New video compares iPhone 4S, 'iPhone 5' parts side-by-side

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45

This video would seem more credible if it didn't refer to "iPhone 5" as if it meant something.

• Reply 42 of 45
    willrobwillrob Posts: 203member

Leaked parts images have become a daily occurrence. But so far I haven't seen/heard about any improvements to the camera. I don't expect more megapixels, but I'm wonder if more powerful processors will improve image quality (over the 4S) for either stills or video.

• Reply 43 of 45
    macbook promacbook pro Posts: 1,605member

Quote:

Originally Posted by willrob View Post

Leaked parts images have become a daily occurrence. But so far I haven't seen/heard about any improvements to the camera. I don't expect more megapixels, but I'm wonder if more powerful processors will improve image quality (over the 4S) for either stills or video.

iDownload Blog reported a Rumor: next iPhone may feature an HD Facetime camera earlier this year.  The current FaceTime (front camera) is a meager 0.3 MP VGA 30 FPS (480p).

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple improved the Image Signal Processor (ISP) on the new iPhone as well.  

I believe a f/2.2 aperture is possible but not likely for the iSight camera.

Apple could offer the ability to capture panoramic photographs and/or simultaneous video/still capture.  Apparently, Omnivision’s OV8830, the camera sensor integrated into the iPhone 4S, is capable of 24fps in 8 MP mode (3264 x 2448 in 4:3) or 6-megapixel (3264 x 1836) resolution at 30 fps in a 16:9 format.  The Omnivision OV8830 features an integrated scaler, 2x2 binning, re-sampling filter, alternate row high dynamic range timing support, context switching, temperature sensing, 4 Kbits of one-time programmable memory, lens shading correction, and defect pixel correction.

Apple is likely to wait for the Omnivision OV12830 for a 12 MP camera sensor (which was only released in May 2012) as the package size for the Omnivision OV10810 10 MP camera sensor has a rather considerable package size at 9785 x 6885 µm.  The Omnivision OV10810 does not compare favorably to the Omnivision 8830 which has a package size of 4592 x 3450 µm. 

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

• Reply 44 of 45
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

next iPhone may feature an HD FaceTime camera… 

Pshh, like that matters. It'll be blocked by everyone. Hi-yo!

But yeah, that sounds quite plausible. At least 1.3MP in front. 

• Reply 45 of 45

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

They might be referring to the latches but I don't think they are actually electronic connectors. I also don't think the metal shield on the current connector is included, unlike what we are seeing in the new design where there is no traditional metal shielding shown. There does look to be two ground connectors inside the port but that still counts as one on the pinout.

Thanks.