• Reply 21 of 68

It's all about the rectangles octagons image

• Reply 22 of 68

Quote:

Originally Posted by sennen View Post

Innovate don't litigate, Apple.

So what does that make Samsung?

• Reply 23 of 68

Is it me or the first photo looks like an LG Chocolate Series, L Series or Nokia Lumia 800/900?

It's impressive to know how that designs were pushed out to the market by other brands yet they still weren't enough for Apple. I love ?.

• Reply 24 of 68

Apple should never have shown those prototypes. Guess what the next ten Samsung phones and tablets will look like.

• Reply 25 of 68
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    technarchy wrote: »
    Apple should never have shown those prototypes. Guess what the next ten Samsung phones and tablets will look like.

Speaking of the tablets, it's interesting how many of them were using the 4:3 aspect ratio. I still can't believe the rest of the industry is still trying to compete with the iPad with a format that is only good for one orientation.
  • Reply 26 of 68

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Speaking of the tablets, it's interesting how many of them were using the 4:3 aspect ratio. I still can't believe the rest of the industry is still trying to compete with the iPad with a format that is only good for one orientation.

Speaking of which, I did notice quite a few of those prototypes looked as if they were 16:9, and didn't make the cut.

So now one has to wonder what Apple has in mind for that aspect ratio to crop up again in the rumored iPhone "5"

• Reply 27 of 68
    stniukstniuk Posts: 90member
    It will be interesting to see Samsungs design process.
  • Reply 28 of 68
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    stniuk wrote: »

By seeing Apple's design process we already have. ????
  • Reply 29 of 68
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

I wonder how much Sony would have paid for the right to use Ive's "Jony" iPhone design.

Probably millions.

• Reply 30 of 68
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

Just FYI, here's the specific phone that Samsung claims Apple copied in their original iPhone design.

(According to John Paczkowski, All Things D, and John Gruber, anyway...)

Get a load of this:

Now, does that look like the original iPhone?

Does it look like any iPhone?

Yeah, I didn't think so either.

Here's Paczkowski's original story at All Things D: http://allthingsd.com/20120727/apple-tries-to-torpedo-samsungs-sony-style-iphone-charge/

• Reply 31 of 68
    mcrsmcrs Posts: 172member

If you can't visualize this phone without the keyboard and with the screen elongated, then you're not in "Sony" Ive's team.

It's virtually identical to Iphone 4 series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

Just FYI, here's the specific phone that Samsung claims Apple copied in their original iPhone design.

(According to John Paczkowski, All Things D, and John Gruber, anyway...)

Get a load of this:

Now, does that look like the original iPhone?

Does it look like any iPhone?

Yeah, I didn't think so either.

Here's Paczkowski's original story at All Things D: http://allthingsd.com/20120727/apple-tries-to-torpedo-samsungs-sony-style-iphone-charge/

• Reply 32 of 68
    umrk_labumrk_lab Posts: 550member
    blitz1 wrote: »
    .... For instance, general relativity would have found it's way, even without Einstein. Pointcaré came up with th same ideas at about the same time but following a more geometric route.

While it is historically true that Poincaré was the first to formulate the correct equations, Einstein was the first to elaborate the correct physical interpretation associated to them, and to derive all consequences ... Ideas in the air, even correct, are not enough ..

having said this , as noted by G Kawasaki, the basic ingredient is "chutzpah" !

... Which is not what you can learn in management schools ...
  • Reply 33 of 68
    davdav Posts: 115member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Copy don't R&D, Samsung.

• Reply 34 of 68
    Samsung is totally screwed in this case, Apple is going to nail their butt's to the cross....

Oh I don't know. Never underestimate stupidity.

Take that UK judge for example.
  • Reply 35 of 68
    focherfocher Posts: 687member
    mcrs wrote: »
    If you can't visualize this phone without the keyboard and with the screen elongated, then you're not in "Sony" Ive's team.
    It's virtually identical to Iphone 4 series.
    You're joking, right?
  • Reply 36 of 68

An arse.
  • Reply 37 of 68
    solipsismx wrote: »

Why not? Market research told them it's what everyone wants.
  • Reply 38 of 68
    technarchy wrote: »

Apple is probably already ten generations ahead.
  • Reply 39 of 68
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    stniuk wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xerox
  • Reply 40 of 68
    davidwdavidw Posts: 2,053member

So early in the game and Samsung is already in "check". By showing the jury 40 prototypes (and I'm sure there are many more) of early iPhones design concepts, Apple strikes down the notion by Samsung (and many of their fans) that there's only so many ways to design a phone around a basic rectangle and they will all end up resembling an iPhone. Here Apple showed that there are many many ways to design a phone, around a "basic rectangle", without it looking exactly like the actual iPhones that was released. Apple showed to the jury that the design of the iPhone is more than the 2 dimensional basic rectangle that Samsung wants you believe it is. It's more or less like a 3 dimensional rectangular cuboid (only without the right angles).