UK judge rules Apple must advertise Samsung did not copy the iPad

Comments

• Reply 201 of 315
    fredaroonyfredaroony Posts: 619member

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Thank you for elevating the discussion.?

What exactly have you added of any value at all?

• Reply 202 of 315

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarquisMark View Post

That's the thing about design patents that always confuses me. Since you make a car analogy, I have a couple examples: A Chrysler 300m looks like Bentley, Hyundai Genesis looks a lot like a Mercedes Benz, Honda NSX looks like a Ferrari. I'd say those are just as similar as the iPad is to the Galaxy. Why don't we see a lot more of these suits?

IANAL so just trying to understand.

Originally Posted by sleepy3 View Post

DARN IT!!!!

STOP WITH THE FACTS ALREADY! We don't take kindly to those around here.

But i must say, to me the genesis says more Acura than mercedes. Also, see the f430 and mclaren mp4-12

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01771/McLaren-MP4-12C-1_1771192b.jpg

http://lasvegasnevadaexoticcarrentals.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/ferrari-f430-las-vegas.jpg

Not to mention that pretty much every post-war car resembled each other.

But even more than that, I still can't tell the difference between two HDTV's, they all look alike (will be interesting to see how Apple can make a non-rectangular, sharp edged TV)

And is it me, or do Ferragamo wingtips look like a copy of Gucci wingtips?

If i was Ferragamo, I would sue the snot out of Gucci. I mean, Ferragamo cannot be the developer of the shoe world. They are all for innovation, but they can not allow competitors to steal their ideas.

Indeed. This is AppleInsider. Fact have no place here. (i kid... i kid).

But seriously you're right, every flat panel TV and PC monitor looks the same. I couldn't tell a Samsung from a Sony or ViewSonic. Why don't these companies sue each other? I can't even think of who was first (Sony?).

• Reply 203 of 315
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

It was reversed in Australia.....

The injunction on the sale of Tabs was reversed, the case is still proceeding through the courts.

No-one really wants them much anyway.

• Reply 204 of 315
    jcallowsjcallows Posts: 150member

wasn't jonathan ive just knighted?  doesn't that mean anything?

• Reply 205 of 315

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

The injunction on the sale of Tabs was reversed, the case is still proceeding through the courts.

No-one really wants them much anyway.

You know the sales figures for Australia or are you just making up things as usual?

• Reply 206 of 315
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    So when did Apple put anything on their website or in the papers claiming Samsung copied the iPad design? So why in the world would they be required to do that now saying Samsung didn't copy the iPad? I don't remember Apple being convicted of libel.
  • Reply 207 of 315
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member

Quote:

You know the sales figures for Australia or are you just making up things as usual?

For a bunch of thoroughly fact-free posts -- which is all you've done in this thread (I haven't had the stomach to look up your past posts, but I think I have a fairly decent idea) -- you sure do throw your weight around, internet guy! 

• Reply 208 of 315

Quote:

For a bunch of thoroughly fact-free posts -- which is all you've done in this thread (I haven't had the stomach to look up your past posts, but I think I have a fairly decent idea) -- you sure do throw your weight around, internet guy! 

lol keep making my point for me champ!

• Reply 209 of 315
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member

Indeed. This is AppleInsider. Fact have no place here. (i kid... i kid).

But seriously you're right, every flat panel TV and PC monitor looks the same. I couldn't tell a Samsung from a Sony or ViewSonic. Why don't these companies sue each other? I can't even think of who was first (Sony?).

At least partly because those companines don't have the design or technology patents on which to base such an action.

Whether or not Apple should have been granted some of their patents is a reasonable, but moot, question. The patents were granted and Apple would be negligent if they did not defend them, especially since it is pretty clear to many people (but not all - obviously) that Apple single-handedly created the current tablet market (and were ridiculed for it at the outset by much of the industry - which rather devalues the argument that it was obvious and would have happened anyway) and their hardware and software were subsequently largely copied when it became apparent that they were, after all, successful.
  • Reply 210 of 315

Quote:

lol keep making my point for me champ!

What "point"? The fact that Apple had to post as bond some pathetic, deeply-embarrassing-to-Samsung sum of money to compensate for lost sales of the Tab (in the US), in the event of a judgment against it? What makes you think that Australia could be any different, mate? Any remotely relevant evidence you can cite?

C'mon, at the end of the day, it is a rather sad product that you and your kind are defending. If that gives you the jollies, carry right on!

• Reply 211 of 315

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

I don't know why don't f u c k off and go somewhere else instead if you're that bothered because you certainly aren't welcome here

Should I be more libellous towards that judge?

Will that get me a trip to the land of Lizzie and her family of the World's richest dole bludgers.

C'mon you said I'd get a trip to London to see the Queen because the British courts have that power over what I say on forums.

• Reply 212 of 315

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

You can f u c k off to...

..Australia.

As the judge said to my ancestor in the 1770's.

• Reply 213 of 315

Quote:

I'm just going on all the iPads I sell and the fact that we never bothered restocking Tabs because no-one ever asks for them.

• Reply 214 of 315

Oh, I dare some idiotic British judge to try. image

• Reply 215 of 315

Quote:

I'm just going on all the iPads I sell and the fact that we never bothered restocking Tabs because no-one ever asks for them.

Don't confuse him with actual evidence. 

• Reply 216 of 315

Quote:

Oh, I dare some idiotic British judge to try. image

We got rid of appeals to the Privy Council as the highest ruling court a few decades ago.

British judges have no say about law in Australia, although I think you can still appeal to our Queen.

• Reply 217 of 315

Quote:

Amazon best sellers disagree with you, I am afraid:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/pc/

• Reply 218 of 315

Quote:

Don't confuse him with actual evidence. 

Please....some retail sales droid saying he hasn't sold any means nothing.

• Reply 219 of 315

Quote:

Let me guess...Dick Smith or JBHIFI? It's not possible that you are in any kind of management level since you know zero about Australian consumer law so I put you as a young naive sales droid on the floor of a standard retailer.

• Reply 220 of 315

Quote:

Let me guess...Dick Smith or JBHIFI? It's not possible that you are in any kind of management level since you know zero about Australian consumer law so I put you as a young naive sales droid on the floor of a standard retailer.

Get off your high horse, and please go somewhere else. Your posts are really getting to be ridiculously offensive at this point, and you have completely derailed this thread. I can assure you that you are not piling up good karma around here. Folks remember.