New 'All on iPad' ad ditches 'Genius' campaign format

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

Better to let the products speak for themselves (as much as possible anyway.)

• Reply 62 of 65
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

..."the Winshit storm up ahead..."

There, I fixed that for you ... /wink

LOL.  Windows 8 could be a disaster for Microsoft.  Few if any real improvements to the old-school Windows UI.

"No compromises" is starting to sound like "No new ideas.  And proud of it."

Oh, and as for the all-new Metro, er, Windows 8-style UI, it will confuse consumers and will be totally ignored by 

corporate IT departments.  Consumers will just keep on plugging away at the 1980's desktop productivity metaphor

they've been using for years.  They won't willingly upgrade to Windows 8.  They'll just get it on whatever new pee cee they

buy to replace the old one that either froze up or physically died.  They'll try the Metro, er, Windows 8-style UI (catchy

name, no?) once.  They'll shrug and go straight back to the old UI.

Corporate IT will buy new PCs with Windows 8, but they'll immediately re-image the hard drive with XP.  It would cost too

much to train all their admins and end-users on any new features.  And to change all their training documents.  And to

re-code their custom business apps to work around bugs in "XP Mode."  Too many hoops to jump through with zero benefit.

Windows 8 is the answer to a question nobody asked.  And that question is "What can Microsoft do to make it look like they're

actually being dragged, kicking and screaming, into the 21st century?"

• Reply 63 of 65
    satchsatch Posts: 19member

I totally agreee. The new VO is a 7, but the orginal guy was had an amazing voice..... a warm, soothing "believe-in-what-Iam-saying soothing quality.

Funny when I saw the Genius ads over the Olympics, the I turned to my G/F and said "These suck like Dell ads" and "they better hire back the person who use to approve the ads and if it was Steve, then get Jonathan Ive involved or whoever used to be doing the previous ads that were always great and to the  "Apple "standards"

The Apple store here in South Beach on Lincoln Road is PACKED every day and night since it opened. i almost hate going there. Tourists buying it  to bring back to their home country no doubt.

• Reply 64 of 65
    rkevwillrkevwill Posts: 224member

Oh you remember Ellen?  Guess the ad worked then!

• Reply 65 of 65
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Personally, I find it kind of dull.  It's very short.  It's also a new ad but it actually says nothing new, or in a new way.  

I don't like the way they say "on the retina iPad" at the end of these things either. It sure can't be argued that the term rolls off the tongue, and let's get real ...

... the retina display is not really that much different in person than the old one.  IMO it's really tiresome the way they hawk it as the main feature.  

iPad 2's and iPad 3's are very difficult to tell apart in person, and if we are honest, the easiest way to tell the two apart when you pick them up is that the iPad 3 is heavier and thicker and warmer in the hand.  Those are really the first things you notice, not the retina display.  If you stick your face right in it you can see ... oh yes, more pixels, but it's not really brighter or clearer, at least not by any hugely noticeable amount.  

I know I'll probably get trolled to death for saying that, but I deal with these devices all day long at work and IMO it's the truth.  I've also owned them all, bought them all the second they came out, and used them all day every day ever since. When the "revised" iPad 3 comes out with the IGZO display (unless they wait until iPad 4), we will all realise that the iPad 3 original model was just a chubby placeholder with a less than optimal screen, just like the "fat" nano.  

Yeah, the iPad 3 has a 'less than optimal screen' that blows away every other tablet screen, and most other non-tablet screens on the market. Scientific tests have also shown it is by FAR much more color accurate, uses most of the RGB spectrum (like 97% compared to 65 on the iPad 2) has better saturation levels, and higher pixel density than any tablet screen out there. Not sure what planet some of you live on, or what you compare your Apple products to.  And what do you mean by not 'clearer'? How much clearer can it get? The iPad 3s screen, for me, has made almost every other screen look like shit. It's that good, and objectively a fantastic screen. 

Also, in your opinion what SHOULD they hawk as the biggest differentiating feature for the next iPad, something that will benefit and be of interest to most consumers, from a hardware perspective? I'm honestly curious. I'd think that for a tablet, which is basically a screen, that would be a pretty big deal.