Japan court rules Samsung does not infringe Apple patents

Comments

• Reply 41 of 74
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member

Japan loves Samsung, Korean dramas and Korean girl bands. They are also very loyal to Samsung since they have various R&D facilities (my student is their lead Japanese R&D man), and corporate ties. There is no way they'd rule against Samdung.

• Reply 42 of 74
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonimo View Post

To license round corners with a over-price is like to steal. Rectangular devices with round corners existed before Apple.

Apple is very scared about how fast is going Samsung.

Check this video, keep it until iphone5 appear and compare it. If you are very sure about Apple, why dont do it?

Sorry for my english. It is not my native languaje and I am a bit tired to try to write everything correctly.

Why do some idiots keep saying Apple patented rectangular corners and round corners. First, the lawsuit was about a plethora of patents. Tap to Zoom, one finger scrolling, pinch to  zoom, bounce back, iOS device home screen lay-out, iPhone front design, iPhone back design, and the iPad design. Apple won for all the patents except the iPad design patent.

Apple never claimed it patented the rectangle or rounded corners. Those elements when taken as a whole with the over all look of the device are however patented. It is indisputable Samsung's devices changed over night to account for the Apple's devices. Further, Apple lost on the iPad design patent, which concerns the so called rectangular device with rounded corners patent. 

Moreover, Tap to Zoom, bounce back, pinch to zoom, and one finger scrolling were all born out of Apple doing away with the key board, which now seems obvious but at the time was controversial. Further, Microsoft has shown that it is possible to design a home screen that looks different (and is pleasant) than Apple's. 

• Reply 43 of 74
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Fixed that for you.

Hell, I even fixed your rotten punctuation and grammar for free.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Moto are attack.

Apple are defence move, being after attack of Moto before them.

Moto want ban X-box too.

Attack because they invent H.264 they say.

That was great. 

• Reply 44 of 74
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    doorman. wrote: »
    “It’s hard to believe the products belong to the range of technologies of the claimant,”

Is it for real? Or just bad translation from Japanese?

Because now it looks like the judge said that even though he sees that Apple owns this patent, he can not believe/accept that such technology is owned by an American company. So he says - ok, guys, you own it, but it is actually not so good that you and not some one else owns it, so I am not going to consider you as the owner of the technology.

I think you're looking at a bad translation.

The first sentence sounds to me like the court is saying that the technology Samsung used did not fall under the claims of Apple's patents.

Oh, and please stop with the silly highlighting. It doesn't add anything and simply makes your post hard to read.
  • Reply 45 of 74
    mkart4mkart4 Posts: 18member

Quote:

Originally Posted by success View Post

Japan loves Samsung, Korean dramas and Korean girl bands. They are also very loyal to Samsung since they have various R&D facilities (my student is their lead Japanese R&D man), and corporate ties. There is no way they'd rule against Samdung.

I like how you presume to know the biases of a Japanese court based on some cultural exchanges.  Of course their court would be so easily influenced while an American court just a few miles from Apple HQ filled with a jury of Californians would have no such bias.  These comments, like the ones where people say..oh well Asians are copiers, they're not capable of original thought, reek of bigotry and ignorance.

Sorry for the rant. It just irks me when we have these guys trying to defend our side.  This must be how republicans feel when Ann Coulter or Rush Limbaugh speak.

• Reply 46 of 74
    mac_dog wrote: »
    you're simply not going to get ANY ASIAN COUNTRY to side with apple.

copying is a cultural thing. period.

Whoa. 'Asia'? Thats an awfully big swathe of lands and cultures -- all the way from Israel to Papua New Guinea -- you included there, buddy!
  • Reply 47 of 74

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Whoa. 'Asia'? Thats an awfully big swathe of lands and cultures -- all the way from Israel to Papua New Guinea -- you included there, buddy!

Truly said. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

Apple is one and only evil in this industry.

if apple become vanish, there are no patent war in smart phone/tablet world.

Remeber, Apple is one who pursue this way.

Samsung, Moto, HTC, Android are defense move.

Samsung punished by american court, because they are foreign company who challenge america's most biggest company.

Hey there!

Firstly, am really impressed by you this time. You didn't post your usual 'template' which consisted of a few images and some senseless links..

Anyways, going off-topic, what is your problem with Apple and their devices??

Has any of their devices made you life miserable?? No, seriously!! it always seems like you just post here, just for the heck of it.

Before you'd counter-ask.. I'd tell you that, 'yes' i have used an android earlier and it has made my life troublesome. just wont work properly.

After shifting to the iPhone 4, i have never had a trouble with the iOS. and of-course the device itself is amazing.

But for you, I really want to know why do yo troll so frequently. Do find an answer.

• Reply 48 of 74

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Truly said. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

Apple is one and only evil in this industry.

if apple become vanish, there are no patent war in smart phone/tablet world.

Remeber, Apple is one who pursue this way.

Samsung, Moto, HTC, Android are defense move.

Samsung punished by american court, because they are foreign company who challenge america's most biggest company.

Hey there!

Firstly, am really impressed by you this time. You didn't post your usual 'template' which consisted of a few images and some senseless links..

Anyways, going off-topic, what is your problem with Apple and their devices??

Has any of their devices made you life miserable?? No, seriously!! it always seems like you just post here, just for the heck of it.

Before you'd counter-ask.. I'd tell you that, 'yes' i have used an android earlier and it has made my life troublesome. just wont work properly.

After shifting to the iPhone 4, i have never had a trouble with the iOS. and of-course the device itself is amazing.

But for you, I really want to know why do yo troll so frequently. Do find an answer.

• Reply 49 of 74
    fuwafuwafuwafuwa Posts: 163member
    doorman. wrote: »
    I bet, Japanese still prefer flip phones.

Actually most people here use iPhone, but if one is unlucky and using Android, it would be Sony, not Samsung.
  • Reply 50 of 74

Imagine a forum where every Android/Apple fanboy comes on and does nothing but ass kissing Apple/Android!

I have an iPhone 3g and it was my 2nd smart phone (1st was an used XDA3), The iPhone 3g I won from swoopo for roughly £60 GBP about 3 years ago, I’ve never had a problem with wireless devices etc, but having used the iPhone 3g (sometimes 3 hours continues calls) I became very sensitive to wireless signals, the side I placed my phone to my face has weakened muscles and my ear infected, my ear is really sensitive to noise and signals now. I don’t know if other phones would have done the same, but this is what happened by using an iPhone 3g, I will probably buy the new IPhone 5 when it comes out as I don’t like the cheap Samsung plasticy look or feel, The new Sony and LG is also an option but I will research the radiation levels of these phones as the iPhone 3g had the highest levels of any phone, something I found out later.

• Reply 51 of 74
    What part of "making fun of a foreign person's language problems is morally repugnant" do you not understand?
  • Reply 52 of 74

Quote:

Using that logic, one could argue that the court in California in the US of A was biased for Apple over Samsung. ;)

• Reply 53 of 74
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuwafuwa View Post

Actually most people here use iPhone, but if one is unlucky and using Android, it would be Sony, not Samsung.

So, if one is considered "unlucky" to be using a Sony Android phone...what is one considered who is using a Samsung Android phone?

• Reply 54 of 74

Why does the article title use the plural when only one patent was found to not be infringed?  Isn't that a glaring error?

• Reply 55 of 74
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markussd View Post

...as the iPhone 3g had the highest levels of any phone.

Wrong, although higher than some, there are and were plenty of phones with higher SAR levels than the iPhone 3G which was well within accepted guidelines.

I suggest you start  by comparing with some HTC phones.

http://www.sarshield.com/english/radiationchart.htm

Why make claims like this when it only takes a couple of minutes to check on the Internet.

• Reply 56 of 74
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Oh boy, are we on the brain cancer schtick again? How about we do this: let's shut off all TV, all phone, all man-made radio waves of all kinds, worldwide, for… a decade. If the rate of cancer doesn't go down (and society hasn't collapsed), turn it back on and end this discussion once and for all. 

Or go the other way, don't turn off man-made stuff but block all universal radiation. Giant shields in space, surrounding the planet. 

• Reply 57 of 74
    icoco3 wrote: »
    So, if one is considered "unlucky" to be using a Sony Android phone...what is one considered who is using a Samsung Android phone?

Very or extremely unlucky? ; )
  • Reply 58 of 74
    mcrsmcrs Posts: 172member

Perhaps, it's someone who is  "very-very-very-very..." unlucky - someone who constantly got shot down every time he tries his pick-up line at a local bar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by icoco3 View Post

• Reply 59 of 74
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by mcrs View Post

Perhaps, it's someone who is  "very-very-very-very..." unlucky - someone who constantly got shot down every time he tries his pick-up line at a local bar.

Well, when the only pick-up line he knows is "Sorry, no thank you," copied off the people who rejected him previously, he's not going to have much luck.

• Reply 60 of 74
    mcrsmcrs Posts: 172member

I think the point is this guy is using his cellphone for "three hour straight" without pause. I would imagine any brain will fry eventually after a three hour of constant bombardment of radiation. Can't he use his land line for a phone call of that extreme duration? I think the best advice to any phone conversation by way of cellphone is to keep it short and simple. Coincidently, Samsung produces cellphones with the least amount of SAR compare to others. Samsung constantly produces cellphones with less than 1.0 SAR level, while the others, including Apple, Nokia, Motorola, RIM and Sony are typically having their phones at SAR level of above 1.0.

For additional reading: ICT Pulse

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Wrong, although higher than some, there are and were plenty of phones with higher SAR levels than the iPhone 3G which was well within accepted guidelines.

I suggest you start  by comparing with some HTC phones.

http://www.sarshield.com/english/radiationchart.htm

Why make claims like this when it only takes a couple of minutes to check on the Internet.