Samsung reportedly dropped as memory supplier for first batch of next-gen iPhones

Comments

• Reply 81 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mode View Post

And thousands of others 3rd the motion.

Say goodbye to Appleinsider - when they hand the keys over to a seething Apple fanatic troll who has already been 'editing' posts. 

Hear that Appleinsider?... the sound of your ad revenue crashing to the floor...

We have already pulled you from our media buying list.

Even Apple isn't stupid enough to put fanatics in charge of their product.... have you paid no attention at all???

Talk about a fatal miscalculation. It's the forums that make the site, and you know that.

Will be refreshing to see who steps up to replace this propaganda blog.

C'est la vie

WOW! Who pissed on your Cheerios this morning?

Take a deep breath, count to ten and think again. Or not, and just go away mad.

BTW: I for one find your numbers ("thousands of others") hard to believe. Care to try to back that up in any kind of way?

• Reply 82 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

The fact that you don't believe it, and are only posting it in hopes of spurring negative comments, is by definition "trolling."

As a moderator, you should A) know that, and B) be above such behavior.

And you wonder why users wish they could block you.

Yes, I'd like to block him as well or just get another moderator instead.

• Reply 83 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Yeah, right Samsung has proved they are untrustworthy as a supplier, there are obviously leaks between their component supply business and their device designers.

Not sure about that. The features that Apple sued Samsung about would not be those revealed to suppliers of processors, DRAM or touchscreens.

• Reply 84 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

Your job is to moderate the forum, not to post, post and post your opinions, sarcasm and satire. If you just want to be a regular member, then that would be a different story. 

I want to block you because I am tired of seeing all your comments...plain and simple.

I second that.

• Reply 85 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by thataveragejoe View Post

It's funny how so many have the 'kill it with fire' attitude towards Samsung, yet to me they are the only reliable ones around. Take the Retina Macbook Pro for example. For those that don't know the screen is for the most part made by LG with Samsung producing the extra to meet demand. The big problem is many many people are having major IR issues with the LG version of them - myself included. I'm on the 3rd one which finally has a Samsung screen and the screen issues are gone, same for everyone else that's reported. While screens aren't memory, be careful what you wish for.

How do you tell that your RetMBP screen is made by Sam or LG?

• Reply 86 of 137

Samsung will be just fine. And it's smart on Apple's part to diversify. Given the bad blood between the two, putting all your eggs in one basket just seems like a receipt for disaster. I personally believe in self-sufficiency - and I know Apple does as well as evidenced by their control-all-aspects approach. I'd like to see the day were they produce all their own parts alleviating supplier dependency altogether.
  • Reply 87 of 137
    winterwinter Posts: 1,238member
    I like Samsung's memory but if Apple wants to diversify for the iPhones. I'm fine with that. Elpida will be fine because they're under the Micron umbrella and I like Samsung's SSDs and NAND.

Also not to ass kiss, but while TS and I don't agree on everything, I will admit that I don't have a problem with him. I've been here almost four years in January.
  • Reply 88 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by rasimo View Post

Apple still accounts for almost 30% of worldwide NAND flash memory demand though.

http://www.storagenewsletter.com/news/marketreport/apple-nand-flash-ihs-isuppli

I was never trying to discount the fact that Apple is the world's largest buyer of NAND memory. I was merely responding to hill60's ridiculous comment that if you remove Apple and Samsung from the market, the rest is merely "crumbs"....

• Reply 89 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

Your job is to moderate the forum, not to post, post and post your opinions, sarcasm and satire. If you just want to be a regular member, then that would be a different story. 

I want to block you because I am tired of seeing all your comments...plain and simple.

Well, why?   While I expect "moderators" to be somewhat neutral (or perhaps not as obnixous as TS), Appleinsider.com is a Apple echo chamber.  Apple fanboys all over the world come here to spread their Apple propaganda and justify their existence. (ok, just kidding)  You could take a hike if you don't like it here (now, on an unrelated note, anybody know why Appleinsider keeps showing up on my Google news/search?)

Let's all leave that poor TS guy alone, ..  oh, wait.. Guys, Look!  TS is on Youtube.

• Reply 90 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by edwardkim View Post

Because, TS posted more than 15,000 comments, and great many of them were trolling.

He is an ultimate troll. King of trolls.

• Reply 91 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury99 View Post

He is an ultimate troll. King of trolls.

Many of us would likely rather have one of him than the whiny, dissembling bunch of you....

• Reply 92 of 137

Earlier in the thread, when they were exchanging, "I love you man!" vows, I thought we were headed toward a kinder and gentler forum.

• Reply 93 of 137
    Mostly they attack Apple.
    Sometimes they attack Steve Jobs and his legacy.
    Now they attack AI forum and its moderators.

Yawn . . .
  • Reply 94 of 137
    mode wrote: »

And thousands of others 3rd the motion.
    Say goodbye to Appleinsider - when they hand the keys over to a seething Apple fanatic troll who has already been 'editing' posts. 

Hear that Appleinsider?... the sound of your ad revenue crashing to the floor...
    We have already pulled you from our media buying list.

Even Apple isn't stupid enough to put fanatics in charge of their product.... have you paid no attention at all???
    Talk about a fatal miscalculation. It's the forums that make the site, and you know that.

Will be refreshing to see who steps up to replace this propaganda blog.

<h1 class="firstHeading" id="user_firstHeading"><span>C'est la vie</span></h1>

Not to burst your bubble, but you aren't that important.
    The loudness of your complaining is inversely proportional to your economic value as a participant here.
  • Reply 95 of 137
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

I think even most Apple fanatics would find that funny. . .

• Reply 96 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairthrope View Post

Quiet, towel head.

hey, you might want to visit my profile and see my avatar, before calling someone "towel head" !!

and looking at your location, what should others call you?

ahmm... how about tiny **** !?

• Reply 97 of 137
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    lamewing wrote: »

The idea and statement that moderators shouldn't post is a laughable. Can you name a forum that doesn't allow moderators to post?

fairthrope wrote: »
    Quiet, towel head.

Racist comments might get people randomly banned.
  • Reply 98 of 137
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    hill60 wrote: »
    Yeah, right Samsung has proved they are untrustworthy as a supplier, there are obviously leaks between their component supply business and their device designers.

Creating a glut could backfire slightly as Samsung will have to dump excess inventory.

I thought Samsung wasn't making parts for new models? The same new models which people seem to have managed to piece together 90% of the alleged unreleased iPhone. I think that's unprecedented.
  • Reply 99 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

The idea and statement that moderators shouldn't post is a laughable. Can you name a forum that doesn't allow moderators to post?

It's fine and dandy if moderators want to post their ideas and statements, however one should be more professional about it.

From what I've seen, his post usually consist of his opinion or statement that will most likely offend other people. Moderators are there to

stop people from causing trouble and not just adding more fuel to it.

• Reply 100 of 137

Originally Posted by Van Lustre View Post

From what I've seen, his post usually consist of his opinion or statement that will most likely offend other people.

I offend people by making fun of Samsung? Not sure this's the site for them, then.