and is the first of two pictures to chronicle the life of the lat technology mogul.

Kutcher
Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs and Josh Gad as Steve Wozniak. | Source: Pacific Coast News

Modine
Matthew Modine will play former Apple CEO John Sculley.

Bill Gates
An unknown actor resembling Bill Gates.

A separate, relatively big-budget Sony film has Academy- and Emmy- Award winner Aaron Sorkin (The Social Network) penning the big screen adaptation of Walter Isaacson's authorized documentary. That project has also enlisted Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak as a "tutor" who will assumedly coach cast and crew on authenticity.

Sorkin recently spoke at the D10 conference and likened his film more to a painting than a photograph. The movie doesn't yet have a solid release date.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Bleh.

• Reply 2 of 26
    smiles77smiles77 Posts: 668member

I'll be interested to see both of them.

• Reply 3 of 26
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member

that picture doesn't look like Matthew Modine

• Reply 4 of 26
    jayparryjayparry Posts: 22member

Quote:

Originally Posted by quinney View Post

that picture doesn't look like Matthew Modine

Its not matthew modine at all, they are wrong - Ai better change this.

• Reply 5 of 26

Looks more like Ron Eldard than Matthew Modine.

• Reply 6 of 26
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    "Dude, where's my car?!"

"Steve, you sold it to help fund Apple, remember?"

"Oh, yeah…"

"Hey, Steve, where's my Casio?"

Also, wait, are we seeing that Gates character and Sculley show up at the Jobs' old home?

So basically they're going to turn this into "Steve Jobs and Bill Gates were working on the first computer in their garage with goofy friend Woz along for the ride. Big man CEO Sculley comes along and tries to hire them. Steve and Bill have a fight and Bill leaves. After a comical interlude, Woz decides to stay with Steve, and the two go off to Apple while Bill makes Microsoft after stealing a copy of the plans of the Apple I before he leaves."
  • Reply 7 of 26

It doesn't even make sense that Scully would be anywhere near this set or even filming at the same time these scenes were filmed.  Given that he appears to be an older character my guess would be Ronald Wayne???

• Reply 8 of 26
    [SIZE=4]This movie is an abomination before Steve.[/SIZE]
  • Reply 9 of 26

fLOP

• Reply 10 of 26
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    I hate to judge something before it's made but this looks awful on so many levels.
  • Reply 11 of 26
    bilbo63bilbo63 Posts: 285member

Quote:

Originally Posted by megadeth7 View Post

My thoughts exactly. It's most definitely not Matthew Modine and I agree it looks an awful lot like Ron Elgard. Well played good sir!

• Reply 12 of 26
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Quote:

Originally Posted by megadeth7 View Post

You're right.

• Reply 13 of 26
    Two things that prove this will be an iFAIL:
    1) Ashton Kutcher.
    2) Shooting on location. Real actors don't need to "feel" a sense of authenticity. This is simply being done to avoid creating any sets and get away with crappy photography.. I wonder if the actors are wearing used clothing, too.
  • Reply 14 of 26
    I have worked with Ron Eldard, and that's definitely him. Although, Modine has aged and become rugged these days and is sporting a similar vibe recently: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2302324992/nm0000546
  • Reply 15 of 26
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    megadeth7 wrote: »

That's because it is.

• Reply 16 of 26
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member

What's with the lowercase J in the title?

• Reply 17 of 26
    payecopayeco Posts: 581member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd_in_sb View Post

What's with the lowercase J in the title?

I wish I could figure this out too.

• Reply 18 of 26

It's going to seem really odd seeing Steve Jobs doing his impression of Ashton Kutcher pretending he is Steve Jobs.

• Reply 19 of 26

The photo of "An unknown actor resembling Bill Gates." is so bad! Everyone knows Bill Gates didn't wash and comb his hair until he started dating his future wife.

• Reply 20 of 26

There is so such place as "Los Altos."  There is Palo Alto and there is Los Gatos, but not Los Altos.  I'm not positive, but I think Apple was conceived in Palo Alto.