Steve Jobs particularly irritated over Samsung's copying of iOS "rubber banding" effect

Comments

• Reply 61 of 119
    mac.world wrote: »
    Or maybe if you have a phone with a faster cpu, better gpu, 4 times the amount of RAM, camera of equal or better quality, replaceable batteries on the go, NFC capability, picture in picture video, actual multi-tasking, the original notification center and banners, ability to access your file system, ability to use wireless keyboards AND mice, faster web browsing, ability to attach any type of file to an email, etc...I could go on and on.
    You think maybe, just maybe, features like these might have something to do with Samsung's success over say the look of an icon or a rubber banding effect? Why are Nokia and RIM phones fowling their companies. Because they are slow, lack many features and more importantly, don't run Android or iOS. People choose not to buy phones like that.

Soooo... what you're saying is that it won't hurt Samsung to give up copying Apple's silly little rubber band animation. SO THEN WHY DO THEY PERSIST IN INFRINGEMENT?
  • Reply 62 of 119
    twopmtwopm Posts: 30member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Soooo... what you're saying is that it won't hurt Samsung to give up copying Apple's silly little rubber band animation. SO THEN WHY DO THEY PERSIST IN INFRINGEMENT?

In contrast to what some fanbois here believe, Applekoh does not determine what products Samsung makes and what features they have.

South Korea 5ting!

• Reply 63 of 119

Quote:

Because, in contrast to what some fanbois here believe, Applekoh does not determine what products Samsung makes and what features they have.

South Korea 5ting!

• Reply 64 of 119

Quote:

Because, in contrast to what some fanbois here believe, Applekoh does not determine what products Samsung makes and what features they have.

South Korea 5ting!

• Reply 65 of 119

Quote:

Because, in contrast to what the haters here (want to) believe, Applekoh does not determine what products Samsung makes and what features they have.

South Korea 5ting!

• Reply 66 of 119
    thomprthompr Posts: 1,521member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatthewGavin View Post

"...it is a stupid cell phone..."

That's where you are wrong.  The smartphones that we are talking about are far far more than phones.  They are highly portable and powerful computers that happen to be able to make phone calls.

Thompson

• Reply 67 of 119

Has there ever been a more biased "judged" than this bitch koh?

Clearly, this case should be handled by an international court.

No matter what the outcome (probably a "victory" by Applekoh), deep inside the isheep know that with the death of Jobs, Applekoh lost whatever limited potential they had to "innovate". This is why they are so angry. 

• Reply 68 of 119
    timuscatimusca Posts: 123member

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoPM View Post

No matter what the outcome (probably a "victory" by Applekoh), deep inside the isheep know that with the death of Jobs, Applekoh lost whatever limited potential they had to "innovate". This is why they are so angry. 

I guess you're just copying and pasting this lame comment on various threads, eh?

• Reply 69 of 119
    lamewinglamewing Posts: 742member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

And here come the trolls, copying and pasting their posts from all the other sites where this article has been posted.

And yet you, as a "Moderator", are the first to start trolling. Pot meet kettle.

• Reply 70 of 119
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

And yet you, as a "Moderator", are the first to start trolling. Pot meet kettle.

Yep. And since that's not at all the case, I'd like to note that it's always funny to see who it is that actually calls out the posts that call out trolls. image

• Reply 71 of 119

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post

How about Copple? Crapple? The blantant copying for Apple started in iOS 5. iMessage, tabbed browsing, Notification Center, split keyboard, wireless syncing... all amazing and new (unless you had been using Android for years.)

Now iOS6 will get turn by turn navigation and 3d views of cities. So amazing and new (unless you have used Google's Navigation, maps or Earth.) and Oh my god!, I can decline a call with a message now! Revolutionary, (unless you have been using Android for the last few years.) A VIP list in email now too. No way, that has to be new. Nope, been with GMail for a while. Wait, what about saving Safari tabs and favs in the cloud? That's a new feature, right? Nope. Chrome, Maxthone, Firefox all have this.

The sheer amount of copying done by Apple is amazing. It's actually turning iOS into Android, since so many Android features have been stolen. And I didn't even get into the parts Apple stole from Microsoft. Hello lockscreen apps.

And yet Apple's fans never question this as if it is okay for Apple to copy others, but no the other way around...

• Reply 72 of 119
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    krakajap wrote: »
    WOW!  So "trolling" (as loosely as that term is thrown around) is fought tooth and nail and the term "fanboy" is threatened with banning.... yet racism is fine and dandy!  F* YOU bdkennedy!   That's not even remotely funny.

Technically, Korean bashing is not racism since 'Korean' isn't a race.

Regardless, I would think someone who goes by the name KrakaJap wouldn't be accusing others.
    krakajap wrote: »
    I fail to understand the "blatant copy" in this particular instance.  It's a rubber band effect... same as always... there's really no 2 ways around it.  So who copied who again?  So just because Apple copied it first means Samsung or any other manufacturer for that matter can't do the same???  And if they do, they're automatically assumed to have copied "Apple"?  What utter ignorance!

Well, Apple has a patent on it, so who are you saying that Apple copied it from?
    twopm wrote: »

Still waiting for you to provide evidence of Koh's alleged bias. Considering that Samsung keeps breaking the rules every time you turn around, she has been surprisingly lenient.

Of course, I'm also waiting for you to explain why an international court should be adjudicating a U.S. patent matter. What other parts of our sovereignty would you like us to give up?
    timusca wrote: »
    I guess you're just copying and pasting this lame comment on various threads, eh?

He learned it from his employer.
  • Reply 73 of 119

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eternal Emperor View Post

Sure. Because we are all dying for file system access and replaceable batteries. Why don't you add Flash and make it a hat trick?  I mean, "fowling"? Come on.

I would loved to have a replaceable battery in my iPhone. A nice example of it can be seen on the Omnia 7. Sold metal back with an easily removable door to provide quick access to the battery. Would take it in a heartbeat. It is not like you see the back of the iPhone anyway since over 75% (or more according to Apple) use a case for the iPhone.

• Reply 74 of 119

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

One of the most idiotic posts I've ever read. You have no idea what copying actually means, do you. No, too much subtlety for you. Nobody is calling all those features revolutionary, as you'd like everyone to believe. Tabbed browsing is copying? Who? Tabbed browsing as there when the iPhone was 1st released, just as a different UI. And its been on desktops for how long? iMessage is 'copying', who exactly? RIM? WIreless syncing? Who did they rip that from, since its such a new and novel concept?  Google has been in the mapping business for years.. so yeah, it is kind of a big deal that Apple is taking it in house. Noone is saying the concept is new, but maps isn't exactly something you can rip off. They're having to do all the mapping and 3D data themselves.. whats your point? Thats stealing? WIreless syncing is stealing? Your post doesnt have a shred of objectivity, usefulness, or even a point. Keep using whatever phone  you want to use, instead of coming in here simply to mock and troll that Android has had everything for 'years'. 

His post has validity and if you would stop having a tantrum like a child you might realize this...

1. RIM first came up with in house messaging. Apple stole it from the blackberry.

2. The Zune from MS had wireless syncing. Apple/Job/fanbois called the idea stupid and worthless (a battery waster and such). Yet Apple has now added it.

3. The notification bar was being use on Android before Apple.. Apple took that idea and added it to iOS 5.

The point is that when Apple uses an idea from another company it seems to be okay, but when some other company takes an idea from Apple it isn't okay.

• Reply 75 of 119

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdkennedy View Post

Korean's have no morals. They are raised to fight for themselves and will copy and steal anything they can get their hands on that makes money.

Man...you really are just a dickhead to make that comment.

• Reply 76 of 119

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Regardless, I would think someone who goes by the name KrakaJap wouldn't be accusing others.

So you know exactly what my screen name stands for and represents do you?  Just because it isn't a "race" by definition doesn't make it acceptable, why are you justifying it?

• Reply 77 of 119

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yep. And since that's not at all the case, I'd like to note that it's always funny to see who it is that actually calls out the posts that call out trolls. image

You realize you were the first to post on this thread, right? It really seems as if Appleinsider is run by a teenager. Your actions simply don't make any sense.

• Reply 78 of 119

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Technically, the only way to be a racist is if you, me, etc. were act this way to a Neandertal, Homo Erectus, Homo Hablis, etc. 

But, you know exactly what was meant and that doesn't make it any less hateful. Why would you support that kind of hate?

• Reply 79 of 119
    mj4ev3rmj4ev3r Posts: 99member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul94544 View Post

I for one am never going to buy anything from Samsung, which is my right. I will also do my utmost to trash Samsung's name and reputation ever chance I get in stores online and so on.

SAMSUNG-= SAME SONG,

lets starts a campaign to think up silly stupid same sounding derogatory names for "Samesong"

ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos

SAMSUNG=SAME SONG=SHAMESUNG=SAMESUNG=CHEAP COPYCAT=SHAMELESS IMITATOR!

ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos

• Reply 80 of 119
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

You realize you were the first to post on this thread, right?

Yep. That wasn't your point, though. Nice try.