Court denies second Samsung attempt to stay Galaxy Tab injunction

Comments

• Reply 21 of 46
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    e_veritas wrote: »
    Fortunately, this comment doesn't even need a retort......

..... says the retort. Lol.
  • Reply 22 of 46
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    hjb wrote: »

The only similarities (not even close to what Apple can call 'copy') are:
    1. They are both tablets with rectangular shape with equal rims (same as prior tablets before the Apple patent), 
    2. Glass covered front. (except of course IPad has a hole ^^)

That, of course, ignores the fact that they were so similar that even Samsung's attorneys couldn't tell the difference.

It's really amazing how the Samsung/Google shills can be so divorced from reality.
  • Reply 23 of 46
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    jragosta wrote: »

1. They are both tablets with rectangular shape with equal rims (same as prior tablets before the Apple patent), 

That, of course, ignores the fact that they were so similar that even Samsung's attorneys couldn't tell the difference.

It's really amazing how the Samsung/Google shills can be so divorced from reality.

I'm completely unsure whether those repeatedly expressing the view here that Samsung didn't copy actually don't see the multiple elements of resemblance, or are simply refusing to see. Arguing that a slight change in aspect ratio means otherwise, for example, seems totally fatuous. Even the most ardent Android fans that I know personally don't disagree on this issue. And no, I'm not presenting that as evidence of anything other than that it fuels my confusion.
  • Reply 24 of 46
    hjbhjb Posts: 278member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Nop, you are ignoring the fact that Galaxy Tab is not copy.  That Sammy attorney may have been confused or distracted by by the Judge or something.  Who knows what really happened.

Again nop, I use both iOS and Jelly Bean, so I am probably Apple/Google shill, but not as diehard as you.  I recommend different products to different people.  For example, I recommend iPhone and IPad to elders and someone who is less capable of handling handsets.  

• Reply 25 of 46
    e_veritase_veritas Posts: 248member

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

..... says the retort. Lol.

Touche :)

• Reply 26 of 46

Quote:

Still pushing your theory that some anecdotal story proves once and for all that Samsung copied...huh? I guess it never gets old for you.

How many times do you think you have stated this now? A few hundred maybe? It pretty much feels like the majority of your conversations anymore can be summed up as follows:

1. Drop into the thread with "Samsung slavishly copies"

2. Reply to anyone who takes the bait with "even Samsung's attorneys couldn't tell the difference"

3. Continue your posts with a string of straw man arguments

I guess it's time to get ready for the straw man? The anticipation is killing me....which one will it be this time?!?

Edit: For those who haven't been keeping track...this broken record has been playing for over 9 months now! :)

And that explains why Samsung's lawyer couldn't tell the difference at 10 feet? And it explains why the judge even bothered to ask the question?

It's really amazing the depths the paid Android shills will go to to deny reality.

• Reply 27 of 46
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    mstone wrote: »
    As noted by FOSS Patents' Florian Mueller, the judgment means the South Korean electronics giant won't be afforded an opportunity to stay the sales stoppage of its tablet until the Apple v. Samsung jury trial begins in late June.
    Which June is that?

Exactly. And with the amount of cases flying around, this is a serious question: is it a typo and should read July? Or is it June 2013? That would be possible, heck, even more likely. This July is almost over and I never would have thought a court would follow up on something this quick.
  • Reply 28 of 46
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Sure. Plus you have a US appeals court which has upheld the conclusion that Samsung copied.

Twice.

• Reply 29 of 46

Quote:

Originally Posted by hjb View Post

Don't forget Samsung came up with such an original design for the dock connector they decided to ship this (and very little else) with...

...but their one is black, right?

• Reply 30 of 46

Quote:

Originally Posted by e_veritas View Post

Still pushing your theory that some anecdotal story proves once and for all that Samsung copied...huh? I guess it never gets old for you.

How many times do you think you have stated this now? A few hundred maybe? It pretty much feels like the majority of your conversations anymore can be summed up as follows:

1. Drop into the thread with "Samsung slavishly copies"

2. Reply to anyone who takes the bait with "even Samsung's attorneys couldn't tell the difference"

3. Continue your posts with a string of straw man arguments

I guess it's time to get ready for the straw man? The anticipation is killing me....which one will it be this time?!?

Edit: For those who haven't been keeping track...this broken record has been playing for over 9 months now! :)

Tell it to the US judges who have so far ruled that Samsung "slavishly copied" the iPad, oh yeah and the German ones.

• Reply 31 of 46

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Tell it to the US judges who have so far ruled that Samsung "slavishly copied" the iPad, oh yeah and the German ones.

If one assumes you are referencing the US preliminary injunction, it sounds like you need to lookup the difference between a preliminary injunction and a final decision in a legal case.

• Reply 32 of 46

Quote:

If one assumes you are referencing the US preliminary injunction, it sounds like you need to lookup the difference between a preliminary injunction and a final decision in a legal case.

So I guess Samsung has shown enough evidence of not being a "slavish copy" to have the original injunction overturned...

...oh, hang on (twice).

• Reply 33 of 46

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

So I guess Samsung has shown enough evidence of not being a "slavish copy" to have the original injunction overturned...

...oh, hang on (twice).

Ugh...I guess you decided to not lookup what a preliminary junction is, and therefore implies. Let me help you out...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=preliminary+injunction

• Reply 34 of 46

Quote:

Originally Posted by hjb View Post

Again nop, I use both iOS and Jelly Bean, so I am probably Apple/Google shill, but not as diehard as you.  I recommend different products to different people.  For example, I recommend iPhone and IPad to elders and someone who is less capable of handling handsets.  

So typical. You claim to use both Android and iOS and be non-biased, but can't resist making a statement that you recommend iPhones to "elders" or "less capable". Let me guess - everyone you know who is tech savvy all use Android?

• Reply 35 of 46
    hjbhjb Posts: 278member
    So typical. You claim to use both Android and iOS and be non-biased, but can't resist making a statement that you recommend iPhones to "elders" or "less capable". Let me guess - everyone you know who is tech savvy all use Android?

I don't know, but yes I recommend android phones with ics or JB to the capables . What is wrong with that? Am I biased or what?
  • Reply 36 of 46
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    just_me wrote: »
    agreed, anything before ics is crap

XDA hosts many free ICS roms that are much better then anything Samsung has realised. I have to agree though why is Samsung even bothering with this. Are people still buying these especially when they now have the 10" inch Note model with that fantastic Quad Core cpu.
  • Reply 37 of 46
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    I don't know, but yes I recommend android phones with ics or JB to the capables . What is wrong with that? Am I biased or what?

Yes. You're making an inherent assumption that a capable person would not be better off with an iPhone. It's the typical 'geek' mentality that smart people use Android and stupid people use iPhones. It's about as clear a bias as anyone could possibly have.

In the real world (in case you'd care to visit some time), lots of bright people use iPhones. Lots of IT techs and developers prefer iPhones. I'm certainly not at that level, but I am quite capable of handling Android (I take care of a couple of Android phones and managed to do everything that needs to be done), but still prefer iPhones - by a wide margin - for my own use.
  • Reply 38 of 46
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    lkrupp wrote: »
    So in the UK a judge says Samsung didn't copy the iPad and Apple must apologize to Samsung for claiming it did BUT in the U.S. a judge says that Samsung did copy the iPad and must stop selling their tablet. Have I got that about right? 

Check out the big brain on Brett.
  • Reply 39 of 46
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    jragosta wrote: »
    Yes. You're making an inherent assumption that a capable person would not be better off with an iPhone. It's the typical 'geek' mentality that smart people use Android and stupid people use iPhones. It's about as clear a bias as anyone could possibly have.
    In the real world (in case you'd care to visit some time), lots of bright people use iPhones. Lots of IT techs and developers prefer iPhones. I'm certainly not at that level, but I am quite capable of handling Android (I take care of a couple of Android phones and managed to do everything that needs to be done), but still prefer iPhones - by a wide margin - for my own use.

I for one recommend phones depending on a persons need but I also take their tech saviness into consideration. I know many intelligent people that are totally lost when it comes to electronic equipment of any sort, I've never thought of them as stupid. To them I recommend iPhones. I also always recommend an iPad because even though Android tablets are getting better the lack of apps puts them at a big disadvantage.
  • Reply 40 of 46

Quote:

Ugh...I guess you decided to not lookup what a preliminary junction is, and therefore implies. Let me help you out...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=preliminary+injunction

Like the injunction banning Google's phones that Microsoft won and Google is now appealing?

In case you missed it Motorola Android devices have been banned.

Looks like the pigeons are coming home to roost for Android, Google's due diligence mustn't have been very good when they threw $12.5 Billion into becoming a patent troll.