New video compares iPhone 4S, 'iPhone 5' parts side-by-side

Comments

• Reply 21 of 45
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hittrj01 View Post

Telling people on a random internet forum what to do like you are their boss or parent is an absurd and offensive thing to do.

Have a nice day!

Some people on the internet behave like children, and should be treated as such. It's sad, but that's just the way it is. If people grew up, then they would be treated with respect.

• Reply 22 of 45
    kotatsu wrote: »
    Look at the difference between the Galaxy S2 and the Galaxy S3. Very different.

Actually, no. They both look like cr4p.
  • Reply 23 of 45
    doh123doh123 Posts: 323member

I like how they compared the screen size to the Galaxy, then said the Galaxy still had the edge... lol... the edge in being too big?  If thats really the iPhone 6th model, it looks like a much better phone size than the galaxy.  I've really been hoping they won't be going overboard on size like some Android-based phones have been.

• Reply 24 of 45
    kaesskaess Posts: 2member

Is it just me or is there a difference in the proximity sensor location on the white versus the black?  Looks to me like on the white it is next earpiece as mentioned in the video, while on the black it's next to the camera.

• Reply 25 of 45
    berpberp Posts: 136member
    But it's visually similar to the iPhone 4. The jump from the very rounded 3G to the 4 was much more noticeable. The 5 is, for all intents and purposes, a 4 with a metal back.

This phone is pure Ives. Level headed, thick skinned, ...thin client to his fingerprints...

...radiating asymmetry..., the observable universe Sir Jonathan draws upon in sketching a Jobsian mindset artifact on a literally and figuratively reflective canvas.

Abbot and Costello couldn't look more different. They partnered nonetheless in a comedy act that made people pay a bundle for a good laugh. They are fondly remembered, ...not so much for what they brought to the long-term conversation, but for how much waving waistlines can measure up to desperation.  
  • Reply 26 of 45
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    But it's visually similar to the iPhone 4. The jump from the very rounded 3G to the 4 was much more noticeable. The 5 is, for all intents and purposes, a 4 with a metal back.

I don't see that at al. I see that is has flat sides like the iPhone 4/4S but that's like saying a a truck is the same as Volvo because they are both boxy. The external antenna is a brilliant design that Apple used for over 2 years — despite some people claiming it was stupid for a computer company to try to best real handset companies and claiming they would all be recalled — and I expect that design to live on for a long time. Sure, they could make it more round, and perhaps they will in the future, but I don't think that and that along is enough to say the entire design change is slight. I think you make a better argument by only focusing on the glass face.
  • Reply 27 of 45

At 2:10 it says "32 pin dock connector"...isn't it 30 pin?

• Reply 28 of 45

Quote:

Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

I seriously doubt these iphone5 parts are real.

Apple keep product secret very well.

Even Apple fired their employee who showed ipad to wozniak.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Steve-Wozniak-iPad-Engineer-Fired,news-6588.html

I think these parts are all fake according to their plan.

If this is going to happen it would be Apples biggest masterpiece. Crowd and stock will go crazy if they actually tell everybody that the leaks have been fake and they are showing another iPhone.

There is so much attention on Apple like with no other company. Thats unfortunately why I think that the leaks are the real thing. I can hardly imagine how you would like to hide a new product everybody is keen on which gets produced million times before release. No way that parts are not making their way out of a factory.

• Reply 29 of 45

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Actually, no. They both look like cr4p.

thats funny and true to me ..lol

• Reply 30 of 45

This is unreal.. the amount of part leaks for this device has been out of control.  I don't remember any apple product with this much hype or this many leaks.  It sort of bums me out.  I like the big surprise when they announce.. seems like we all pretty much know or can guess what the new phone is going to be like. 

• Reply 31 of 45

Quote:

Originally Posted by IQatEdo View Post

There, fixed that for you.

Must be awesome to be a hipster.

• Reply 32 of 45
    Have you seen the 22:38 video discussion of the new iPhone sRGB-Rec.709 Standard Color Gamut accuracy?

That was a riveting video. In fact, that video was so good I am making a 4 hour miniseries on that video's excellence in detailing the iPhone's sRGB-Rec.709 Standard Color Gamut accuracy.

PS: In all seriousness, have you seen the Red Letter Media reviews on YouTube? Some are nearly as long as the original movies but they are poignant and funny. I know an hour-plus review of a 2 hour movie seem daunting but I say give this first part (10 minutes) your full attention to see if it can hooks you in.

• Reply 33 of 45
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacVertigo View Post

This is unreal.. the amount of part leaks for this device has been out of control.  I don't remember any apple product with this much hype or this many leaks.  It sort of bums me out.  I like the big surprise when they announce.. seems like we all pretty much know or can guess what the new phone is going to be like. 

You mean, you don't find its a big surprise every time 90% of the leaks turn out to be bogus?

• Reply 34 of 45
    At 2:10 it says "32 pin dock connector"...isn't it 30 pin?

They might be referring to the latches but I don't think they are actually electronic connectors. I also don't think the metal shield on the current connector is included, unlike what we are seeing in the new design where there is no traditional metal shielding shown. There does look to be two ground connectors inside the port but that still counts as one on the pinout.
  • Reply 35 of 45

The skinny look really sickens me. But I'm still getting it *sighs*

• Reply 36 of 45
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,822member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hittrj01 View Post

Telling people on a random internet forum what to do like you are their boss or parent is an absurd and offensive thing to do.

Have a nice day!

Thank you for your defence. Kotatsu might have an argument, however, I made no attempt to conceal the changes. (What K meant by random internet forum when I have been here for over nine years is mystifying too. Further, AI has grown into a destination for disaffected Apple haters who flock here to vent their anger at Apple's success. Case in point, the post that I corrected.)

All the best. (You too K.)

• Reply 37 of 45

Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

I seriously doubt these iphone5 parts are real.

Apple keep product secret very well.

I think these parts are all fake according to their plan.

Well, you're sort of our finger on the pulse of Samsung… getting scared, are you?

Further, AI has grown into a destination for disaffected Apple haters who flock here to vent their anger at Apple's success.

MacRumors must be full… 

• Reply 38 of 45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

Must be awesome to be a hipster.

Yeah, he must be a Helluvacool guy....

• Reply 39 of 45

Quote:

... AI has grown into a destination for disaffected Apple haters who flock here .....

It's more like an infestation....

• Reply 40 of 45

If this has been planted by Apple the past couple of months and the new iPhone looks completely different...then Apple, I mean really, rules.