Apple disagrees with new Italian warranty ruling, files appeal

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    hkz wrote: »
    So what you're basically saying is that you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation?
    Actually, it means basically that you are an idiot and cannot read/understand simple sentences.
    Why should/would Apple warranty a product simply because you have a contract with another company else?
  • Reply 62 of 63
    hkzhkz Posts: 190member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

Actually, it means basically that you are an idiot and cannot read/understand simple sentences.

Why should/would Apple warranty a product simply because you have a contract with another company else?

Because they sell a device in their stores and online that comes with a two year service contract. How is that so hard to understand? Do you have a learning or reasoning disability? I mean that in no offense, it just seems that anyone with common sense would understand why a device tied to a two year service contract should work for the entire time without the end user having to pay to have any problems that aren't caused by their own negligence. I ask you, why shouldn't Apple make a device that is guaranteed to work for the entire life of the contract that it is tied to? If I buy something that Apple produces that requires another service to work, and one they twisted the arm of to get onto the very competitive market, I expect it to work without fault for the entire time I'm obligated to use it. Is your problem that you think Apple can't make a device that will work without fail for two years? I think they most certainly can and they should stand by their superior quality by telling customers that if it doesn't work faultlessly for the entire service contract life, they will either fix or replace it at no cost. I know that people can, and do abuse their electronics, but they already have terms and conditions that cover this. Apple offering a two year warranty would do nothing other than bolster their already stellar reputation. I expect ALL phone manufacturers to offer this warranty, not just Apple. If someone sells you a cell phone, it should last the entire life of the service contract you sign when you buy it. Not really that hard to understand.

Also, I could probably understand your sentences better if you didn't write like an idiot. Before you call me an idiot for not having what you consider an adequate reading level, you might want to write coherently.

• Reply 63 of 63
    hungoverhungover Posts: 603member

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKZ View Post

Because they sell a device in their stores and online that comes with a two year service contract. How is that so hard to understand? Do you have a learning or reasoning disability? I mean that in no offense, it just seems that anyone with common sense would understand why a device tied to a two year service contract should work for the entire time without the end user having to pay to have any problems that aren't caused by their own negligence. I ask you, why shouldn't Apple make a device that is guaranteed to work for the entire life of the contract that it is tied to? If I buy something that Apple produces that requires another service to work, and one they twisted the arm of to get onto the very competitive market, I expect it to work without fault for the entire time I'm obligated to use it. Is your problem that you think Apple can't make a device that will work without fail for two years? I think they most certainly can and they should stand by their superior quality by telling customers that if it doesn't work faultlessly for the entire service contract life, they will either fix or replace it at no cost. I know that people can, and do abuse their electronics, but they already have terms and conditions that cover this. Apple offering a two year warranty would do nothing other than bolster their already stellar reputation. But I guess when you slob Apple knob you can't see past the end of your own nose. I expect ALL phone manufacturers to offer this warranty, not just Apple. If someone sells you a cell phone, it should last the entire life of the service contract you sign when you buy it. Not really that hard to understand.

Also, I could probably understand your sentences better if you didn't write like an idiot. Before you call me an idiot for not having what you consider an adequate reading level, you might want to write coherently.

Whilst i have sympathy for your argument, Apple are not technically selling you the contract. IMO there is a degree of buck passing (after-all they are getting paid commission). I agree that phones should be offered with limited two year guarantees as standard and find it difficult to see why some many members feel that such a move would be negative. At a minimum, perhaps the phone service providers should offer the service (when they are the ones selling you the phone).