Motorola files new ITC suit against Apple, claims patent infringement [u]

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 89
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonimo View Post

Because 32Gb in the phone + 64GB in the sd is a total of 96gb. That is something that an izombie can't understand very well

Ever heard of the cloud?

Crappy little plastic cards, juggled around and shoved in slots, cheap Micro SD cards from China are prone to scams, so now you propose paying the $100 extra for the 32GB model plus a quality 64GB card costs a hell of a lot more than the $20 you first proposed.

So where are you going with this as you started with your "cheapskate" argument so well?

Why not drop another Franklin and get the 64GB model, then you'll have 128GB.

• Reply 82 of 89
    neo42neo42 Posts: 287member
    Zomg, so much koolaid to drink in this thread! I'm really surprised that a Motorola patent article immediately boiled down to an Apple vs Google rant fest. Wait, no I'm not.

I sincerely hope that the next big leap in personal computing isn't thwarted by legal nonsense. Probably already has though.
  • Reply 83 of 89

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo42 View Post

Zomg, so much koolaid to drink in this thread! I'm really surprised that a Motorola patent article immediately boiled down to an Apple vs Google rant fest. Wait, no I'm not.

I sincerely hope that the next big leap in personal computing isn't thwarted by legal nonsense. Probably already has though.

Why would a legal battle thwart the next big leap in personal computing? No offense to either company if the truly big leaps are fundamental in nature, and rarely developed at for-profit companies or in a product development environment. This is not to slight what companies do. But product development builds on top of fundamental leaps but are rarely the fundamental leaps themselves.

Furthermore, innovation happens because humans have imagination. Truly imaginative minds do not stop imagining regardless of what battles are being waged.

All to say, fear not.

• Reply 84 of 89

Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post

Why would a legal battle thwart the next big leap in personal computing?

Because "Innovate, Don't Litigate".

• Reply 85 of 89
    vadaniavadania Posts: 425member
    Can't thumb that up on my iPad .

No you can not. Although I will say that after you told someone to "touch it twice", I did spend ten minutes trying to get it to function.

The site wants you to add a comment, but even if you do you can not go further than that point.
  • Reply 86 of 89
    vadaniavadania Posts: 425member
    anonimo wrote: »
    The difference is:
    Apple sues everything and everybody.
    Google sues Apple to stop them accusing everything.

Cute. You kept every post short and sweet. Not much info to go on.

I think it's a dead thread so I'm thinking out loud. Just trying to figure lit if you're a real troll..l
  • Reply 87 of 89
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Moto seems pretty serious about this one. Here's what they want from the ITC:

• an immediate investigation pursuant to Section 337 of the Tariff Act of 1930;

• setting of a target date of no more than 15 months;

• a hearing to determine if there has been a violation of Section 337;

• a permanent exclusion order directed to products manufactured by Apple, its subsidiaries, related companies and agents, "excluding entry into the United States of wireless communications devices, portable music and data processing devices, computers, and components thereof that infringe;

• that a permanent cease and desist order issue prohibiting Apple and all the rest listed above from "engaging in the importation, sale for importation, marketing and/or advertising, distribution, offering for sale, sale, sale after importation, or other transfer within the United States of wireless communications devices, portable music..." etc.

• Reply 88 of 89
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    hill60 wrote: »
    Ever heard of the cloud?

You obviously don't mind just handing your data over to the US government?
  • Reply 89 of 89
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Because "Innovate, Don't Litigate".

Perhaps that's exactly what's going on.

Motorola today dropped it's entire ITC complaint against Apple without explanation. At least a couple of sources are reporting it may be a goodwill gesture on Google's part. If so it would be most welcome. Somebody somewhere needs to say enough at some point IMHO.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-10-02/google-s-motorola-drops-latest-itc-patent-claim-against-apple