Rumor: Apple axing recently-hired retail store staff

245

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 92
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member


    Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post

    Ok. So some people do. But is that really an important issue? Is that really the point here?


     


    It is always the point. Anything short of $50 billion quarters is grounds for doom from some of the idiots here. All hints of "failure" such as this are just fuel for the fire. We like to mock that at every turn.

  • Reply 22 of 92
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    harbinger wrote: »
    But it is interesting that a company renowned for logistics is not managing its hiring more effectively.
    What evidence are you basing this on? Without all the facts it seems this is a knee-jerk reaction,
  • Reply 23 of 92

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


     


    It is always the point. Anything short of $50 billion quarters is grounds for doom from some of the idiots here. All hints of "failure" such as this are just fuel for the fire. We like to mock that at every turn.





    *You* like to mock that at every turn. Please don't speak for everyone. I did not say Apple was doomed. Nor do I care if someone does. I am simply intrigued about an issue that, IMO, is not related to Apple's long term future.


     


    Your obsession with mocking any perceived slight on Apple diminishes your otherwise and sometimes perceptive posts.

  • Reply 24 of 92

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post





    What evidence are you basing this on? Without all the facts it seems this is a knee-jerk reaction,

  • Reply 25 of 92
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member


    Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post


    Your obsession with mocking any perceived slight on Apple diminishes your otherwise and sometimes perceptive posts.



     


    The other option is banning the trolls, and as public opinion would be against that, I'll stick with making fun of them.

  • Reply 26 of 92
    cash907cash907 Posts: 893member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


     


    It is always the point. Anything short of $50 billion quarters is grounds for doom from some of the idiots here. All hints of "failure" such as this are just fuel for the fire. We like to mock that at every turn.



     


    People reacting to odd news with a "well that's kind of weird," response is a far cry from OMG APPLE BE DOOMED!! LOLZ!!


     


    But kneejerk overreacting is sort of your thing when it comes to defending Apple, so pointing this out is most likely a waste of time.

  • Reply 27 of 92
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post



    Wait, so you're telling me that the uk may have had a temporary need for a lot of employees that has just passed? No way, I find that hard to believe. What could cause such a phenomenon?


     


    The most likely explanation is that a decision has been made to give fewer employees longer/more hours, thus less employees needed overall.  


    I think this is something the employees were complaining about earlier this year isn't it?  

  • Reply 28 of 92

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


     


    The other option is banning the trolls, and as public opinion would be against that, I'll stick with making fun of them.





    Your choice. Too bad.

  • Reply 29 of 92
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member


    Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post


    But kneejerk overreacting is sort of your thing when it comes to defending Apple, so pointing this out is most likely a waste of time.



     


    And being a troll is sort of your thing, so paying attention to what you say is certainly a waste of time.

  • Reply 30 of 92

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by maccherry View Post



    Who cares.




    Then why post a comment if that's your assessment? Such responses just puts your level of intellect right out there for everyone to see.

  • Reply 31 of 92
    MacProMacPro Posts: 17,903member
    harbinger wrote: »

    Your choice. Too bad.

    'Apple is doomed' is on par with 'Safari is Snappier '... if you'd read this blog for many years you'd see it isn't meant all that seriously, in fact it's a running joke. I seem to recall 'Apple is doomed' was a ™ of Tskil / smile
  • Reply 32 of 92
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,589member
    Let's hope this. It the Dixon / Curry's effect.
  • Reply 33 of 92
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Sounds like a phony story by someone intending to short AAPL stock. Keep this up and the SEC might want to have a little chat.

    Yeah it does. It seems like a very thing all around.


    I do like that AI choose a pic of Apple retail employees with red shirts. "He's dead, Tim."
  • Reply 34 of 92
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 501member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MacCentric View Post


    I think if anything, they may be trying to do away with part time employees in favor of those who maintain a full time schedule.

     



    I doubt that.  Full timers cost more.  They get higher wages and benefits.

  • Reply 35 of 92

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by RichL View Post


     


    It was the London Olympics, not the UK Olympics. And shops actually saw a drop-off in sales in London.


     


    Can't see why Apple are getting rid of these staff. Apple stores are always packed in the UK.





    That is only partially true.  Many events were held throughout the UK - from the south coast up to Scotland.  The fact that shops in London saw a drop off in sales was wholly unexpected.

  • Reply 36 of 92
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member


    I would imagine those who were axed were not of the Genius classification.

  • Reply 37 of 92
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,152member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post


     


     


     


    This kind of knee-jerk defensive responses does not really serve a purposeful discussion. Obviously no one believes Apple is doomed (please don't cite links to articles that state otherwise because we all know they are simply baiting Apple believers). But it is interesting that a company renowned for logistics is not managing its hiring more effectively.



     


    You are taking this as a fact. This is just a rumor. It doesn't make any sense that Apple just hired people to fire them. If this is true then we would have heard about some top executive who is responsible for this being fired first.


     


    Quote:

    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post





    'Apple is doomed' is on par with 'Safari is Snappier '... if you'd read this blog for many years you'd see it isn't meant all that seriously, in fact it's a running joke. I seem to recall 'Apple is doomed' was a ™ of Tskil / smile


     


    I trademarked it first "Apple is Doomed!™


     


    ????

  • Reply 38 of 92
    gprovidagprovida Posts: 247member
    Hmmm slow down in summer predicted by Apple Q3 report so it's "rational," but is it right? Apple stores cache is based on personal service very dangerous slippery slope.

    Is the risk in service and the consequences really worth the chunk change saved - new management?
  • Reply 39 of 92
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Still waiting for MacRumors to source their information. Who have they been hearing from? What stores is this supposedly occurring at?
  • Reply 40 of 92
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,743member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post


     


     


     


    This kind of knee-jerk defensive responses does not really serve a purposeful discussion. 



     


    I've given this a lot of thought over the past two minutes, and I think they do.

Sign In or Register to comment.