Samsung reportedly dropped as memory supplier for first batch of next-gen iPhones

Comments

• Reply 21 of 137

Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

Hook, line & sinker...

(4 so far) image

I love that they're pretending it's "trolling" and that it's something I actually believe, and then they go on to want to block me. I don't get it… have these people never heard of sarcasm or satire before? For heaven's sake.

Did anyone notice I can't bring myself to call it the "iPhone 5", even in my Anti-Apple Brigade fantasy… 

• Reply 22 of 137
    What about when the Samsung lawyers, at the beginning
    Of the trial said the iPhone uses a lot of Samsung stuff and
    Who's copying who.
    Would be nice to move away from all their sh*t.
  • Reply 23 of 137
    I've been following this thread just to see how many Tallest Skil reels in.
    Really
  • Reply 24 of 137
    I am with you. Instead of moderating its more like trolling.

How exactly would a person with 4 posts know that?

Because, TS posted more than 15,000 comments, and great many of them were trolling.
  • Reply 25 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I love that they're pretending it's "trolling" and that it's something I actually believe, and then they go on to want to block me. I don't get it… have these people never heard of sarcasm or satire before? For heaven's sake.

Did anyone notice I can't bring myself to call it the "iPhone 5", even in my Anti-Apple Brigade fantasy… 

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

I find them refreshing, relevant, to the point and hopefully discouraging to trolls who will make similar posts later on.

they get troll blocked and then complain about it cause their troll comment becomes irrelevant

• Reply 26 of 137
    Fucking hell! Someone volunteers his time to clean up spam, trolls and other crap comments on a forum he enjoys posting on and because of that he's not allowed to have an opinion or have one that differs from yours? What the **** is wrong with people?!
  • Reply 27 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoadm View Post

they get troll blocked and then complain about it cause their troll comment becomes irrelevant

Precisely. "Head 'em off at the pass!"

• Reply 28 of 137

I won't be surprised if Micron gets in on the action for Apple.

• Reply 29 of 137
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member

Quote:

I totally support your posts.  I have never thought of you as a troll.  In fact I see your reply or posts as informative however far from any related topic it may be or how ever close to it as well.  I say don't block moderators.  Maybe I don't like your comment on a particular topic.  

Now for all the ones who are uptight and stuffy.  Well thats part of the whole process here isn't it.  If it is off topic well then I can skip over Tallest Skill's post.  Hitler was into eliminating a type of labeled troll in his day.  See how it worked for him?  Lets do what ever angry people say and make this place a totalitarian place to comment on.  If you step out of line your blocked or banned for life.  Now if you like that thought then go to Mac Rumors.  I am banned for life there.  They love to do such things.  Please leave us accused trollers alone and let us have a more liberal place to comment here.  If not then go take some midol for your PMS.  Basically you get the point.

• Reply 30 of 137

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Fucking hell! Someone volunteers his time to clean up spam, trolls and other crap comments on a forum he enjoys posting on and because of that he's not allowed to have an opinion or have one that differs from yours? What the **** is wrong with people?!

I find it better to poke fun at them than blow up at them. 

Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

Hitler was into eliminating a type of labeled troll in his day.  See how it worked for him?  Lets do what ever angry people say and make this place a totalitarian place to comment on.  If you step out of line your blocked or banned for life.  Now if you like that thought then go to Mac Rumors.  I am banned for life there.  They love to do such things.  Please leave us accused trollers alone and let us have a more liberal place to comment here.  If not then go take some midol for your PMS.  Basically you get the point.

Yes, the point is that you killed your argument long before Godwin got there. image

• Reply 31 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

If this is indeed true, it's music to my ears.  Samsung's cash-cow is slowly going to green pastures.

Samsung's arrogant attitude towards Apple costed it $12b in lost company valuation in addition to the $1b it has to pay out.  Good!  Maybe next time they'll think twice about pissing off someone with a big stick.

Well, that's somewhat misleading.  Samsung mobile's sales now accounts for almost 50% of all Samsung Electronic's revenue, or 75% of profit. Apple's $12+B sales doesn't really amount to much, especially considering Samsung's $160+B annual sales. The semi and display divisions don't really make much money for Samsung or barely breaking even. Samsung is really better off without Apple.

• Reply 32 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wok Toss View Post

Taiwan is smiling with glee.

Toshiba, Elpida are Japanese, while Hynix is Korean.

• Reply 33 of 137

Quote:

I find it better to poke fun at them than blow up at them. 

Yes, the point is that you killed your argument long before Godwin got there. image

Well your on your own man.  I tried in my own dysfunctional way to support you.  I guess I made a mistake.  Maybe we need to after all.

• Reply 34 of 137

Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

Well your on your own man.  I tried in my own dysfunctional way to support you.  I guess I made a mistake.  Maybe we need to after all.

And perhaps I've simply read it wrong. It's late, I'm tired, and rather depressed. If in the morning with a clearer head I've made a mistake, you'll be the first to know, and I'll be the first on my knees about it. Sorry in advance, if that's the case.

• Reply 35 of 137
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimk69 View Post

What about when the Samsung lawyers, at the beginning

Of the trial said the iPhone uses a lot of Samsung stuff

This in itself does not mean Apple was using anything of Samsung's stuff.

• Reply 36 of 137

Quote:

And perhaps I've simply read it wrong. It's late, I'm tired, and rather depressed. If in the morning with a clearer head I've made a mistake, you'll be the first to know, and I'll be the first on my knees about it. Sorry in advance, if that's the case.

Sorry that your depressed.  I hope you feel better then.  Just remember in this world most people don't give a shit.  So if some one shows concern towards you its rare.  Maybe thats something to be happy about.

• Reply 37 of 137
    tooltalk wrote: »
    Apple's $12+ [BILLION] sales doesn't really amount to much... Samsung is really better off without Apple.

You don't think losing over $12 billion in revenue a year wouldn't affect their business? You don't think that losing 7.5% of their revenue is a big deal? Unbelievable!
  • Reply 38 of 137
    Duplicate
  • Reply 39 of 137
    I won't be surprised if Micron gets in on the action for Apple. 

Ahh... Micron Apple.. A relationship that goes back more than 25 years...
  • Reply 40 of 137
    tylerk36 wrote: »
    Sorry that your depressed.  I hope you feel better then.  Just remember in this world most people don't give a shit.  So if some one shows concern towards you its rare.  Maybe thats something to be happy about.

Why is this about personalities... It's supposed to be about tech topics of interest to Apple users... Use FaceBook for the other...