Nielsen: Android growth outpaces iOS in U.S. amid smartphone adoption boom

Comments

• Reply 61 of 139
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    1M activations PER SECOND.

According to Google, the same Google who lied to users when they told them they weren't being tracked in Safari, the same Google who lied to regulators about how much data their Street View spy program was collecting and that it was "inadvertent", the same Google who claimed they were 100% in support of net neutrality while they were conspiring behind the scenes with Verizon to kill it, and so on, and so on.

When hasn't Google lied?
  • Reply 62 of 139
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    I switched from iPhone to Galaxy 2. Great phone, easy to use.
    Initiallly I just thought I'd try it and return it but it was so much better than the iPhone that it's a keeper.

Really, Ms. Android user? Tell us more! We're willing to forgo logic and our established systems to just… jump into Android regardless of its utility in our–I can't do this; I'm sorry…
  • Reply 63 of 139
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizSandford View Post

Initiallly I just thought I'd try it and return it but it was so much better than the iPhone that it's a keeper.

Did Samsung give you one as part of your job?

World English Dictionary

astroturfing  (?æstr???t??f??) 

— n

a PR tactic used in politics and advertising in which actors are paid to display overt and apparently spontaneous grassroots support for 

particular product, policy, or event.

[C21: from Astroturf the artificial grass, as this is artificial grassroots support]

'astroturfer

— n

Source

• Reply 64 of 139
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

OK. Now try it *without* the anecdote.

Here. Let me try.

I switched from [insert phone name.] Great phone, easy to use.
    Initiallly I just thought I'd try it and return it but it was so much better than the [insert phone name] that it's a keeper.

Now what?
  • Reply 65 of 139

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

.... In fact, there's no Android phone that outsells the iPhone 4S.

Why is that so important to you?

What will you do if/when this is not the case anymore? Suicide?

• Reply 66 of 139

S3 wins the day!

Keep the hate and racism coming, isheep!

• Reply 67 of 139
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    jragosta wrote: »

But even THAT isn't the real issue. The real issue is that I've used Android phones and they're garbage. Slow, choppy performance, OS fragmentation, crappy apps, and so on. And of all the Android phones that my family has owned, there was only one that was ever upgradeable (Android 2.2 to 2.3).

F.U.D. ... and very little else.
  • Reply 68 of 139
    fredaroonyfredaroony Posts: 619member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoreaFighting View Post

Why is that so important to you?

What will you do if/when this is not the case anymore? Suicide?

No, he will come up with some witty car analogy that will explain everything perfectly to you :)

• Reply 69 of 139

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

F.U.D. ... and very little else.

You expected anything else from that poster? 

• Reply 70 of 139

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

The display size is about halfway between the Nokia 800 and Nokia 900 of the same body design. It's poly-carbornate, which is technically plastic, but it's not a cheap plastic. It's like comparing Apple's poly-carb products to the standard PC plastic cases. It's not as dense feeling as the iPhone, which admittedly feels solid, but It's a solid phone. I'm quite a fan of Nokia's design and MS's WinPh7.x OS. Not enough to switch from the iPhone and iOS but enough to say that if I couldn't choose the iPhone I'd definitely go with a Lumia 800.

Yes its a great design although I prefer the N9 because of Meego over Windows but its dead in the water. Real shame as Nokia might have had something there.

• Reply 71 of 139
    IMO, you lost all credibility when you said all android phones are garbage. Even as an owner of all apple products, I will admit there are some great android phones out there. The HTC one X, GS3, Rzor Maxx are all great phones. Even the Nexus is a pretty good phone. You can an apple fan and honest at the same time.
  • Reply 72 of 139

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

No, he will come up with some witty car analogy that will explain everything perfectly to you :)

Seriously.

I just started to read this forum a couple of days ago and at first I thought the fanboyism was quite funny -- but now, I am quite disturbed by the blind fanaticism, twisting of reality, and brainwashing.

I really does feel like cult. Scary.

And all the over mobile phones? I don't even remember what brand my previous phone was.

Fortunately, for most iPhone users their phone is just a phone.

Scary:

Scary.

• Reply 73 of 139
    fuwafuwafuwafuwa Posts: 163member

Quote:

S3 wins the day!

... [boring video] ...

Most Korean girls are fake, they perform heavy plastic surgery. Just like plastic S3.

• Reply 74 of 139

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuwafuwa View Post

Most Korean girls are fake, they perform heavy plastic surgery.

Haha! Like I said, keep the hate and racism coming...

• Reply 75 of 139
    fuwafuwafuwafuwa Posts: 163member

Quote:

Haha! Like I said, keep the hate and racism coming...

No, actually I like Korean thigh than European, but the problem is their face is fake.

• Reply 76 of 139

Quote:

Seriously.

I just started to read this forum a couple of days ago and at first I thought the fanboyism was quite funny -- but now, I am quite disturbed by the blind fanaticism, twisting of reality, and brainwashing.

I really does feel like cult. Scary.

And all the over mobile phones? I don't even remember what brand my previous phone was.

Fortunately, for most iPhone users their phone is just a phone.

Scary:

Scary.

Yes it is quite scary and bordering on psychotic. There are some quite decent posters and only a few nutjobs though.

They haven't quite realised that its ok to like Apple and other brands at the same time.

• Reply 77 of 139

Quote:

Originally Posted by therealestmc View Post

IMO, you lost all credibility when you said all android phones are garbage. Even as an owner of all apple products, I will admit there are some great android phones out there. The HTC one X, GS3, Rzor Maxx are all great phones. Even the Nexus is a pretty good phone. You can an apple fan and honest at the same time.

Thats assuming that poster had any to begin with...

• Reply 78 of 139
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    S3 wins the day!

Baiting. (just another infraction and you should get banned)

Hypocrisy and a personal attack. (just another infraction and you should get banned)

<object width="640" height="390" data=""><param name="movie" value="">
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
    <!--[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]--></object>
    This is just you trying to bait some more but I love this music video. It's fun.
  • Reply 79 of 139
    waybacmacwaybacmac Posts: 309member

Quote:

S3 wins the day!

W-a-a-a-l-l-l, now I'm totally convinced of the superiority of the Samsung Galaxy. Yes sir! Apple needs to step up their game and get a chorus of young dancers and singers. Clearly Apple is way behind in this critical technological area. Get your groove on, Apple. iPHONE THE MUSICAL! Now! Heck, even Microsoft has a famous dancer on their team ;-D  ().

• Reply 80 of 139
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member

Slightly off-topic, but I do wonder what would have happened to Apple if Jobs hadn't realised that chasing marketshare was nowhere near as important as chasing profits.

I have no doubt at all that Android has a greater marketshare (though I don't seem to see as many), and I have no doubt this will continue.

But what will prevent the Android market from reaching the same 'no profits/no innovation/race to the bottom' that afflicted the PC market?