Motorola files new ITC suit against Apple, claims patent infringement [u]

Comments

• Reply 61 of 89

Originally Posted by fwgrizzwald View Post

After reading all the comments… 

No, you didn't.

…I am thoroughly convinced that you Apple fanboys are delusional. Yet iSheep continue to buy the same thing year in and year out.

Okay, bye. We use neither of those words here.

Anyone who loves Apple cannot seriously call Google or anyone else a patent troll.

*clears throat* "Google is a patent troll." 

????

Apple has innovated a lot of technology, but they have not created anything. There hasn't been any truly groundbreaking Apple innovation in some time.

????

I laughed when the 4S was released.

Because you're very unintelligent, we know.

…I knew millions of people owning the 4 would buy the 4S happily while realizing it's the same phone.

iPhone 4

iPhone 4S

CPU

A4

A5

GPU

PowerVR SGX 535

PowerVR SGX 543MP2

Camera

5MP

8MP

Battery

1420 mAh

1430 mAh

Bus frequency

100 MHz

250 MHz

Telephony

7.2 Mb/s

14.4 Mb/s

Shut up and go away.

This is the kind of stuff that needs immediately banned/deleted, regardless of how established the person saying it is. Blatant lies in the face of unquestionable truth should be completely unacceptable. 

• Reply 62 of 89
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    mstone wrote: »
    I think this the same patent that Moto won in a European court last year which forced Apple to create some email workaround for MobileMe in Europe. I don't remember the exact details but yes they did bring this one up a while ago.

It may or may not be. There is no information about which patents are involved, so we're only able to speculate at this point.
  • Reply 64 of 89
    Can't thumb that up on my iPad.

Also I just noticed that resizing emoji doesn't show up on iDevices, so it looks like blank space. Dang.
  • Reply 65 of 89
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    Dude using the word iSheep only shows that you yourself are a fanboy or as you refer to it a sheep. You have fallen victim to the marketing of the dark side. So you laugh with people buying the 4s after selling off their iPhone 4 but a that time they had the most powerful smartphone with what is today still the best mobile OS?! Look at the reviews from the dark side and you will see that all new high end android smartphones are still being measured in how they stack up to the iPhone 4S. And even when they come whit their benchmarking tools you'll notice that the one year old iPhone isn't lacking behind. So why do you laugh with people buying the newest and fastest phone? Isn't that what they do on the dark side?  I myself bought a 3G and after that a 4, I didn't buy the S models but I noticed people that jumped the fence to the dark side make stupid assumptions like you do  claiming "iSheep buy every time over and over again" Guess what, they all traded in their Galaxy S2 for the S3. The S3 has no innovation inside or outside. It might be more on par with the 4S but a bigger screen isn't innovation and adding software that was already on the iPhone isn't as well. My iPhone 4 still rocks, never felt the need to upgrade to a 4S but my friends who have turned to the dark side have upgraded their phones because they had to. So don't come laughing here telling us about iSheep, turn to your fellow sith and tell them they don't need to buy an S3 and get laughed and spit at with spec sheets and so called innovations that are just rip-offs to catch up with Apple.

Um. I have a friend that got her iPhone Soren, got suckered into a Galaxy S III and she's had several issues. Bad cell reception on non-4G/LTE networks and 4G/LTE isn't even turned on in her town, yet. Her boyfriend's iPhone works much better reception in the exact same location and network. She also has texting issues where she texts one character and the other person gets a Korean or Chinese character on the other end. She's replaced the stupid thing at least once within the first month and they keep on pushing back admitting it's a screwed up phone so she can get her money back. Guess what? She's waiting for the iPhone 5 to get announced.

When apple is on a release date, the only thing these reviews sites can do is review what is currently out there, but since you get suckered into hype, lots of people know the IPhone 5 is around the corner for its yearly update and Samsung is down what they can to gain sales. apple is still not on all of the carriers and they are supposed to be adding more biggies which will get them a wider audience.

My friend also said that her Samsung is not by easy to use and she prefers her ipHone which got stolen. The only thing on the Samsung that is worth anything is a big screen. Other than that, it feels like cheap plastic with some fancy animation graphics which only burn up CPU/GPU and battery time.
  • Reply 66 of 89
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, you didn't.

Okay, bye. We use neither of those words here.

*clears throat* "Google is a patent troll." 

????

????

Because you're very unintelligent, we know.

iPhone 4

iPhone 4S

CPU

A4

A5

GPU

PowerVR SGX 535

PowerVR SGX 543MP2

Camera

5MP

8MP

Battery

1420 mAh

1430 mAh

Bus frequency

100 MHz

250 MHz

Telephony

7.2 Mb/s

14.4 Mb/s

Shut up and go away.

This is the kind of stuff that needs immediately banned/deleted, regardless of how established the person saying it is. Blatant lies in the face of unquestionable truth should be completely unacceptable. 

What cracks me up is that the Galaxy S III is "upgreadeable".  REALLY?  With a SD card to add more storage?  That's how these sales reps are pitching it.  

• Reply 67 of 89
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Microsoft doesn't have a patent on email on a phone. That's not how patents work. Rather, they have a patent on specific implementations of technology involved and they believe Apple has infringed their patents.

Yes they do, ever heard of Exchange Activsync?

Microsoft are using them defensively against Motorola, who sued them first (Just like Apple was sued first by Motorola).

Microsoft have won injunctions in the US and Germany over them.

Microsoft is not suing Apple because Apple has licensed Activsync.

The biggest thorn in Google's side is that Motorola phones, can't use FAT without a license from Microsoft.

• Reply 68 of 89
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    hill60 wrote: »
    Yes they do, ever heard of Exchange Activsync?

Microsoft are using them defensively against Motorola, who sued them first (Just like Apple was sued first by Motorola).

Microsoft have won injunctions in the US and Germany over them.

Microsoft is not suing Apple because Apple has licensed Activsync.

The biggest thorn in Google's side is that Motorola phones, can't use FAT without a license from Microsoft.

What's that got to do with the claim that someone can patent just an idea?

My response to that was that you can't patent an idea, but only a specific implementation. Since Microsoft's ActiveSync is a specific implementation of the idea of syncing devices, nothing in your post refutes what I said.
  • Reply 69 of 89

Quote:

Originally Posted by drblank View Post

What cracks me up is that the Galaxy S III is "upgreadeable".  REALLY?  With a SD card to add more storage?  That's how these sales reps are pitching it.  

And that's a bad thing? You can get the 16 GB Galaxy S3, and put in a 16 GB micro sd for $20, and save $30 (If iPhone had micro sd card slot, people could save $80). I don't understand what's laughable about a sales rep pitching cost savings to consumers...

• Reply 70 of 89

Quote:

Originally Posted by drblank View Post

Um. I have a friend that got her iPhone Soren, got suckered into a Galaxy S III and she's had several issues. Bad cell reception on non-4G/LTE networks and 4G/LTE isn't even turned on in her town, yet. Her boyfriend's iPhone works much better reception in the exact same location and network. She also has texting issues where she texts one character and the other person gets a Korean or Chinese character on the other end. She's replaced the stupid thing at least once within the first month and they keep on pushing back admitting it's a screwed up phone so she can get her money back. Guess what? She's waiting for the iPhone 5 to get announced.

When apple is on a release date, the only thing these reviews sites can do is review what is currently out there, but since you get suckered into hype, lots of people know the IPhone 5 is around the corner for its yearly update and Samsung is down what they can to gain sales. apple is still not on all of the carriers and they are supposed to be adding more biggies which will get them a wider audience.

My friend also said that her Samsung is not by easy to use and she prefers her ipHone which got stolen. The only thing on the Samsung that is worth anything is a big screen. Other than that, it feels like cheap plastic with some fancy animation graphics which only burn up CPU/GPU and battery time.

The same story happens on the other side my friend. Android folks that switch to iPhone sometimes hate it and want to switch back due to lack of basic features that are standard on most new Android phones.

• Reply 71 of 89

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrrodriguez View Post

And that's a bad thing? You can get the 16 GB Galaxy S3, and put in a 16 GB micro sd for $20, and save $30 (If iPhone had micro sd card slot, people could save $80). I don't understand what's laughable about a sales rep pitching cost savings to consumers...

So why does the 32GB Galaxy S III cost $100 more than the 16GB Galaxy S III?

Is that how Samsung scams their customers?

• Reply 72 of 89
    The difference is:
    Apple sues everything and everybody.
    Google sues Apple to stop them accusing everything.
  • Reply 73 of 89
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by anonimo View Post

The difference is:

Apple sues everything and everybody.

Google sues Apple to stop them accusing everything.

The real difference is that that's just wrong.

• Reply 74 of 89
    Apple did the very first movement in this war. So why you iZombies are crying for? The game of Google here is fight fire with fire.
  • Reply 75 of 89

…iZombies…

Don't use that, "iSheep", or any other variant ever again. Also do not use "fanboys" in a specifically derogatory sense. Thank you. 

• Reply 76 of 89
    After reading all the comments, I am thoroughly convinced that you Apple fanboys are delusional. Anyone who loves Apple cannot seriously call Google or anyone else a patent troll. Selective memory is a common trait of you guys. I love Google but not to the point of denying truth and fact. Apple has innovated a lot of technology, but they have not created anything. Apple has set a very high standard with their products, some of which I love. In fact I am typing this on my Macbook. More sales does not equal better. The truth about Apple is they are victims of their own success. There hasn't been any truly groundbreaking Apple innovation in some time. Yet iSheep continue to buy the same thing year in and year out. I laughed when the 4S was released. Not because I was jealous or I was hating on Apple. I laughed because I knew millions of people owning the 4 would buy the 4S happily while realizing it's the same phone. I stepped over the fence just to see if there was a least one of you that got it. I hoped that one of you iSheep would say "Apple asked for it." Maybe there is no hope for you. You can continue to lie to yourselves now.
    Let's see how will be the iphone 5. My opinion is that it wont overcome the Galaxy s3 or the HTC x one.
  • Reply 77 of 89
    anonimo wrote: »
    Apple did the very first movement in this war. So why you iZombies are crying for? The game of Google here is fight fire with fire.
    hill60 wrote: »
    So why does the 32GB Galaxy S III cost $100 more than the 16GB Galaxy S III?

Is that how Samsung scams their customers?
    Because 32Gb in the phone + 64GB in the sd is a total of 96gb. That is something that an izombie can't understand very well
  • Reply 78 of 89

Let's see how will be the 6th iPhone. My opinion is that it wont overcome the Galaxy s3 or the HTC x one.

In what way? The iPhone 4S already beats them in sales, customer satisfaction and retention, build quality, ecosystem, support, software… 

Originally Posted by anonimo View Post

That is something that an izombie can't understand very well

Again, don't use it.

• Reply 79 of 89
    Don't use that, "iSheep", or any other variant ever again. Also do not use "fanboys" in a specifically derogatory sense. Thank you. 
    Sorry, i wont do it again
  • Reply 80 of 89

Quote:

Apple suing HTC has nothing whatsoever to do with Motorola suing Apple OR Motorola suing Microsoft.

Motorola did this to squeeze more money out of Google, first with the carrot of extorting onerous licensing fees from Apple and Microsoft and then with the stick of threatening to sue other Android vendors if Google didn't play ball.

So your claim is very wrong.