Samsung's 'Easy Phone Sync' helps users switch from iOS to Galaxy

Comments

• Reply 81 of 115
    Sorry, "Robin", I'm not associated with Samsung (or any other electonics company).
    I despise group-think, and there is so much among Apple's customers as evidenced here.

Just think, if people were honest with themselves and though for themselves they would get better products- regardless of which company they patronize.

I made a switch to Galaxy after giving it a free and fair shot. That's all. Don't you wonder what you are missing? Even screen navigation is easier on my S2. That's not to mention the larger screen.
    Apple may provide good customer service but it really does not listen to its customers.

Why are you so fanatical about Apple products and unwilling to criticize, "Robin", unless you have a ve$ted interest in Apple.
  • Reply 82 of 115
    I switched from iPhone to Samsung.
    The Samsung UI is fine. Sure, takes a few days of getting rid of the old iOS habits. But then, anytime you venture outside something is different. For most of us.
  • Reply 83 of 115
    You don't have to hate something to realize another product is worth a try and, possibly buying.
    Think different. Not here, I guess.
  • Reply 84 of 115
    To all of you bashing Samsung:
    Show receipts proving you have used a Samsung product beyond five minutes at Radio Shack while waiting for your mom to drive you home.
    Then you can provide some informed opinions.
    I used an iPhone for nearly three years. I've switched to a Galaxy s2 and it's great.
    I have the proof.
    Apple is like a cult. If you have faith you will believe anything w/o question.
  • Reply 85 of 115
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    I used an iPhone for nearly three years. I've switched to a Galaxy s2 and it's great.
    I have the proof.
    You don't have any proof, you just an opinion. Now you can say it's an undeniable truth that you find the Galaxy S2 a better fit for your needs over the iPhone and no can reasonably argue with you but the reasons you find it better are your opinions and do not in any way equate to a truth about the products themselves.
  • Reply 86 of 115

Quote:

Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

So true. Just for kicks, I occasionally [do something that] pretty much guarantees a puke session.

There is a saying that taste is acquired.

There is a joke here somewhere.

• Reply 87 of 115
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizSandford View Post

Multiple posts of reasonable sounding loads of shit that sound as if they were directly copied out of a sales brochure

I ain't buying it, to the astroturfer block list you go.

• Reply 88 of 115
    Once I can get back to an iPhone, the only thing I'll be missing is android os companies intentionally not letting me upgrade my os in an attempt to force me to move to a new android phone. Backfired completely, as that pushes me directly back to Apple and iPhone iOS so I won't be 2+ years behind.
  • Reply 89 of 115
    mike_tmike_t Posts: 15member
    I am a Mac user. Own a MacBook, iPad2, an iPod Mini. Have happily owned an iphone 3g, 3gs, and up until 4 months ago, an iPhone 4. I switched to an AT&T Galaxy S2. Why? Primarily because of the 4.3" screen. My 45-yr-old eyes need reader glasses for small print. Sorry, but the larger screen really makes a difference.

Now, which I prefer? Well, on the whole, I'd say iOS is the superior platform. The attention to detail, easy to use interface, Integration with other Apple products, app store and stringent design specs for apps make iOS practically trouble-free and easy to use. But I think the biggest advantage is lack of interference from the carriers. An iPhone is an iPhone, no matter what carrier you are on or which version you are using. No bloatware, custom logos or interface tampering. Which means OS updates roll out for everone at the same time, even to a 2yr old 3GS. This is a big Achilles heel for Android. The problem with Android isn't the OS, rather the carrier's meddling. I actually learned how to root the phone for the sole purpose of removing the AT&T apps and updating the OS (which I'm glad I did). Prob spent a couple of evenings to do so, wasn't novice-easy, but wasnt terribly difficult either.

The S2 (and Android) does have its positives, if you are willing to work a bit. I've always used Google's services, so setting up my S2 was as easy as entering my account info during setup. Homescreen widgets are another. I like having a weather, calander, and to-do widget on my Homescreen. My most important info looking at me as I turn the phone on, don't have to open a single app. The stock apps can be replaced too. Don't like the SMS app? Download another! Same with web browsers, media players, even the onscreen keyboard! But unlike iOS I can make the apps I download the default apps. Safari and Mail are fine apps, but you can't replace them. iOS will always call them up when needed. And my S2 can sync to iTunes over wifi just fine, with the help of the iSyncr app. I can also easily download from Amazon mp3, then upload my purchases to the desktop where it syncs with iTunes. Try that with iOS. Did you know there is a Remote app for Android? Works just as well as its iOS counterpart. And so on... I do like this S2.

But at the end of the day, I'm really hoping the rumors are true about the 4" iPhone 5. My eyes would love it, and I'd switch back. The simple ease of use is unbeatable. Though I would definitely miss my widgets :-)
  • Reply 90 of 115

Wow, I've been reading all these comments from IPhone fanboys and I just had to comment. The amount of misinformation is astounding.

My favorite comment that I keep reading is "It just works". What does that even mean? Can any of you guys come up with a specific case in which IPhone "Just Works", but Android doesn't? I can understand the fluidity arguement, up until you compare fluidity to the Galaxy S3, which is on-par with IPhone.

I know people are going to say that all Android apps force close and they're buggy, and that's a bunch of malarky. The Google Play store has been updated where developers now have more control over and can target a specific OS version. So If I'm using Gingerbread, but an app is developed for ICS, it won't even show up for me to download on the Play Store.

Someone replied to a post about Android users being smarter with a link to an article (From MacDaily, big shocker) where they showed how IPhone users are more intelligent, and they showed a bunch of more likely or least likely scenarios based on their data. A few things caught my attention. IPhone users more likely to be early adopters 50%. What this tells me is the next best IPhone that comes out you guys scoop up. This means you're up in the latest tech for your product. Android on the other hand has many devices ranging from High end to Low end smartphones. What ends up happening is you have people that buy either prepaid phones or low end phones. These are your average joes that just want to have a decent phone to play games here and there and are not all up on technology. It is also a well known fact that IPhone is for the ones that can afford it, and has a level of "prestige" to it. However in terms of tech savy individuals, I don't think IPhone users in general are the tech savy crowd, and infact, the phone is specifically designed for the non-tech savy, which is it's selling point. The it just works arguement happens when non-tech savy IPhone users get tired of the high price tag and try to go to Android expecting to click on the little "Music" icon and finding any song they want. Instead, you have to actually go to the Play store and find the music, or choose Amazon MP3's, or other services which are to your likeing (Freedom of choice is good regardless of what you fanboys say). This extra step, while tech savy individuals fully understand and can grasp this concept, it coinsidentally escapes the mind of the non-tech savy Apple user and in turn they immediately go back to Apple's spoon fed world.

It's important to understand the "prestige" of Blackberry was it's simplicity and it's high dollar price tag, as we can see, it can only get you so far. Technology is moving quickly and even if you fanboys can't see it in your little Apple Insider, IPhone is about 2 generations behind current technology, both in terms of functionality and hardware. IPhone 5 will be no different, it will do minor improvements that will wow you guys, but obviously the rest of the tech world will know it's just going to play catch up to Android (And will soon be playing catchup to Windows Phone 8 given the leaps in functionality they are accomplishing in such short period of time). Hell, even Blackberry's new BB10 has a sexy UI, if only it had a better catalog of apps.

• Reply 91 of 115
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizSandford View Post

To all of you bashing Samsung:

Show receipts proving you have used a Samsung product beyond five minutes at Radio Shack while waiting for your mom to drive you home.

Then you can provide some informed opinions.

I have the proof.

Apple is like a cult. If you have faith you will believe anything w/o question.

I've have used a Samsung Galaxy SII for more than five minutes and, although I do admit that to waiting for LizSandford's mum to drive me home when I checked it out, I believe my opinion still merits consideration.

It replicates the basic functionality of an iPhone, without any of the refinement.

"I used an iPhone for nearly three years. I've switched to a Galaxy s2 and it's great.

I have the proof.

So, Liz, basically you're saying that you have no taste, and that you have proof?

That's great for you.

Keep it up.

Right up.

• Reply 92 of 115

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

I've have used a Samsung Galaxy SII for more than five minutes and, although I do admit that to waiting for LizSandford's mum to drive me home when I checked it out, I believe my opinion still merits consideration.

It replicates the basic functionality of an iPhone, without any of the refinement.

"I used an iPhone for nearly three years. I've switched to a Galaxy s2 and it's great.

I have the proof.

So, Liz, basically you're saying that you have no taste, and that you have proof?

That's great for you.

Keep it up.

Right up.

The ignorance of some of the posters on here is unbelievable. I mean that in all definitions of the word ignorance.

Leave the personal crap out of it, make our point, if you're able. An insult does not equate to an argument.

• Reply 93 of 115
    hunterhp wrote: »
    I know people are going to say that all Android apps force close and they're buggy, and that's a bunch of malarky. The Google Play store has been updated where developers now have more control over and can target a specific OS version. So If I'm using Gingerbread, but an app is developed for ICS, it won't even show up for me to download on the Play Store.

Therein lies the rub. WHY can I not get ICS on my less than 2 year old (from actual release) EVO? Because Android is the most fragmented idea known to man. It is because Android is so fragmented that I will be forced to go back to iPhone, where I can have the same options of everyone using my OS. Fanboy has nothing to do with it...I have devices across the spectrum (windows, Mac, android, apple, dell, hp, etc)...and when I buy a device, I expect it to stay relevant for more than two years. Example...I bought a top of the line laptop two years ago. If I could not keep windows 7 updated past today, I would be a little ticked. So, if my top of the line Android smart phone from two years ago can no longer be updated, it is pretty good evidence of what is wrong with Android. Seems to me you might be the fanboy in this argument since you are unwilling to admit Andoird's biggest flaw...
  • Reply 94 of 115
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliSpecGT View Post

Therein lies the rub. WHY can I not get ICS on my less than 2 year old (from actual release) EVO? Because Android is the most fragmented idea known to man. It is because Android is so fragmented that I will be forced to go back to iPhone, where I can have the same options of everyone using my OS. Fanboy has nothing to do with it...I have devices across the spectrum (windows, Mac, android, apple, dell, hp, etc)...and when I buy a device, I expect it to stay relevant for more than two years. Example...I bought a top of the line laptop two years ago. If I could not keep windows 7 updated past today, I would be a little ticked. So, if my top of the line Android smart phone from two years ago can no longer be updated, it is pretty good evidence of what is wrong with Android. Seems to me you might be the fanboy in this argument since you are unwilling to admit Andoird's biggest flaw...

Which EVO and carrier?

EDIT: I noticed you're viewing the thread but not answering. You do personally have an HTC Evo, correct?

• Reply 95 of 115

Perhaps there are some who visit here that do own an HTC handset (or simply wish to know what the facts are) and think they've been left out of updates. Fear not, as it appears most of the better HTC handsets released over the past couple of years are on the schedule to receive Android 4.x.

http://www.htc.com/www/help/android4faq/?cid=android4blog

• Reply 96 of 115
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    Perhaps there are some who visit here that do own an HTC handset (or simply wish to know what the facts are) and think they've been left out of updates. Fear not, as it appears most of the better HTC handsets released over the past couple of years are on the schedule to receive Android 4.x.

http://www.htc.com/www/help/android4faq/?cid=android4blog

That's the most clear and concise list I've seen from an Android-based vendor.
  • Reply 97 of 115

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

That's the most clear and concise list I've seen from an Android-based vendor.

I agree. Here's Samsung's list in comparison

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00046726&fm_seq=49755

Then there's Motorola:

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

• Reply 98 of 115

While I consider myself an Apple "fanboy", I will admit windows as well as non-apple phones are starting to catch up and in some cases pass the functionality of Apple products. However what people don't always understand is when you buy an Apple product, you are dealing with a better COMPANY. The way Apple is run, they truly care about the consumer. Any problem, go to the genius', if you don't live near an Apple Store, call Apple Care. They will help you out with the problems you have, and some you did't realize you had. Customer service is probably the main reason I have ZERO intention of leaving Apple products.

• Reply 99 of 115
    macbook promacbook pro Posts: 1,605member
    Incredible concept, some Android-based "smartphones" may be upgraded at some time in the future despite having one week left to meet their self-proclaimed deadline (in some instances) for a operating system which is already eight months old. Huzzah!

Apple has an almost unbelievably high customer retention rate of 89% which is the result of (1):

[LIST]
    [*] Apple customer satisfaction for iPhone 4S which is rated at an insanely high 96% satisfaction rate (2) and;
    [*] Apple hardware receiving software updates the same day as released with high adoption rates almost immediately (3) and;
    [*] Apple iPhone hardware competitive performance-wise with competitor products that have 150% greater CPU clock speeds and 200% more RAM (4) and;
    [*] Apple's best-in-class smartphone reliability (5) and;
    [*] Apple iCloud free mail, calendars and contacts and;
    [*] Apple iCloud 5 GB free storage which enables bookmarks, calendars, contacts, data & document, email, notes, to-do lists synchronization across devices and platforms and;
    [*] Apple iTunes offering premium apps (the top 100 paid apps) at a lower cost than Google Play (the top 100 paid apps) (6) and;
    [*] Apple privacy and security as evidenced by only two significantly successful malware threats in the last ten years (MacDefender and Flashback) across their entire product line and;
    [*] Apple iCloud seamless synchronization of Apps, audiobooks, Books, calendars, contacts, movies, music, podcasts, TV shows in the cloud and;
    [*] Apple iTunes seamless synchronization of Apps, audiobooks, Books, calendars, contacts, movies, music, podcasts, and TV shows between iOS and OS X or Microsoft Windows and;
    [*] Apple iTunes in the Cloud provides free, unlimited perpetual storage and access on-demand to the entire catalog of purchased movies, music and TV shows and;
    [*] Apple's market leading ecosystem with:
    [/LIST]

[INDENT][LIST]
    [*] 28 million DRM-free songs worldwide (many encoded as 256 kbit/s AAC)
    [*] 1,000,000+ podcasts (USA)
    [*] 40,000+ music videos (USA)
    [*] 3,000+ TV shows (USA)
    [*] 20,000+ audiobooks (USA)
    [*] 2,500+ movies (USA)
    [*] 725,700 App Store Apps with more than 25 billion downloads
    [*] Apple has more than 70% of the market share for digital music downloads
    [/LIST][/INDENT]

1. Neil Hughes. Published September 22, 2011. http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/09/22/apples_iphone_has_89_retention_rate_next_nearest_hardware_is_htc_at_39.html. [I]Apple Insider[/I]. Retrieved June 24, 2012.
    2. Unattributed. Published December 1, 2011.http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/12/01/iphone_4s_is_apples_most_popular_phone_yet_with_96_satisfaction_rate.html. [I]Apple Insider[/I]. Retrieved June 24, 2012.
    3. Josh Ong. Published November, 8, 2011. http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/11/08/ios_5_adoption_on_iphone_nears_38_but_ipod_touch_lags_behind_at_12.html. [I]Apple Insider[/I]. Retrieved June 24, 2012.
    4. Anand Lal Shimpi and Brian Klug. Published October 31, 2011. http://www.anandtech.com/show/4971/apple-iphone-4s-review-att-verizon/4. [I]Anandtech[/I]. Retrieved June 24, 2012.
    5. Austin Sands and Vince Tseng. Published November 3, 2010. http://www.squaretrade.com/cell-phone-comparison-study-nov-10. [I]Square Trade[/I]. Retrieved June 24, 2012.
    6. Michelle Maisto. Published February 24, 2012. http://mobile.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/iPhone-Apps-Are-Cheaper-than-Android-Report-321632/. [I]eWeek[/I]. Retrieved June 24, 2012.

TLDR:

Apple has [B][I]best-in-class customer satisfaction, best-in-class customer service, best-in-class ecosystem, best-in-class software update adoption rates, best-in-class smartphone performance[/I][/B] for at least six months following release of new hardware and, [B][I] best-in-class smartphone reliability[/I][/B]. These key indicators along with easy-to-configure integration and synchronization; a responsive (low latency), intuitive user interface (skeumorphic design) and; strict design principles are the definition of "It Just Works."
  • Reply 100 of 115
    macbook promacbook pro Posts: 1,605member
    Double Post